They apparently have the LED's that don't flicker if you use them for fogs

The are cheap and appear to be good quality

http://www.inspired-engineering.com/default.asp

They even have the mounts for our foglights...plug and play
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 12-24-2013, 11:58 AM
Rock God

I know a guy that has several of their LEd's and he speaks highly of their quality.
post #3 of 31 Old 12-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Wheeler

I will place them on order

I will keep you informed at how they perform on the JK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 12-28-2013, 08:11 AM
Rock God

Yes I would like to see how they stack up against the Rigid ?
post #5 of 31 Old 12-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Wheeler

I run their cubes in the factory foglight spots and I can't say enough good things. Sami is great to work with and their products are good quality. Also if you want something not listed on their site just shoot them an email, they will try to accommodate what your looking for. I highly recommend them.
post #6 of 31 Old 12-30-2013, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I couldn't wait.....went ahead an bought them. Yep they are freaking bright

Just plugged it in compared to stock foglight

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #7 of 31 Old 12-30-2013, 07:02 PM
V8 dreams

i wanted new headlights, until i put my rigids in the factory fog spot, now i can see everything

mine did flicker when turned off, until the relay was added. these have no flicker at all?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2010 Silver JKU
post #8 of 31 Old 12-31-2013, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post
i wanted new headlights, until i put my rigids in the factory fog spot, now i can see everything

mine did flicker when turned off, until the relay was added. these have no flicker at all?

No flicker what so ever!

I'm going to create a video later just to show what it looks like when driving. Absolutely love this mod.

post #9 of 31 Old 01-22-2014, 03:23 PM
Wheeler

I just got them installed and Yes the are good. Very impressive with the beam Everything I want in a fog light.
post #10 of 31 Old 01-22-2014, 05:24 PM
Granite Guru

LED's in the foglight housing works. i just got my jeep yesterday with a crazy amount of LED's on it and i can use just the leds as fog lights for low beams haha. there not a vendor here but just watch the torture test from RAZORLED. look them up. i have every product from them (for jeeps) on mine

Nick, I use the word AWESOME a lot.
2007 'Rescue Green' JKU
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 31 Old 01-23-2014, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

add ROCK LIGHTS from Inspired Engineering LED's to my list... these guys are just awesome... I have some ideas on these lights...just need to work out a few things first....
post #12 of 31 Old 01-23-2014, 08:08 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

more pics.... and how bout that vid

How I LEARNED TO STOP GIVING A SHIT AND LOVE MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE

It’s time to reevaluate the way we coddle the future generation. Making mistakes and getting hurt is how you grow. Teaching kids to fear Pop Tarts is how you promote xenophobia. Let’s get it together, America.
post #13 of 31 Old 01-27-2014, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Inspired Engineering LED's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
more pics.... and how bout that vid

I tried with my phone and it's not coming out right for some reason

These pics don't give it justice.

Pic with fog on and off.

I got the flood pattern and it lights up the street signs like crazy and obviously around the road. 100x better than stock fogs!!!!

Again crappy pics but you will be amazed.

Last edited by Grant211; 01-27-2014 at 05:56 AM.
post #14 of 31 Old 01-27-2014, 07:05 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant211 View Post
add ROCK LIGHTS from Inspired Engineering LED's to my list... these guys are just awesome... I have some ideas on these lights...just need to work out a few things first....
Initially I thought their fogs might be an easy way for rock lights but they are too costly. I looked at their rock lights and look bout the same as the lights that Oznium carries but 6x the cost. I'm just basing it on appearance as their website doesn't show specs. The Oznium's range from 3-18 lumens (depending on color). I have the Oznium's already but haven't put them into use on the trail. At the mall they look cute. They can be found here http://www.oznium.com/led-bolt
post #15 of 31 Old 01-27-2014, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmike74 View Post
Initially I thought their fogs might be an easy way for rock lights but they are too costly. I looked at their rock lights and look bout the same as the lights that Oznium carries but 6x the cost. I'm just basing it on appearance as their website doesn't show specs. The Oznium's range from 3-18 lumens (depending on color). I have the Oznium's already but haven't put them into use on the trail. At the mall they look cute. They can be found here http://www.oznium.com/led-bolt
I haven't hooked up the rock lights just yet, but i did connect it to a 9volt just to get an idea and it let up my garage. I was very impressed with them. I am not sure is oznium are the same, but for that price...shoot i might grab some.

I already gave two of my rock lights to a buddy. He is going to mount them inside his YJ as floor lights I was planning on adding the others into my reverse lights...just haven't had time.
post #16 of 31 Old 01-27-2014, 08:30 AM
Granite Guru

Put mine in a few weeks ago, no one has flashed me yet so they aren't bothering oncoming drivers.

Here's a video I took on a pretty dark road via my dashcam of the flood lights. I turn them off and on several times. Beside lighting up the road better the reflective signs appear brighter when they're on as well. Keep in mind these lights were not installed flush to the end of the socket like the OEM lights were, they are about 2 inches back, I imagine I'll get even more out of them when I move them forward some more.

High def video is available for this via the youtube settings.

foglights1 - YouTube

2013 Sahara Unlimited

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
post #17 of 31 Old 01-30-2014, 07:54 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Teal"]these lights were not installed flush to the end of the socket like the OEM lights were, they are about 2 inches back, I imagine I'll get even more out of them when I move them forward some more.
Definitely would like to see how they look once you mount them forward a bit more. I'm looking for something to mount in my JCR bumper. I'll get it back from powder coating in about another week and I want to have something other that the OEM fogs to install when I get ready to install the bumper.
post #18 of 31 Old 01-30-2014, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flomingo View Post
Definitely would like to see how they look once you mount them forward a bit more. I'm looking for something to mount in my JCR bumper. I'll get it back from powder coating in about another week and I want to have something other that the OEM fogs to install when I get ready to install the bumper.

Just buy them and stop wondering. It's worth it. If still in doubt ask them about a return policy.

post #19 of 31 Old 01-30-2014, 02:27 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
JCR friendly install.

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149202

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #20 of 31 Old 01-30-2014, 05:21 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
This is not mine but how they look when flush to where the OEM came too: (a photo the manufacturer had)

These are mine, a friend installed them and didn't realize an adjustment could be made to bring them forward. I asked the manufacturer about it and he told me how, it's just been too damn cold to deal with it right now.

2013 Sahara Unlimited

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!”
post #21 of 31 Old 02-06-2014, 12:38 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:

I moved them forward and I do get a better peripheral light flow. Basically these lights fill the area between the Jeep's bumper and where the low beams hit the road ahead. The roads around here haven't been dry enough to get a good comparison video, the wet road eats up the light reflection, but here's a few still shots.

Halfway through moving them forward, the one on the left is at the forward point.

Low beams no fogs

High beams no fogs

Low beams with fogs

2013 Sahara Unlimited

Last edited by soberbyker; 02-06-2014 at 12:40 PM.
post #22 of 31 Old 02-08-2014, 07:42 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Just buy them and stop wondering. It's worth it. If still in doubt ask them about a return policy.

Will do! Can't beat the price and the reviews.
post #23 of 31 Old 02-21-2014, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Will do! Can't beat the price and the reviews.
cool deal!
post #24 of 31 Old 03-20-2014, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Looks like they have have ROUND LED fog light's now... I like it...

http://www.inspired-engineering.com/...E%2DJkrevolver

post #25 of 31 Old 03-21-2014, 03:25 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Looks like they have have ROUND LED fog light's now... I like it...

http://www.inspired-engineering.com/...E%2DJkrevolver
They do have a nicer look to them than the square ones. However, looking at the site, so far they are only available as an "8 degree spot", no "90 flood", which would blind oncoming drivers if used on road.

2013 Sahara Unlimited

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode