MyGig RER update - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 06-28-2009, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Comfortably Numb

Garage
MyGig RER update

New updates available for the RER. Version 2.042, 317mb and Gracenotes 1287, 823mb

DOWNLOAD LINKS REMOVED BY ME. READ BELOW

EDIT: I just talked to Harman-Becker after reading some conflicting info on some MyGig sites. I would not download this version and update your MyGig with it. According to HB this is not an official release, it is Beta and may or may not cause a radio reset to occur. This means your screen may go black for a few seconds and then re-appear and play normally. There are still some bugs to work out of this version. If you are running version 1.220 which is the latest official version you might want to just leave it alone and wait until the next version becomes official (2.043) Sorry about the post. I went back to MOFV and reread the thread with the update. That's when I started reading conflicting info and called HB.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015

Last edited by RubiCajun; 06-29-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Granite Guru

I downloaded and installed it, it works great. the system seems much faster overall.
post #3 of 10 Old 06-29-2009, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Comfortably Numb

Garage

yeah, that's what i was hearing over at mofv but there is quite a bit of confusion over this beta update. after talking to HB i decided not to burn a dvd and update. i have 1.220 and it's working just fine. i can wait for the milisecond differences in speed and the other changes. even though it's a beta it was not released by HB because of all the bugs it still has. the next official release will be 2.043. but hey i don't believe it will cause any serious problems and you can always reload.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 06-30-2009, 07:31 AM
Wheeler

The only problems I see so far are that you can't change the default state from MI and the navigation voice is not controlled my the setup volume or main volume. Is anyone else getting this or am I just lucky?
post #5 of 10 Old 06-30-2009, 07:44 AM

Cool

I haven't had any problems with it, going on a week. But if it's a Beta why is HB mailing it out to folks?
post #6 of 10 Old 06-30-2009, 10:24 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I haven't updated mine in a while and my last update was 9.807. I know the software updates are different than the gracenotes, but did they restructure the rev numbers? Why are they at 2.042?
post #7 of 10 Old 06-30-2009, 10:37 AM
Wheeler

It is working now. As far as I can tell everything is as good or better.
post #8 of 10 Old 06-30-2009, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorHead View Post
I haven't updated mine in a while and my last update was 9.807. I know the software updates are different than the gracenotes, but did they restructure the rev numbers? Why are they at 2.042?
don't know why the change in revision numbers. I have 1.220 running now. the next OFFICIAL version from HB per HB will be 2.043. The new Gracenotes is out now, Gracenotes 1287 and available for download from http://mofv.com/MyGIG/

Quote from user on Mofv.com/MyGig about JKForum

"It was posted on the Jeep site, but I didn't realize the moderators removed it (but why in the heck would they?) "

Quote:
post #9 of 10 Old 08-07-2009, 05:23 AM
Rock God

Now you tell me! Mine never installed. At the DO YOU WANT TO UPGRADE screen, the touchscreen didn't respond to YES or NO. I guess I'll keep running 1.220 for now.

Thanks!

Adam
First Jeep:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(heavily modded and wheeled!)
Last Jeep:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sunburst Orange

Ordered 11/14/08
Shipped 11/25/08
Delivered 11/28/08

Mods:
Wrangler MT/R 35x12.5x15 on Soft 8's for the trails.
Duratrac 35" on Dick Cepek's for DD'ers.
5.13s, TF 2.5" Coil Lift, LCAs, & track bar, Mopar bumpers, WARN 9.5ti, diff covers, lots o' skids, EVAP relocated, breathers extended, ALLGIG, backup cam, Soundcoat Absorbtion Panels, and more...
post #10 of 10 Old 08-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Rock God

Not a problem here with 2.042. As a matter of fact I had more issues with the factory released version 9.713. Even the beta ver 9.715 was less trouble then 9.708 and 9.713.

Jeff _(OllllllO)_

08 Black and Khaki JK Sahara Unlimited, Dual Tops, MyGig, Tow pkg, Trax-Lok Rear Diff,
Mods -- 3.5" Rock Krawler front springs, 2.5 TerraFlex BB rear, Mopar D44HD/J8, OX Locker, RCVs, 37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on ProComp 7069, AEV Premium front bumper, Smittybilt X2O 12K Comp winch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode