New sPOD and Source install, so easy my girlfriend did it!!!! Part 1 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-18-2009, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

New sPOD and Source install, so easy my girlfriend did it!!!! Part 1

So I had previously set up my new JKRubicon with switches and relays of my own when I bought it in early 2008. After needing to add more switches and not wanting to go through the rats nest of wires I had previously installed, I picked up the sPOD and Source electronic distribution system. Here is a pic of what I had previously installed. This is just a small sample of all the wires that I had to run just for a four switch system. Needless to say, itís always a pain in the &$$ running the numerous wires to and from relays to switches to lights.

Here's a pic of the wires and fuse box I pulled from under the hood. I left the switches I previously installed next to the cupholders in case I decided to switch a locker bypass in the future.

The sPOD and Source was soo easy to install, I had my girlfriend do it. Needless to say guys, I got me a keeper. Here's a pic of her pulling the paneling away from the headboard to run the single wire loom that runs through the firewall to the Source.

This is a pic of her installing the footmans loop that installs in the same holes where the windshield strap loop is located. The only drilling necessary for this install was to remove the rivets that held the windshield strap bracket in place. The windshield loop is still accessible with the sPOD system.

From this point we hook up the Source wire loom that runs from the firewall to the sPOD switch panel.

The wire loom is color coded and easy instructions make connecting the wire loom to the switches easy. As you can see here, we connect the included hose from my air compressor tank to the pressure gauge option on the switch panel. A standard brass hose connector was included that threaded directly onto my air tank.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

Damn, your GF is cute...AND works on Jeeps!!!
Your one lucky guy

Thanks for the write-ups and welcome to the forum
post #3 of 5 Old 08-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Rock God

Send a message via AIM to NYJKGUY

Your girl aint the only one who helps there man work oN there chit my girl helped with the front bumper and my flares lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeatenPath View Post
i dont really want to look at filthy girls anyway
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJKGUY View Post
Your girl aint the only one who helps there man work oN there chit my girl helped with the front bumper and my flares lol
no pics=Didn't happen
post #5 of 5 Old 08-18-2009, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Haha. NYJKGUY, we want some pics!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode