At the dealer for the 4th time in 3 months - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 11-21-2013, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

At the dealer for the 4th time in 3 months

I've had my 08 Sahara to the dealer 4 times in the last 3 months for electrical problems....it stalls, loses power,windshield wipers come by themselves,horn issues,alarm issues,etc.....they've replaced the TIPM, a wiper motor....it never acts up for them....swell....my friend is the salesman who sold it to me and I in know way blame him....although he's taking the brunt of it from me....it's still under warranty so they hook me up with a loaner....but when do i pull the plug and really start to push? Or let them work it out?? I have no clue...I'm afraid it'll shit on me when I'm driving and I'll have my young children with me...get rear ended and what not....I've read about the issues, but does it ever get resolved? They are going to start checking grounds which I was told could take forever.....do I take a trade on it for a new one??. If I do, I can only afford a base, and I mean barebones base model...I'm not sure it's worth it....Sahara to bottom barrel sport??. Same payment??? I don't know what to do.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-21-2013, 08:02 AM
Rock God

Push for another Jeep. No need to spend money on a fairly new vehicle ls for to be nothing but unreliable. My aunt had a jeep jk and of the 4 months she had it it won't weeks in the shop. Had he TIPM issue and all that. They took it back and let her pick out another car.
post #3 of 6 Old 11-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Granite Guru

First, they need to be sure the modules are up to date with the newest flashes... and it has been a known issue of late for TIPM problems...
But, if they cant duplicate it (NOTHING you can do about that) ask them to put the "flight recorder" in the vehicle... they should know what that means, and if nothing else, ask them if a "star case" has been started... or when a field tech can come look at it...
BUT, if the concern is never duplicated and no codes are stored, you can "push" any issue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 11-24-2013, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

He told me they dug deeper into the diagnostic testing and found a loose ground wire within the engine compartment from some module... My question is why they hadn't dug deeper the first time it was in... They said they feel confident that they resolved the issue... I am losing my confidence but I'm going to give it this last try if not they're going to buy the vehicle back from me for exactly what I paid for it......
post #5 of 6 Old 11-24-2013, 07:16 PM
JKO Addict!

I'd be on the phone with Corporate Chrysler/Jeep sooner than later getting something worked out. The dealer isn't going to initiate anything in your favor regarding all the problems you've had, it's on you.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 Old 11-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelticknotts View Post
He told me they dug deeper into the diagnostic testing and found a loose ground wire within the engine compartment from some module... My question is why they hadn't dug deeper the first time it was in...
Lazy... nothing short of lazy, and they dug "deeper" this time because someone in management finally said.."that's enough, figure it out"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelticknotts View Post
They said they feel confident that they resolved the issue... I am losing my confidence but I'm going to give it this last try if not they're going to buy the vehicle back from me for exactly what I paid for it......
They feel confident?, really? That's Tech talk for... I am taking a wild guess..
if a tech has it fixed... he KNOWS its fixed...

I would ask if that tech consulted Star Cases...
And, I am curious, how is a 2008 still under warranty?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode