help running Rigid SRM and Flasher to SPOD - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 01-13-2014, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

help running Rigid SRM and Flasher to SPOD

Looking to install my Rigid SR-M reverse lights and am thinking of installing the Rigid flasher as well. First, does anyone know which flasher I'll need(3amp or 6amp)? I'm assuming I can wire this so i have one switch to turn them on solid and one switch to activate the flasher. If anyone has a wiring diagram or any assistance they can offer I'd greatly appreciate it. This will be my first electrical job, but I have two buddies willing to help who've done some amount of wiring.

http://www.baseline4x4.com/p-27729-r...gle-light.aspx

3 amp flasher: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rg...FcQDOgod9zcAzQ

6 amp flasher: http://www.xtralights.com/rigid-indu...FUjNOgodaUQAWw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 01-13-2014, 07:40 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by etl330 View Post
Looking to install my Rigid SR-M reverse lights and am thinking of installing the Rigid flasher as well. First, does anyone know which flasher I'll need(3amp or 6amp)? I'm assuming I can wire this so i have one switch to turn them on solid and one switch to activate the flasher. If anyone has a wiring diagram or any assistance they can offer I'd greatly appreciate it. This will be my first electrical job, but I have two buddies willing to help who've done some amount of wiring.

http://www.baseline4x4.com/p-27729-r...gle-light.aspx

3 amp flasher: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rg...FcQDOgod9zcAzQ

6 amp flasher: http://www.xtralights.com/rigid-indu...FUjNOgodaUQAWw
It looks like the lights only draw 0.63 amps, I'd think you could get away with the 3 amp flasher.

_
'76 CJ-7, '43 CJ-2a, '78 Bronco,'78 CJ-7, '75 CJ-5, '78 CJ-7, '80 CJ-7, '78 SJ, '79 SJ, '78 and a '76 FJ-40 , '90 XJ, '91 XJ, '86 CJ-7, '95 ZJ, '68 CJ-101 Commando, '00 TJ, '68 M-715, 2 '86 Military Blazers, '96 LR Discovery, '86 CJ-7, '91 YJ, '99 TJ, 07' JKU Rubi, 1988 YJ, 1973 Commando, 3 Diesel Excursions....
Now back to a 2013 JKU Rubicon with "stuff", planning 37's with minimal lift.

I've tried them all... Jeeps are still the best. (0||||0)
post #3 of 8 Old 01-13-2014, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guruman View Post
It looks like the lights only draw 0.63 amps, I'd think you could get away with the 3 amp flasher.
okay cool that's what I thought, just wanted to make sure. Now for wiring them to the spod haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 01-14-2014, 11:02 AM
Rock God

Quote:
okay cool that's what I thought, just wanted to make sure. Now for wiring them to the spod haha
You would run the positive and ground wire from the flasher to the positive on your sPod switch panel. You would run the mode wire to the positive switch on the sPod that has been changed to a momentary switch (this will control the mode of the lights). I am not sure if the yellow and blue wires are going to be positive or ground, but you either way you would wire them directly to your Rigid lights.

You do realize that if you wire in a flasher, your lights can't just be on right? They will either be strobing, or off.

Jon

08 Rubicon
post #5 of 8 Old 01-14-2014, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinJon View Post
You would run the positive and ground wire from the flasher to the positive on your sPod switch panel. You would run the mode wire to the positive switch on the sPod that has been changed to a momentary switch (this will control the mode of the lights). I am not sure if the yellow and blue wires are going to be positive or ground, but you either way you would wire them directly to your Rigid lights.

You do realize that if you wire in a flasher, your lights can't just be on right? They will either be strobing, or off.
No, i didn't realize that. I was hoping one switch could turn them on steady and one could turn on the strobing. Looks like the novelty of the flasher won't be happening haha oh well.
post #6 of 8 Old 01-14-2014, 11:30 AM
Rock God

Quote:
No, i didn't realize that. I was hoping one switch could turn them on steady and one could turn on the strobing. Looks like the novelty of the flasher won't be happening haha oh well.
You could do this, but it would be pretty much setting up two different wiring harnesses for the Rigid lights with diodes so one doesn't affect the other. You would be using three switches on your sPod for this project (if you wired it all into the sPod). One for constant on, one to power the strobe module, and another to control the strobe function.

Jon

08 Rubicon
post #7 of 8 Old 01-14-2014, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinJon View Post
You could do this, but it would be pretty much setting up two different wiring harnesses for the Rigid lights with diodes so one doesn't affect the other. You would be using three switches on your sPod for this project (if you wired it all into the sPod). One for constant on, one to power the strobe module, and another to control the strobe function.
okay thanks...sounds like more of a pain that anything...probably not worth it.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-29-2014, 10:16 PM
Wheeler

Diggin up an old thread, but I have an open switch on my black box, and can run a separate momentary switch but what diode would I need to run in line with the flashers/solid relay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode