Locker lights flashing?! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 08-20-2009, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Locker lights flashing?!

My lights on the dash continuously flash.The lockers are not engaged,but the lights won't stop flashing.They become solid when the lockers are engaged,but flash otherwise.Any suggestions?

'08 Rubicon UL Red Rock(SOLD)
'83 CJ-7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Granite Guru

Did you try pushing the top of the factory switch? I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I finally just figured that out the other day. Bottom to engage top to disengage.

If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.
post #3 of 11 Old 08-20-2009, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crooked1 View Post
Did you try pushing the top of the factory switch? I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I finally just figured that out the other day. Bottom to engage top to disengage.
yes,I know how it works.

'83 CJ-7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 08-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Rock God

Yours may be different than mine

The top engages/dis the front locker and the bottom engages/dis the rear locker--ONLY IN 4LO

JIMBO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Man, you gotta have style

"YELLOW JEEP No. 683"
post #5 of 11 Old 08-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Rock God

Garage

my front locker light on my dash board flashes.. never goes solid.. never has since i got my gears installed.. and it still engages..

07 2dr Rubicon - Teraflex 6" LA - 37 KM2's - LoD rear bumper - Rockhard front stubby - Poison Spyder Flares - etc.

upcoming: Front D60, 40's, beadlocks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 Old 08-20-2009, 07:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I love everybody that just thinks he doesnt know how to use the lockers, like that has to be it

how many miles since your gears were done? I'm going to bet they installed the sensor plunger wrong or its broken, my shop did same thing and actaully broke one of mine and never told me.

check this thread out https://jkowners.com/forum/showthread...=locker+sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #7 of 11 Old 08-21-2009, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

TK,
I completely think it's related to the gear install.I have a very good repore with the shop I used but they have not even looked into it...yet.I have myself partially to blame b/c I have not dropped it off with them for very long.He hooked it up to his computer to see if a sensor was malfunctioning,but nothing showed up.I'm going to drop it off and leave with them as long as it takes(b/c I think the gear install is the problem) as soon as they finish my YJ.

'83 CJ-7
post #8 of 11 Old 08-21-2009, 07:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

If you see that link I posted all they gotta do is make sure its installed right, I'm betting they have it in the wrong position and wont take long to fix at all.

what ya getting done to the YJ? bigger V8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
A Jeep just zipped past my house and I could swear I heard the driver yellin:

"The tkob is coming!! The tkob is coming!!"
post #9 of 11 Old 08-21-2009, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
If you see that link I posted all they gotta do is make sure its installed right, I'm betting they have it in the wrong position and wont take long to fix at all.

what ya getting done to the YJ? bigger V8?
TK,
thanks for the info.As far as the YJ goes,I wish I was getting a bigger V8.I am having all new gauges,new flywheel,and new exhaust done.I just found out yesterday that my fuel tank is shot,so I'm picking up a new one tomorrow(thanks to a local YJ owner).I hope to have it back next week.

'83 CJ-7
post #10 of 11 Old 08-22-2009, 10:08 AM
Slow and Low

Try unplugging the sensors at the axles, and then slowly turn them out of the housing. DON'T wrench on them if you feel resistance, because if they are installed correctly, you'll break off the sensor's mushroom tip
If they come out of the housing all the way, they are installed wrong, or the tip has already broken off.

The most common mistake that gear shops are making is that they put in the sensors after they install the carrier. The sensor goes in BEFORE the carrier because the sensor is pull-activted. The disc around the locker actuator pulls the sensor out when the locker is engaged. It's kinda backwards, but that's the way it works. So if this is your issue, they have to pull the carriers, install the sensors properly, then re-install the carriers.

Chryco should have made it a spring-loaded push-type sensor... but noooooo, that makes too much sense!
post #11 of 11 Old 01-10-2014, 01:16 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkob1060 View Post
I love everybody that just thinks he doesnt know how to use the lockers, like that has to be it

how many miles since your gears were done? I'm going to bet they installed the sensor plunger wrong or its broken, my shop did same thing and actaully broke one of mine and never told me.

check this thread out https://jkowners.com/forum/showthread...=locker+sensor
This is why I search. Old thread old post from 2009. Priceless.

JKUR auto | 5:38 | tires 36"x17 wheels 9"x4.5"bs | TF 6"| ASFIR bumpers, skids | SuperWinch EPi9.5 | RCV shafts | SC traildash | Xenon fenders | OBA York

Last edited by JeepUpKeep37s; 01-10-2014 at 10:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode