Jeep infinity amp bypass jumper harness - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-23-2013, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Jeep infinity amp bypass jumper harness

I am hoping to make a harness to connect from the inputs of the amp to the outs basically bypassing the amplifier. I understand I will lose the sub without an external amp and will use front components to keep the tweets. Is there going to be any problems with the ecu when unplugging the amp? I hope to keep all functions from my Pac harness such as controls and power. Also, does anyone know where to source such harness? I am done fighting the battle with this garbage amplifier as it has won. Plan b is to unplug and throw in the dumpster. Appreciate any help with this. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Wheeler

I thought PAC made a harness to allow the use to the factory sub with and aftermarket deck also.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-23-2013, 10:30 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

don't quite understand what you're doing but if you're not satisfied with the oem amp, try one out of a 2008 Dodge Nitro plug and play and noticebly increased sound quality in all speakers especially the sound bar speakers and bass. if this is not what you're after tell me to get lost . good luck.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 12-25-2013, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I have had an ongoing problem with distortion from my front right speaker. I swapped the h/u in hopes to remedy the problem but it still exsists. The conclusion is the problem is related with the amp which Chrysler will not replace. Instead of paying a couple hundred for a factory amp with bad fade to the rear outputs I would rather bypass the factory amplifier and use the money in good speakers as my h/u will not support 2ohm factory infinity speakers. I understand the nitro amp not to work with a 12 as the computer eq settings are programmed into the computer. thanks.

Last edited by Billdozer; 12-28-2013 at 07:36 PM.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-25-2013, 07:55 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billdozer View Post
I have had an ongoing problem with distortion from my front right speaker
i have the same problem...will keep posted on your outcome. i have replaced my factory sub and put a external amp on the sub with no change to the popping.

2012 Black JKU , 2.5 RockKrawler lift, 285/75-17 nitto terra's, Custom AtoZ sliders, AtoZ bumper with Quadratec I9500 winch..
post #6 of 7 Old 12-28-2013, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I really dont want to hack up the factory harness but what I was thinking is to use the rear rcas from my h/u to feed the factory amp to power sub and tweets if I didnt use componet speakers up front. I have already went over budget on this. I could use rca to speaker wire into the front inputs of the pac harness to feed the amp with stereo input. For the door/ soundbar was thinking about cutting the wires or depin if possible from the output harness of the amplifier that feeds the front and rear speakers. I am hoping to use factory wiring to these. I will have to swap the speakers as the h/u will not support 2ohm speakers which sucks because my rear are the kicker upgrades. I am thinking this would fix the rear soundbar fade issue and front right speaker pop issue. If anyone has any better ideas please let me know.

The original plan was to do this without cutting wires. I do not like modifying factory wiring if possible.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-16-2014, 05:30 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billdozer View Post
I really dont want to hack up the factory harness but what I was thinking is to use the rear rcas from my h/u to feed the factory amp to power sub and tweets if I didnt use componet speakers up front. I have already went over budget on this. I could use rca to speaker wire into the front inputs of the pac harness to feed the amp with stereo input. For the door/ soundbar was thinking about cutting the wires or depin if possible from the output harness of the amplifier that feeds the front and rear speakers. I am hoping to use factory wiring to these. I will have to swap the speakers as the h/u will not support 2ohm speakers which sucks because my rear are the kicker upgrades. I am thinking this would fix the rear soundbar fade issue and front right speaker pop issue. If anyone has any better ideas please let me know.

The original plan was to do this without cutting wires. I do not like modifying factory wiring if possible.
Well u could use t-taps on the factory wires u don't have to cut anything. I use these a lot when installing alarms

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Attached Images

Last edited by honeybadger08; 01-16-2014 at 06:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode