Lights under my jeep??? HOW TO??? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-26-2009, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Lights under my jeep??? HOW TO???

I was looking at the rock lights with the strobes and I think it is over kill for me? I noticed that way of life had done some lights that he purchased at walmart. I havent seen a write up on it. What is the best way to do this. I think that there were 7 or 8 lights usued. If anyone has done this please get me some info. I have never done this so if you have some advise I would really appreciate it. Thank You.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-26-2009, 11:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Do you plan on using them as actual rock lights, or for just showing off? I prefer LED due to the minimal power draw of them and their size. Many people go with wal-mart lights, little harder to mount and draw more power. But tend to scatter light more efficiently than LED. It will take more LEDs to match the light of Halogens, but it is a different look and there are pros and cons to everything. I have more pictures of my rock lights in a previous thread, 10 LED pods on mine..

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-27-2009, 05:50 AM
JKO Addict!

if you do the lights get led's. If you get lights like WayofLife and you do any water crossing you will burn them up.

I would like to get these led lights for my jeep
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14997

but i'm kinda tapped out in the jeep funds if you know what i mean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-27-2009, 09:02 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to njjk08

I went the Cheapo route and got those$15 a pair lights from Walmart. They work great but like Grant says they will prolly burn out. I figure at $15 a set i'll just replace them. Although I know i've had them underwater a lot on my last trip out and they still work fine. I also filled them up while washing the jeep and they didn't blow. They run sooo hot though.. that I thought I was burning my wires. haha

Chris.....

Building a BIGGER and BETTER Jeep
post #5 of 7 Old 09-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njjk08 View Post
I went the Cheapo route and got those$15 a pair lights from Walmart. They work great but like Grant says they will prolly burn out. I figure at $15 a set i'll just replace them. Although I know i've had them underwater a lot on my last trip out and they still work fine. I also filled them up while washing the jeep and they didn't blow. They run sooo hot though.. that I thought I was burning my wires. haha
What he said. My fronts are filled with some mud, but they still work fine.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-27-2009, 11:22 AM
JKO Addict!

I have the tantrum lights listed above and they are awesome! So much so that Im ordering another set in a few minutes from RDM. That will give me 2 sets under the Jeep! They really are awesome and do a great job at lighting it up.

On a side note I had the Wal-Mart specials to start with. They get VERY HOT and any water will shatter the lens. They are cheap and effective but having had both I would go with the LED's hands down!
post #7 of 7 Old 09-27-2009, 12:24 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster View Post
I have the tantrum lights listed above and they are awesome! So much so that Im ordering another set in a few minutes from RDM. That will give me 2 sets under the Jeep! They really are awesome and do a great job at lighting it up.

On a side note I had the Wal-Mart specials to start with. They get VERY HOT and any water will shatter the lens. They are cheap and effective but having had both I would go with the LED's hands down!
Looking forward to your order Jeff. I see it in the cart...

Now you just need to pull the trigger!

James

JKOWNERS Member Discount Available at:

Click the link to automatically apply the current offer!

Follow us on:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode