Join Date: May 2009
Feedback: 0 reviews
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Amplifier, Speakers, Sub Upgrades -- A definitive guide?
1. It seems that the stock Infiniti amp is OK, but it has a crossover that limits the power and/or frequencies sent to the Soundbar.
2. The stock amp sends acceptable power to the stock subwoofer, but not enough to just plug in a better sub and get any real improvement.
3. To replace the stock sub and keep the stock amp/sub enclosure, you need a dual coil, 2 ohm replacement that is less than 4.5 inches deep.
4. The Soundbar speakers can be replaced with any 6.5" speaker that is equal to or less than 2 3/16" deep (unless you want to keep the stock grilles, which may require more specific choices).
5. The "Nitro" amp upgrade is the easiest way to replace the stock amp and get increased power to the Soundbar and the sub.
6. To get any improvement in sound it is NECESSARY to use soundproofing/deadening material in the Soundbar and, preferably, everywhere where there could be vibrations.
If you have specific information on these upgrades, please post so we can all learn from your knowledge!!!
1. What are the dimensions of the stock amp? I would like to purchase an aftermarket amp and put it in the same location.
2. To replace the stock amp, is there any special wiring harness needed to interface with the stock Head Unit? And/or, what are the inputs for the stock amp?
3. What are the outputs from the stock amp? Once it is replaced, can the OEM wires be used to feed new Soundbar speakers and a new sub?
4. If you replace the amp, are you still limited to 2 ohm speakers/subs for maximum output? That is, is this a limitation of the HU or the amp?
It is all up to what you want.