Are you having problems with Superchips Flashpac TPMS? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 12-25-2013, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Are you having problems with Superchips Flashpac TPMS?

I have been fooling around with the Superchips tech help people for weeks in attempts to get my Flashpac's TPMS to accept a new tire pressure. I have become aware in another forum that others may also have this issue. The only advise I get is to download the latest software, which has not helped in 3 or 4 attempts, and that they will call me when they have a fix. Mine was defective new out of the box. When I suggested they replace the Flashpac, I was told they did not think this would help, which I translate as the software is screwed. The issue may apply to 2013 Wranglers. Not positive.

Anyone?

2013 JKR, Auto, Yukon 4.56, Goodyear MTR/K 35/12.5/17 on XD222 KMC Enduro Beadlocks,Teraflex Big Brakes & Spare Carrier, Warn RC Winch, Metalcloak Front & Rear Bumpers, Metalcloak Overliner Flares & Front Inner Fenders w/ Corner Guards/Tail Lamps, Metalcloak Game Changer 2.5" w/6-Pac's, ARB Diff Covers & Onboard Air, AFE High Tuck Muffler, Front Lower Control Arm Skids, Artec Aluminum Skid System, Poison Spyder Hood Vents, Ripp SC.

There are no winners here; just beguiled participants
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 12-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Granite Guru

I have the flash cal and paq. The tpms only lowers pressure to 22 on either programmer. I was also told they were aware of the issue but there was no fix yet. I was also told that on the paq you had to I not all a tune to get the off road option to work...tpms. It didnt.
post #3 of 25 Old 12-25-2013, 07:06 PM
JKO Addict!

I just disabled mine. All's good.

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 12-25-2013, 07:32 PM
Rock God

I have a flashpaq. I was having issues downloading the tpms off-road option onto the module. It took several (like 5-6) attempts of letting the module update with spark, then connecting to the jeep before the option finally showed up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 25 Old 12-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Rock God

I cant get the new spark to upload , has anyone had that problem ?
post #6 of 25 Old 12-26-2013, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRubiconLJ View Post
I have the flash cal and paq. The tpms only lowers pressure to 22 on either programmer.
My Flashpac offers the option to reduce to 22, but everytime I do so, the Jeep only reprograms to 29 so that if the pressure is some amount below 29 I get a "inflate to 29" not 22. Crazy. The Jeep will not accept an input of 28 period.

2013 JKR, Auto, Yukon 4.56, Goodyear MTR/K 35/12.5/17 on XD222 KMC Enduro Beadlocks,Teraflex Big Brakes & Spare Carrier, Warn RC Winch, Metalcloak Front & Rear Bumpers, Metalcloak Overliner Flares & Front Inner Fenders w/ Corner Guards/Tail Lamps, Metalcloak Game Changer 2.5" w/6-Pac's, ARB Diff Covers & Onboard Air, AFE High Tuck Muffler, Front Lower Control Arm Skids, Artec Aluminum Skid System, Poison Spyder Hood Vents, Ripp SC.

post #7 of 25 Old 12-26-2013, 08:26 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchettt View Post
My Flashpac offers the option to reduce to 22, but everytime I do so, the Jeep only reprograms to 29 so that if the pressure is some amount below 29 I get a "inflate to 29" not 22. Crazy. The Jeep will not accept an input of 28 period.
I had some weirdness too. I thought that maybe I just didn't understand how it was supposed to work. I*thought* I lowered it with the Flashpaq, but as soon as I did, the Jeep kept bugging me to add air... It didn't make much sense to me, so I just set it back and left it.

Since my 37 MTR's and beadlocks are sitting in the shop, I guess I'd better revisit this.

_
'76 CJ-7, '43 CJ-2a, '78 Bronco,'78 CJ-7, '75 CJ-5, '78 CJ-7, '80 CJ-7, '78 SJ, '79 SJ, '78 and a '76 FJ-40 , '90 XJ, '91 XJ, '86 CJ-7, '95 ZJ, '68 CJ-101 Commando, '00 TJ, '68 M-715, 2 '86 Military Blazers, '96 LR Discovery, '86 CJ-7, '91 YJ, '99 TJ, 07' JKU Rubi, 1988 YJ, 1973 Commando, 3 Diesel Excursions....
Now back to a 2013 JKU Rubicon with "stuff", planning 37's with minimal lift.

I've tried them all... Jeeps are still the best. (0||||0)
post #8 of 25 Old 12-26-2013, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltz View Post
I have a flashpaq. I was having issues downloading the tpms off-road option onto the module. It took several (like 5-6) attempts of letting the module update with spark, then connecting to the jeep before the option finally showed up.

At my age and as slow as Sparks downloads, I might be dead before getting the fix then............

post #9 of 25 Old 12-27-2013, 04:46 AM
Wheeler

FlashPac Nothing but Problems!! And they know it.

After talking to Superchips for weeks. Sending my Flashpac back to be reprogrammed along with my PCM.

When I got it back it trashed my transmission. At first my jeep would not start, after three "downloads" recommended by Flashpac it still did not work (that took a week) I was down and with only one vehicle to get to work with I had to borrow a ride.

Three weeks latter I still do not have my Jeep back it is at the dealer trying to find out what happened to it.

SuperChips admitted to me that they did not have a working FlashPac for a 2014 Jeep automatic. Superchips fell off the face of the earth “NO HELP” from them after the last three attempts to fix the problem.
post #10 of 25 Old 12-27-2013, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFueled View Post
Superchips fell off the face of the earth “NO HELP” from them after the last three attempts to fix the problem.
OUCH! Haven't loaded a performance tune yet, and may never do so. Very bad news.

post #11 of 25 Old 12-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Granite Guru

After reading around about superchips I decided to return my Jeep to stock settings. When I did that I verified the tire size and tpms setting were also factory. The flashpaq showed the tires correct but the tpms as 55lbs. I redid the return to factory settings and now I have a tpms code saying I need 25lbs of air in my tires. It wont go away.

My Jeep dealer set my tpms at 28 which is the lowest setting I saw on the computer for my make model and year. It wont reset to 28lbs.

The paq cleared all dtc codes but the tpms keeps popping up.

Do I need to drive it around?

Just for grins I plugged in my flashcal and reset the jeep to factory settings and reviewed the tpms. It showed 28lbs but I am still getting the error saying I need 25lbs added despite dtc clearing.
post #12 of 25 Old 12-28-2013, 05:24 AM
Wheeler

Tire Size Resize

I used the Flashpac to adjust my tire size from 31" tall to 33." that's where it all went wrong with my jeep.

I got a call from the dealer they are now ordering a new transmission because or all the problems. 3 weeks + down and counting unable to drive my new jeep.
post #13 of 25 Old 12-28-2013, 06:10 AM
Granite Guru

What aev told was to overinflate to 35 or whatever to clear the light and then lower the pressure to whatever you set it to
post #14 of 25 Old 12-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Wheeler

I was planning on making the flashpaq my next purchase, I guess not.

color="Red">Custom Paracord Grab Handles
Custom Wrangler iPad Stereo Dash Mounts for sale (11-14)
post #15 of 25 Old 12-29-2013, 05:53 PM
Rock God

Garage

I brought my Flashpaq back in from the Jeep and updated it. Since I had already tuned the Jeep, the TPMS program was an option to "buy" for free from the store. It took a while to update the unit and "buy" the option, then I had to disconnect/reconnect the Flashpaq, it said there were updates (the TPMS program I just bought) It downloaded and installed in just a few seconds.

I have not had it back out to the Jeep yet, but this explains at least part of my issues in getting it to work the first time.

_
'76 CJ-7, '43 CJ-2a, '78 Bronco,'78 CJ-7, '75 CJ-5, '78 CJ-7, '80 CJ-7, '78 SJ, '79 SJ, '78 and a '76 FJ-40 , '90 XJ, '91 XJ, '86 CJ-7, '95 ZJ, '68 CJ-101 Commando, '00 TJ, '68 M-715, 2 '86 Military Blazers, '96 LR Discovery, '86 CJ-7, '91 YJ, '99 TJ, 07' JKU Rubi, 1988 YJ, 1973 Commando, 3 Diesel Excursions....

post #16 of 25 Old 12-30-2013, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guruman View Post
I have not had it back out to the Jeep yet, but this explains at least part of my issues in getting it to work the first time.
Check back when you have a chance to try it.

post #17 of 25 Old 12-30-2013, 06:50 PM
Rock God

post #18 of 25 Old 01-08-2014, 03:14 PM
Wheeler

After three weeks I got my jeep back from the dealer too much to list of what they had to do to get it running again.

I WOULD NEVER BUY A SUPERCHIPS PRODUCT EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

And for those of you with automatics don’t even think about it.
post #19 of 25 Old 01-08-2014, 03:39 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
After three weeks I got my jeep back from the dealer too much to list of what they had to do to get it running again.

You have a 2014?
post #20 of 25 Old 01-09-2014, 01:24 AM
Wheeler

Yes I do.
post #21 of 25 Old 01-09-2014, 07:42 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:

I can't imagine the Flashpaq doing anything that could not be fixed by either:

A) Re-flashing the ECU

or

B) Replacing the ECU

What the heck did they do?

_

post #22 of 25 Old 01-09-2014, 03:02 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guruman View Post
I can't imagine the Flashpaq doing anything that could not be fixed by either:

A) Re-flashing the ECU

or

B) Replacing the ECU

What the heck did they do?
I asked the same thing. No help from SuperChips.
post #23 of 25 Old 01-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Wheeler

After having all the problems I asked Superchips if they ever tested this unit on a real vehicle or was this a program simulation on there desk top?

Superchips replied that they have a 2014 Rubicon they "tested" it on but it was a standard "Stick" not an automatic.

I was not a "Beta Tester" I purchased a "working" unit .

Although I turned out to be the "Beta" in the end not knowingly.

I was very upset with Superchips after finding that most of the so called options that they advertise does not work on the 2014 even though it was advertised that it would work to do so.

The tire size only works is some categories not all like it works in 35" (I think)but not in 33.25. then why have to option as a setting to match your tire size to 33.25 knowing it wont work?

There were lots of things like that in my conversations with them.

Most of what I got was "try this" ………………. and then they would go on with the steps I need to take to see if it works. Every time it did not work.

That is not what I paid for.

I purchased a "working" unit tested and sold with the promis that it works with my 2014 Jeep as advertised. All BS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by OverFueled; 01-11-2014 at 02:22 AM.
post #24 of 25 Old 03-15-2014, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Bump.

Has anyone gotten any of their Superchips Flashpac problems corrected? Are you just living with them?? The "fix" Superchips is working on for me has never been resolved and they are absolutely SILENT. When I call (I no longer do) I only get "we are working on it will call you". My issues date to Nov. 2013.

post #25 of 25 Old 03-30-2014, 09:40 PM
Wheeler

I bought the FlashCal in Dec 2013 for my 2013 Jk Sport, MT, 3.21:1 gears. I just got a set of 285/70/17 Trail Grapplers and needed to recalibrate and planning to re-gear soon. I almost got the FlashPac but decided I didn't need all of that yet so saved the money. No problems with setting the tire size and setting the fogs to "on w/ hi-beams". Took a few tries to get the tires dialed in, not because of the FlashCal, just tire physics. Just a couple weeks ago I got an offer to upgrade the software so it would become a FlashPac. Ended up being a little cheaper than just buying the FlashPac from the start. In the time since I purchased this device I've used it a few different times. For trying different settings, playing with tire size, studying the interface, and putting the 87 octane tune on it. My under-geared, oversized tires, JK had come to life. Almost a little too torquey. I'll revert to stock before I reprogram for my new gears. I can honestly say I've had no issues with the device, or caused by this device. Seems like a lot of people have had issues with 2014 autos. I hope you all get it taken care of, but for everyone with pre-2014 JK's should be scared to use one if these. Just be sure to use as indicated and follow the directions.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode