Low beam problem - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 11-13-2013, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Low beam problem

So every once and a while my low beams will flicker on and off, or turn off all together. When this happens it doesn't affect any other light, I still have high beams, dash lights, everything... It's just my low beam. Curious if anyone has ran into this? What was it? The headlight switch o bad ground? And if a ground, where do I look? My head lights are also retarded dim... Always have for as long as I can remember
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-13-2013, 01:11 PM
Rock God

Well inspect the bulbs for reasons the headlight is dim. I hated my headlights and did the h4 conversion. Love my lights now.

As far as flickering of the low beam and goes off completely I would guess that it is the switch. If you know someone willing to trade switches just to trouble shoot would be a good way to start. Otherwise it will be a process of elimination. May have to chase down the wiring harness to see if you can spot a problem. I would start from the headlight to identify wire color for low beam and go from there.

Hopefully someone will chime in with experience with this same problem. Good luck.

I guess your out of warranty? I would check with the dealer to see if they could search Chrysler data base for any recalls or service bulletins on this as well.

That's all I got for you it's not much so sorry for that....

JKUR auto | 5:38 | tires 36"x17 wheels 9"x4.5"bs | TF 6"| ASFIR bumpers, skids | SuperWinch EPi9.5 | RCV shafts | SC traildash | Xenon fenders | OBA York

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-13-2013, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

tonight, my driverside headlight went out and the passanger stayed on and i lost high beams as well. i really dont want to take it to the dealer but i might have too. warranty just ran out (of course)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 11-14-2013, 07:31 AM
Wheeler

I have a similar problem. My fog lights flicker and almost go out then come back on. Also, when my fogs are on, I can't turn my some light on. My blinkers usually cause the dash to blink dim and bright. I believe its in the switch somewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode