New upgrade from Harman/Becker - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 10-08-2009, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Comfortably Numb

Garage
New upgrade from Harman/Becker

Got a new upgrade from Harman/Becker in the mail today. It's listed as version 2.043 and is for the RER, REW and REP units. If you need the upgrade here's the contact info.

Harman International
39001 W. 12 Mile Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48331
248-994-2794

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Rock God

Thanks for the info. Does it say what the upgrades are?

2012 SLV JK Unlimited Rubicon
post #3 of 15 Old 10-08-2009, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Comfortably Numb

Garage

They have an issue in the area of software documentation. They have never sent me any info with the discs. Haven't had to chance to play with it much, but one change I noticed right away is an arrow that appears at the bottom right corner of the Map. Touch it once and the icons normally on the entire left side disappear giving you about another 1/2" of screen. Touch it again and the icons come back. The screens also seemed to work faster than before. I've also heard that the list of bluetooth compatible phones has increased. I'll post back here when i learn of more.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 10-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Granite Guru

I wonder if the disc you received has any revisions that weren't on the 2.043 that a lot of us have been running for a couple months already, since you have the official copy? Anything new you notice, definitely post it up.

Edit: Duh. Just realized as Liquor mentioned below me, the version I have is.042. Wonder what bugs they worked out to rename it?

Last edited by SaharaBlackNo1; 10-08-2009 at 10:47 PM.
post #5 of 15 Old 10-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

many have been using the 2.042 (beta) that was leaked. it wasnt official but worked fine. wonder if there were any more changes or improvements with the 2.043??

ill have to check it out and see

EDIT:
found a download. rumors are the .zip was bad. when its finished ill report my findings.

only change reported for 2.042 to 2.043 is it loads even faster and screens change quicker and more fluid. 2.042 had already sped up the process, so this will be interesting.

mofv.com/mygig/ great site for info on updating the MyGIG. jump into their forums for the download link for 2.043

i have Vista and on the 2.042 download i had to use an XP machine to burn to disk. i dont have a 3rd party burn software. there have been problems with vista and the .zip and .iso files when burning/unzipping. no problems when on an XP machine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
•
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
•
•
•
• Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
•
•
•
•
•

Magazine Feature:

Last edited by Liquor; 10-08-2009 at 10:52 PM.
post #6 of 15 Old 10-09-2009, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Comfortably Numb

Garage

I posted the 2.042 link here a couple of months ago. wondered why mofv didn't have it posted. 2.043 is still not posted at mofv. checked with Steve at H/B and thats when i found out it wasn't an official release and it had quite a few bugs. i then removed the link with a note why. one of the bugs was that your screen would go blank. not good. when you do download an upgrade from mofv, always burn it at the slowest speed you can as a Data disc. i've used either Sonic Record Now or Nero i wouldn't trust any other site. the guys at mofv have had that site up since 07 and know the mygig.

Quote:
post #7 of 15 Old 10-09-2009, 01:13 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
I posted the 2.042 link here a couple of months ago. wondered why mofv didn't have it posted. 2.043 is still not posted at mofv. checked with Steve at H/B and thats when i found out it wasn't an official release and it had quite a few bugs. i then removed the link with a note why. one of the bugs was that your screen would go blank. not good. when you do download an upgrade from mofv, always burn it at the slowest speed you can as a Data disc. i've used either Sonic Record Now or Nero i wouldn't trust any other site. the guys at mofv have had that site up since 07 and know the mygig.

http://mofv.com/mygig/BBS/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1014

i got the .zip and .iso

on my vista rig. used winrar to extract too "NAME OF FILE" with no problems. its late and im getting hammered so i wont install it tonight. in the morning ill install and cruise around lawrence and ottowa and hit back with a review.

Instructions:

Download the update file. ( .zip or .iso - i used these 2 and they do work )

Unzip the files to your Hard drive and burn them to a CD data disc: (can use DVD)

1. For Version 2.043 - Name the CD to RER_2.043 when burning it. (Recommended)

Burn the CD at 2x speed for maximum reliability (or lowest speed displayed), and disable multisession (Add files later) on your burning software.

2. Root directory MUST contain only one folder and two files:

BECKER (folder)
CD_INFO.CDI
CONFIG.CDI

Start your car (Recommended), Load the CD in your MyGIG radio and the update will automatically start once the disc is recognized. Updating will take around 15 minutes.

Let it update the software and you will know it's finished when it reboots and asks to update again:
(this is the end of the update and when the below is displayed you can eject the update disk)
do NOT stop the process or turn off the Jeep!!!

update process example screen

finished example screen:

Click the No soft key prompt window then Remove the CD after you see the "Update from X.XXX to 2.043" screen.

it will take some time but i started to upload the update files to my website for another download location.

•
•
•
•
2012 Sponsors:
•
•
•
•
•

Magazine Feature:

Last edited by Liquor; 10-09-2009 at 01:20 AM.
post #8 of 15 Old 10-09-2009, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
Comfortably Numb

Garage

mediafire is where i got the 2.042 download from a couple of months ago. some of those sites had downloads that were bad, be careful. i never did load mine so don't know if it was a good copy or not. good luck. keep us posted.

Quote:
post #9 of 15 Old 10-09-2009, 01:33 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
mediafire is where i got the 2.042 download from a couple of months ago. some of those sites had downloads that were bad, be careful. i never did load mine so don't know if it was a good copy or not. good luck. keep us posted.
used mediafire on the 2.042 and this latest (2.043) and no problems. havent installed the 2.043 yet though.

again when im sober and awake. ill give a review after i put it through its paces.

•
•
•
•
2012 Sponsors:
•
•
•
•
•

Magazine Feature:

post #10 of 15 Old 10-09-2009, 07:17 AM
Rock God

i downloaded 2.043 last night a burned the disc, but i forgot to grab it on the way out this morning.

i will install this evening and report back.

performance mods: 3.5" Rock Krawler Mid-Arm lift, ProComp MX-6 shocks, 35 x 12.50 Super Swamper SSRs, 17x8.5" Procomp 9001s in Knight Chrome with 4.5" backspace, Bulldog Fab rear bumper with tire carrier, Smittybilt XRC front bumper, cooltech muffler relocate

appearance mods: budget grille mod, painted A/C rings, made side markers into blinkers, removed "Jeep" front bling.
post #11 of 15 Old 10-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Rock God

Garage

wow its past 9am already??!!

still wrecked....LOL ill go ahead and burn it and get it installed. . .

•
•
•
•
2012 Sponsors:
•
•
•
•
•

Magazine Feature:

post #12 of 15 Old 10-28-2009, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
Comfortably Numb

Garage
version 2.043 fixes list

2.043 RER/REW released October 2009
· Added minimize button to hide/show all buttons on the map
· Implemented PDO release for Nav OPTIONS, both in motion and in static
· Change of all sub screens after HDD AVAILABLE CATERGORIES to read “EXIT” instead of “CANCEL”
· Added Pause/Play button to HDD and Disc per PDO Release
· Diesel Gasoline POI category
· Pop up to notify user that X tracks were successfully copied out of Y tracks
· POI redesign
· New Startup logo and associated changes for “Sterling” vehicle type (DA).
· Added support for Fuel Saver Mode in the HS HEV (new signal FUEL_SA_MD_ACT in CAN VMM820b). Continue to use CYL_DEACT for LS.
· Several bug fixes for POI listing – alphabetical ordering, favorites and nearby POI searches
· Bug fix for phone call VR barge in failure
· Bug fix for incorrect volume after call
· Bug fix for no clock option for +9.5 and +10.5 time zones
· Bug fix for blue screen while scrolling in construction area
· Fix for navigation volume during a phone call
· Fix for disc lock up when trying to add picture from disc
· Bug fix for audio blip when seeking in FM mode
· Fix for Nav Main Menu missing SK
· Bug fix for blue squares displayed on map
· Bug fix for GPS information not populating

Quote:
post #13 of 15 Old 10-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Rock God

Thanks for posting the list. I keep looking for the update on mofv.com but it hasn't shown up there yet. Eventually it will show up.

post #14 of 15 Old 10-28-2009, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Comfortably Numb

Garage

lbeato, look at my post, #1 on this thread. i got my update directly from H/B.

Quote:
post #15 of 15 Old 10-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Rock God

Quote:
lbeato, look at my post, #1 on this thread. i got my update directly from H/B.
Thanks RubiCajun, I gave them a call when you initially posted and left a message. I will have to follow through with another call. Was hoping to be able to download and install. I'm just being lazy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode