abs light plus esp bas light with little swerving vehicle - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 Old 08-17-2009, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

abs light plus esp bas light with little swerving vehicle

driving home straight road no wind and "bing" all three lights come on..doesnt handle different, anyone know what causes this, and what the fix is???

18 BRAVO
panama
kuwait
somalia
bosnia
cuba
now just kicking it as a civilian
I served so your lazy ass didnt have to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 Old 08-17-2009, 06:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECHAD View Post
driving home straight road no wind and "bing" all three lights come on..doesnt handle different, anyone know what causes this, and what the fix is???
Have you been off road and possible bent or "re-adjusted" something. Is your steering wheel straight when you are cruising down the road?

Thank you for your service.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

Last edited by bodyguy; 08-18-2009 at 03:58 AM.
post #3 of 56 Old 08-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Rock God

WARRANTY?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 56 Old 08-18-2009, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

talked to dealer yesterday, he basically said if you dont like the ESP then leave it because that is all that is off, BUT, you also wont have ABS. it is a wheel sensor that is out, its going in this morning to get fixed, even under warranty. a dealer that doesnt mind the lifted rigs.

18 BRAVO
panama
kuwait
somalia
bosnia
cuba
post #5 of 56 Old 08-19-2009, 07:11 AM
Wheeler

Please post what the dealer does to fix the problem. My jeep has the same issues but the dealer is blaming it on my Currie anti-rock. I've checked the one wheel speed sensor I thought might be the problem but it looked fine.
post #6 of 56 Old 08-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Granite Guru

If it lights up intermittently, then it may be a suspension geometry or alignment issue. If it comes on as soon as you start the vehicle (with a single ding a few seconds later) then you probably broke one of the wheel speed sensor wires or damaged the sensor itself.

I have broken my left front wire, and I have the ABS, ESP, and the swerving vehicle lights on all the time. Other than not having ABS and ESP there is no downside. Actually, I prefer no ABS or ESP, so if I could get those lights turned off without fixing the sensor, I'd be happy.

Bryan.

2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited Rescue Green 6 Speed
Mods Shrockworks Rails & Bumpers, Currie Lift, Tom Woods 1350 driveshafts, 35" Toyo M/Ts on ProComp 7028s
In Progress
To Do
post #7 of 56 Old 08-19-2009, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

dealer replaced wheel sensor on pass front, and all is good again.. next time I will leave it, and just disconnect the lights, because i hate the ESP

18 BRAVO
panama
kuwait
somalia
bosnia
cuba
post #8 of 56 Old 08-19-2009, 10:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Just so you guys know, it is not the ABS light that goes off. It is the BAS light. There is a huge difference between Brake Assist System and Antilock Braking System.

Your ABS is not affected by this.

Dirty's Minions don't officially exist. They are a myth, a bedtime story, a whispered rumor. They are ghosts.

post #9 of 56 Old 08-19-2009, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I have a friend who is the head jeep tech, and acording to him, when the wheel sensor goes bad, it shuts down the ABS and the ESP. You still have standard braking, just no ABS

18 BRAVO
panama
kuwait
somalia
bosnia
cuba
post #10 of 56 Old 08-19-2009, 10:24 PM
JKO Addict!

Just talked to a buddy and you are right. That trips me out (sorry...I came from a Japanese mfg which put things together very differently).

Dirty's Minions don't officially exist. They are a myth, a bedtime story, a whispered rumor. They are ghosts.

post #11 of 56 Old 02-15-2010, 07:44 PM

Did anyone also experience the loss of cruise control during the light show on the panel?

Mr. D.
post #12 of 56 Old 02-15-2010, 08:16 PM
Granite Guru

This can also be caused by worn bushes or ball joints in the drag link, tie rod, knuckles or panhard - I had this problem a lot with an aftermarket panhard with dodgy bushes.
post #13 of 56 Old 02-15-2010, 09:00 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
I have a friend who is the head jeep tech, and acording to him, when the wheel sensor goes bad, it shuts down the ABS and the ESP. You still have standard braking, just no ABS
You do NOT want to ignore the ESP/BAS light. Apparently, the system will drag the rear brakes, albeit very lightly unless the system is fixed. When we had our first batch of 07's and ESP/BAS lights started popping, we ignored them at first, until we discovered they were wearing the rear brakes.

Nena Barlow

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #14 of 56 Old 02-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep School View Post
You do NOT want to ignore the ESP/BAS light. Apparently, the system will drag the rear brakes, albeit very lightly unless the system is fixed. When we had our first batch of 07's and ESP/BAS lights started popping, we ignored them at first, until we discovered they were wearing the rear brakes.
isnt that because it's not ENTIRELY disabled? If you put a kill switch on the esp/bas system then you will have no problems with rear brakes.

www.californiasurveillanceinvestigators.com
post #15 of 56 Old 05-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep School View Post
This all adds up, my rear driver's sensor has a leaky seal, causing this problem whenever it gets wet, when we took it in they said the rear brakes were about ready for ne pads but the front pads looked fine. BUT, I haven't driven it more than 60 miles while the lights were on.
post #16 of 56 Old 05-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Granite Guru

So when you have done:
All 4 wheel sensors
The drag link
the stabilizer shock
New tires
an alignment
the battery reset
the "K" turn reset
AND
the hard right hard left turn reset
What is it now?
And yes cruise is still out.

All who wander are Jeep drivers.
post #17 of 56 Old 05-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Garage

Just in case anyone is interested..

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #18 of 56 Old 05-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
Just in case anyone is interested..

i was just going to point them to my build where i explained exactly this. i ended up doing this because i could not go over 20 MPH due to ESP applying brakes and limiting throttle after my battery died and re-enabled ESP

yeah, i still drive cross country without cruise control

From my build. - How To Disable ESP

•
•
•
•
• Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
•
•
•
•
•

Magazine Feature:

post #19 of 56 Old 05-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Granite Guru

This shist is a real pain in the ass!! I only have 2.5" lift and 33's and my rig is all sorts of messed up with these lights and now I too have lost cruise control!!! Besides taking it in and them fixing the issue. What do I need to do to avoid it from occurring again once I get it fixed? Trackbar? I need a cheap fix.

07 JKU Rescue Green with 3.5" RK Mid-Arm Flex w/ Bilstein 5100s, 5.13's, Eaton E-Locker, 35" MT Baja ATZ, 17" DC Torque wheels, Monstalined tub, Home-made front bumper with Smittybilt XRC-8 winch, Wild Boar rack w/ IPF 968 lights, K&N Intake, Gibson Exhaust.
Future Mods: 2wd-4wd conversion = completed!
post #20 of 56 Old 05-29-2010, 10:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
talked to dealer yesterday, he basically said if you dont like the ESP then leave it because that is all that is off, BUT, you also wont have ABS. it is a wheel sensor that is out, its going in this morning to get fixed, even under warranty. a dealer that doesnt mind the lifted rigs.
Congrats! Good to hear they are fixing it under warranty even though you are lifted.
post #21 of 56 Old 05-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepRcreepR View Post
This shist is a real pain in the ass!! I only have 2.5" lift and 33's and my rig is all sorts of messed up with these lights and now I too have lost cruise control!!! Besides taking it in and them fixing the issue. What do I need to do to avoid it from occurring again once I get it fixed? Trackbar? I need a cheap fix.
Not a track-bar issue. Sounds like maybe you are due for an alignment. Also possible that it is a computer issue. Not sure if the clock-spring would play into this or not.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #22 of 56 Old 05-29-2010, 10:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Not a track-bar issue. Sounds like maybe you are due for an alignment. Also possible that it is a computer issue. Not sure if the clock-spring would play into this or not.
If I had to guess, I would agree with you on the computer or clockspring being the culprit. My clockspring was replaced twice and the esp/bas module reflashed multiple times for a similar sounding issue.

I am curious though, do the JKs with TPMS sensors in the wheels act more sensitive than the models without? I have an 07 and I was just thinking about this because the newer model JKs seem more sensitive from what I have read.
post #23 of 56 Old 05-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Granite Guru

The ESP disable feature won't work on 2007's correct?
post #24 of 56 Old 05-30-2010, 12:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunchytaco View Post
The ESP disable feature won't work on 2007's correct?
I dont know of any way to disable ESP on my 07.
post #25 of 56 Old 05-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittnthebz View Post
I dont know of any way to disable ESP on my 07.
I think it will if you have your computer flashed by the dealer to allow this option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode