2013 JK Unlimited Rockford Fosgate P300-10 Install - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-16-2013, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

2013 JK Unlimited Rockford Fosgate P300-10 Install

So the ole Jeep is lacking in the sound department, so I decided to make some changes. I installed Alpine 6.5 SPS-610 in the sound bar, but to really fill out that low end I put in a P300-10 Rockford Fosgate powered sub. After doing some research that is what I went with. It has high level speaker inputs, so I removed the dash (which was easier than I thought) and spliced into the front speakers (after some reading it was suggested to splice into the front speakers rather than the sound bar speakers). The powered sub also has a setting to be turned on using DC Offset. The manual says that is uses the 6v signal from the speaker level inputs. The hardest part of the whole install was running the wires under the door sills. I very carefully pried up the fasteners taking extra care not to break them and then removed the door sills. The last thing I did was run the remote gain control under the center carpet to the center console and installed it using velcro right under the console lid latch.

I am very pleased with this sub. It will definitely rattle the windows...it you turn the gain up enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Wheeler

How do you like the alpines?
post #3 of 7 Old 12-16-2013, 08:01 PM
Wheeler

I just did a sub install myself and used the sound bar I two into. I wanted to steer very clear of having to rip open my dash, as the jeep isn't even a month old.

What is the advantage to using the front speakers as opposed to the rear as your tap for the LOC?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 12-16-2013, 08:35 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcp155 View Post
So the ole Jeep is lacking in the sound department, so I decided to make some changes. I installed Alpine 6.5 SPS-610 in the sound bar, but to really fill out that low end I put in a P300-10 Rockford Fosgate powered sub. After doing some research that is what I went with. It has high level speaker inputs, so I removed the dash (which was easier than I thought) and spliced into the front speakers (after some reading it was suggested to splice into the front speakers rather than the sound bar speakers). The powered sub also has a setting to be turned on using DC Offset. The manual says that is uses the 6v signal from the speaker level inputs. The hardest part of the whole install was running the wires under the door sills. I very carefully pried up the fasteners taking extra care not to break them and then removed the door sills. The last thing I did was run the remote gain control under the center carpet to the center console and installed it using velcro right under the console lid latch.

I am very pleased with this sub. It will definitely rattle the windows...it you turn the gain up enough.
Got any pics of where it is mounted? Would love to add a sub, but don't wanna take away from the storage in back to much.

post #5 of 7 Old 12-16-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius_Black View Post
What is the advantage to using the front speakers as opposed to the rear as your tap for the LOC?
The factory output for the surround (sound bar speakers) is much lower than for the dash front speakers. The sound bar speakers are more for filling in the sound and are underpowered for what they are (essentially equal to the fronts in size and rating). Change your fader to full rear, then full front and you will hear the difference. There are threads on how to get around this on some forums. That said, I have upgraded all mine on this Jeep and my last, and I haven't found the need yet for an amp at this point.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-17-2013, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhiland View Post
How do you like the alpines?
The alpines are great. I had a couple pioneer 6.5" in before and did not like.

2013 Jeep JK Unlimited Sport S
2.5" Rough Country Lift
33" Goodyear DuraTrac
post #7 of 7 Old 01-03-2014, 07:50 AM
Wheeler

Interesting... Honestly I'm quite happy with having used the sound bar to tap my LOC into. I can fine-tune the bass output without over doing the bass in the speakers themselves. That and as I said before, I wanted to stay away from ripping open the dash.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode