Beep, beep, beep!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-29-2009, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Beep, beep, beep!!!

In loveley SW florida. Caught in 83 seconds of torrential downpour then sun. I removed my top long ago and only have the Bestop mesh on. Got in the garage. About an hour later, i hear my horn start going off. I go out to the garage and it stops. I ask her what's wrong and .....nothing. I turn to go in and the horn starts again . I feel like I am in the Christine movie.

I put her out in the sun. She starts up again. Short beeps, long beeps...whatever. Can't actually get it to happen again now.

Could water somehow have infiltrated the horn wiring and caused this? A little nerver racking, especailly when she answered me with the horn..Anyhting i can do or check, or just let her dry out?

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." A.Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-29-2009, 02:57 PM
Granite Guru

Sounds like you rode her hard, and put her away wet. I love my Bestop Mesh Bikini, as if you drive above 25, nothing gets wet. Battery connections ok? I would take her out in the sun, open the hood, spray WD40 over the whole motor, start it up, and after warm up, close hood, take her out for a short spin. Water got in something, but could just be a ground issue arising. Were you driving in this downpour you speak of? or parked, then drove?

2008 Red Rock Rubicon Unltd 6spd dual top
post #3 of 3 Old 08-29-2009, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Was in a store picking up something. I knew it was coming, but had to get the something. She was sitting still for about 60 seconds and then i took off. I was able to get on the other side of the rainstorm..again, lovely FL weather. You can drive around the showers most of the time. I think some rain went inside the steering column and got the connections wet. Have had her in the sun most of the day.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." A.Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode