Remote start into a Hemi JK - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 10-05-2009, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Remote start into a Hemi JK

The Mopar remote start kit requires a grey wire to spilce into the 3.8 coil wire which is on top of the 3.8 (a 4 way plug). Since the Hemi's don't have this part but rather individual wires from the harness to each cylider, I'm needing the comparable splice point.

I've installed the 2-way remote kit into my 6.1 JK except for this wire. It all functions as it should but without this wire it starts, shuts down, restarts and repeats this. I'm assuming this coil wire tells the remote start it's running so without it connected it doesn't know.

Anyone with any idea how to tie it into the Hemi's?

Black 2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited: 6.1 BOR Hemi, AEV: bumpers, Pinters, 4.5" lift. 5:13's, New Kevlar 37" MT/R, Chromo Rear Shafts, Front: RCV Shafts, gussetted, sleeved etc etc etc (should have just bought a prorock!), all RED badged

2007 Adventure Trailer,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-05-2009, 04:56 PM
dsy
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMike View Post
The Mopar remote start kit requires a grey wire to spilce into the 3.8 coil wire which is on top of the 3.8 (a 4 way plug). Since the Hemi's don't have this part but rather individual wires from the harness to each cylider, I'm needing the comparable splice point.

I've installed the 2-way remote kit into my 6.1 JK except for this wire. It all functions as it should but without this wire it starts, shuts down, restarts and repeats this. I'm assuming this coil wire tells the remote start it's running so without it connected it doesn't know.

I would check the install instructons for a GC and see how it is handled on that.

07 Flame Red Unlimited Rubicon, 5.7 hemi, RCV shafts, 35" KM2's, AEV 3 1/2 lift, , AEV rear swing away Carrier, AEV Snorkel, LoD front bumper with Warn powerplant, 45qt Engel refrigerator / freezer. , Marchal E-Code lamps
DIY Hemi build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-06-2009, 06:59 AM
Rock God

My remote start was already on the 3.8 before the Hemi install, but if you want to give me a call and I'll go out and look at it this evening, maybe we can trace it down. PM me for my cell # if you think this may work.

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 10-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Granite Guru

Are you using the factory remote start? I would personally go for a viper or autopage security/start solution IMO, only wire on the engine you'd need there is the tach and that's just for the rev cutoff
post #5 of 6 Old 10-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMike View Post
Call any of the companies that do the swap. My OEM remote works just fine.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-11-2009, 11:08 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

you just need a tach input, thats what th ewire on the coil was for, you should be able to go to any injector and use the non-common wire ( there will be a same color wire at each injector use the one thats not the same at each one) now you may need to "learn" the tach input, at least you do on a aftermarket remote start, im not sure how to do that on a factory system

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode