Rock Lights... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 07-02-2009, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Rock Lights...

Where are you guys mounting your rock lights at on the 4dr's?...What for lights are you using too?...Thanks and many 's to all!!!

Have a safe and happy 4th!!!!!

2007 JK Unlimited "X"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TF 3" Kit w/4 Arm Flex Kit, TF HD F & R Adj. Track Bars, TF HD Steering Stabilizer, Yukon 5.13 gears, CenterForce II Clutch, Black Rock Soft 8's 16x8, Cooper Discoverer STT 315/75/16, RR XHD Front w/Stinger, SB XRC Rear w/Carrier, KC 130W Slim Lights w/Windshield Mounts, Xenon Flat Fenders, SB XRC8 Winch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 08-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Granite Guru

Everyone uses Night Vision Goggles now.

Ronjk-forum, jk forum,jeep wrangler jk.
post #3 of 28 Old 08-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpirate View Post

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 08-07-2009, 07:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

here is where i mounted mine and they work great i have mover the 2 in the rear because the RE kit mounted where i had them

www.jeepasylum.com
post #5 of 28 Old 08-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Granite Guru

Thanks, I just picked up some small lights at Walmart and wanted to get a few ideas where people were mounting them on JK's

post #6 of 28 Old 08-07-2009, 10:46 PM
JKO Addict!

I'm installing 10 LEDs tomorrow probably as rock lights. Well 10 pods of 9 LEDs. These are pretty serious lights, I plan to have no shadows under my Jeep...

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #7 of 28 Old 08-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Optronics at Walmart- cheap, and they do the trick.
Attached Images

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #8 of 28 Old 08-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Granite Guru

Those are the same Walmart lights I picked up. I didn't think they would put out that much light. I need to get busy and get them mounted then figure out how many relays I need for 6 lights. Thanks for the Pics.
post #9 of 28 Old 08-08-2009, 09:15 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Those are the same Walmart lights I picked up. I didn't think they would put out that much light. I need to get busy and get them mounted then figure out how many relays I need for 6 lights. Thanks for the Pics.
just steer clear of water with them on lol (dont ask me how i know i have two sets broken )

and those particular luight put out alot of heat so make sure you fuse and realy them hell better yet John at sPOD has the soulution for rocklights makes install very easy

www.jeepasylum.com
post #10 of 28 Old 08-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
just steer clear of water with them on lol (dont ask me how i know i have two sets broken )

and those particular luight put out alot of heat so make sure you fuse and realy them hell better yet John at sPOD has the soulution for rocklights makes install very easy
That's good to know, I'll make sure I wire them so they can be unplugged and replaced quick. I also need to check the amp draw and determine if one relay can handle 6 lights.

post #11 of 28 Old 08-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I pulled the rubber caps off of them, soldered the (screw-type) connections, and sealed them with high-temp rtv sealant, so they are completely waterproof now. Yes they get a little warm. I also wired in one 25 amp relay for two lights. Below is a schematic I made prior to installation.
Attached Images

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #12 of 28 Old 08-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Granite Guru

Thanks

post #13 of 28 Old 08-08-2009, 08:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
you laugh, have you read the RROR skid review? https://www.jkowners.com/productreviews/rror/index.php Thats how I was driving while testing them
NVG's, towel over the dash lights, chasing guys in the woods.
Rock lights work better

I am looking for LED's but have not found anything cheap/work well. Sorry but I am not dropping $100 on rock lights
post #14 of 28 Old 08-08-2009, 09:33 PM
JKO Addict!

| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

post #15 of 28 Old 08-09-2009, 09:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice.
post #16 of 28 Old 08-17-2009, 04:59 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
I am looking for LED's but have not found anything cheap/work well. Sorry but I am not dropping $100 on rock lights
I agree...I am somewhat CHEAP!!!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I pulled the rubber caps off of them, soldered the (screw-type) connections, and sealed them with high-temp rtv sealant, so they are completely waterproof now. Yes they get a little warm. I also wired in one 25 amp relay for two lights. Below is a schematic I made prior to installation.
Cool...I was thinking of doing the same with a set of lights I had given to me but I have seen a couple sets at Walmart that are smaller...I may just buy two sets for now and try it...Thanks for posting the wiring diagram too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post

Very nice!!!!...If could find some LED lights cheap then I would probably go that route...I (mainly the WIFE) just can't justify dropping $100 for lights...I will keep searching for a cheap set of LED's and in the meantime I will use a cheap set from Walmart I guess...

2007 JK Unlimited "X"

TF 3" Kit w/4 Arm Flex Kit, TF HD F & R Adj. Track Bars, TF HD Steering Stabilizer, Yukon 5.13 gears, CenterForce II Clutch, Black Rock Soft 8's 16x8, Cooper Discoverer STT 315/75/16, RR XHD Front w/Stinger, SB XRC Rear w/Carrier, KC 130W Slim Lights w/Windshield Mounts, Xenon Flat Fenders, SB XRC8 Winch
post #17 of 28 Old 08-17-2009, 06:55 AM
JKO Addict!

My LEDs were $35, shipped for ten. So you could have 20 of my LEDs plus some change for you're $100 issue lol

post #18 of 28 Old 08-17-2009, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
My LEDs were $35, shipped for ten. So you could have 20 of my LEDs plus some change for you're $100 issue lol
COOL!!!

Where did you get them?...

2007 JK Unlimited "X"

post #19 of 28 Old 08-17-2009, 10:12 AM
JKO Addict!

email seller hyperledsinc and tell him you want the rock lights that goodysgotacuda put on his Jeep. he should know what you're talking about

post #20 of 28 Old 08-17-2009, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
email seller hyperledsinc and tell him you want the rock lights that goodysgotacuda put on his Jeep. he should know what you're talking about
Sweet...Thanks!!!

2007 JK Unlimited "X"

post #21 of 28 Old 08-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Boy am I glad I found this post, because I've been looking into doing this... and have been dreaming about how! Goodysgotacuda, how many lights do you have under there? I'm wondering if those would light up the underside of an unlimited....

'08 Silver JKU - Grace

“We often miss opportunity because it's dressed in overalls and looks like work”
― Thomas A. Edison
post #22 of 28 Old 08-19-2009, 10:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swinge86 View Post
Boy am I glad I found this post, because I've been looking into doing this... and have been dreaming about how! Goodysgotacuda, how many lights do you have under there? I'm wondering if those would light up the underside of an unlimited....
10 lights, 9leds per light, $35. You could do 15 or so and have some spares for interior lights or something for an unlimited

post #23 of 28 Old 08-19-2009, 10:36 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Very nice, thanks for the info.... you put all 10 up under yours?

'08 Silver JKU - Grace

“We often miss opportunity because it's dressed in overalls and looks like work”
― Thomas A. Edison
post #24 of 28 Old 08-19-2009, 10:42 PM
JKO Addict!

yep

post #25 of 28 Old 08-20-2009, 12:52 AM
Rock God

Send a message via AIM to NYJKGUY

I like the way it looks i just might have to do this one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeatenPath View Post
i dont really want to look at filthy girls anyway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode