New sPOD and Source install, so easy my girlfriend did it!!!! Part 2 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 08-18-2009, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

New sPOD and Source install, so easy my girlfriend did it!!!! Part 2

Here’s a pic of her fastening the final sPOD switch panel flush to the headboard. I was really impressed with how this system has a clean “factory” look to it.

Here’s a pic of us pulling the wire loom through the firewall using the factory hole with ease using a straightened wire hanger.

So we pull the factory bolts from the factory computer holes and add the Source mounting plate and tighten bolts back in place.

Here she connects the wire harness to the correct Source tabs. Everything is labeled and pictures in the instructions make it easy for the correct placement of wires in correlation to switches. Everything is snap on which makes installation a breeze. Even a girl can do it (wink, wink).

Here we connect the wires from accessories to the Source. Each switch has its own relay, fuse and negative/positive lead. Having a negative hook up proved valuable as we all know finding correct grounds can be frustrating and time consuming.

Here’s the finished look of the Source under the hood. As you can see, it has a great factory finished look and is well protected from the elements. Two latches keep the Source cover in place and keeps it well protected.

Here’s the finished look of the sPOD switch panel. I specifically asked for an assortment of color coded switches to help in separating the different applications of accessories.

Currently on my six switches I have (2) pairs of front mounted lights, (1) pair rear lights, (1) rock lights, (1) air compressor and (1) CB.

Here’s the final look of my JKRubicon with lights all hooked up with the sPOD and Source system.

I took my time running the wires from all accessories to the Source and found using a four wire colored wire roll for trailers useful and ran it through my frame to desired locations on the JK. After all wires were to where the Source would be located, it took less than an HOUR, even with my girlfriend doing it. Haha. All in all, the sPOD and Source distribution system was a great buy and I’m amazed by the factory flush look it gave with the overhead switches. Another cool option I got was a device that shuts off the sPOD system if the battery runs down to 11 volts. As we all know this can be valuable at the camp site after a couple of beers and having forgot to turn off your Hella lights setting up the tent.

The sPOD system cost me $432 shipped including the battery cutoff device. Oh yeah and 10% off for JKOWNERS members was an added perk.

Special thanks to my girlfriend for the great pics and install!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Rock God

Garage

damn man that is a bad ass rig, nice writeup

2008 BLACK Unlimited Sahara
Poly Performance 3"on 35" Xterrains and 15" Soft 8s, Front Pro Rock 44, FLW Front Prerunner, FLW Rear Bumper, FLW Rock Sliders, River Raider Gen2 Snorkel, Superior 5.13s,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

post #3 of 12 Old 08-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Jsr
Granite Guru

sPod's ROCK!

2008 Black Rubicon 2DR.
post #4 of 12 Old 08-19-2009, 06:13 AM
Rock God

Send a message via AIM to NxtGenCowboy

Awesome write up.. Looks great!!

The box said "Requires Windows 95, NT, or better", so I installed Linux
post #5 of 12 Old 08-26-2009, 07:40 AM
Granite Guru

nice, where can i get one?
post #6 of 12 Old 08-26-2009, 07:42 AM
Openly Hostile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopa70 View Post
nice, where can i get one?
http://www.4x4s-pod.com/

Jason
post #7 of 12 Old 08-26-2009, 07:50 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
Thanks. I just found it in the vendors list. Look forward to doing this soon.
post #8 of 12 Old 08-26-2009, 09:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008Rubicon View Post
The sPOD system cost me $432 shipped including the battery cutoff device. Oh yeah and 10% off for JKOWNERS members was an added perk.

Special thanks to my girlfriend for the great pics and install!!

Great install writeup. Friend of mine has it in his JK, looks clean. Nice looking rig.
post #9 of 12 Old 08-26-2009, 10:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Great write up!

I've been speaking with John for about a month now and put my order in the other night. It's on the way already! Looking forward to this one for sure and your write up is timely.
post #10 of 12 Old 08-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Openly Hostile

I got the low voltage cutoff in the mail from John yesterday. Going to install it tonight.

Jason
post #11 of 12 Old 08-26-2009, 11:10 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
I got the low voltage cutoff in the mail from John yesterday. Going to install it tonight.
I just saw that on the site. I got the ARB adapter harness for my setup. Damn does that make things simple or what?
post #12 of 12 Old 08-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Wheeler

Nice rig, awesome tires, where did you get those?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode