HID HEADLIGHTS? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 06-12-2009, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 292
Feedback: 1 reviews
HID HEADLIGHTS?

So who here has them and what is your exact set up? I like my Delta Quad Bar lights but am not totally satisfied with the quality of them. I tried the search button but didn't find specific information on anybody's HID set ups. Thanks for your help.
atmotocrosser is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 06-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jackson, MS USA
Posts: 1,793
Feedback: 0 reviews

Hella H4 buckets with a quality Bi-xenon HID kit..... can't remember the make
paragon is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old 06-12-2009, 03:17 PM
JKO Addict!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Leon, Texas
Posts: 2,721
Feedback: 7 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607

euro efx bixenon (high and low) and fogs as well, good set up, I wish the pigtails were longer for the feed to the bulbs to be able to get the boxes higher and out of the way even though they use weatherpack connectors. stock housings light is great, the fog lights alone put off more light than the high beams. I have the cebie set up laying on my study floor, I got tired of farting with the make your own relay kit stern sent and ordered this, figured when the bulbs go out ill get the hid bulbs for the cebies and the lights will probably be way better.
rob4607 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 13 Old 06-13-2009, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 292
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
Hella H4 buckets with a quality Bi-xenon HID kit..... can't remember the make
Where did you get the Hella H4 buckets from?
atmotocrosser is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 06-13-2009, 07:38 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 292
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob4607 View Post
euro efx bixenon (high and low) and fogs as well, good set up, I wish the pigtails were longer for the feed to the bulbs to be able to get the boxes higher and out of the way even though they use weatherpack connectors. stock housings light is great, the fog lights alone put off more light than the high beams. I have the cebie set up laying on my study floor, I got tired of farting with the make your own relay kit stern sent and ordered this, figured when the bulbs go out ill get the hid bulbs for the cebies and the lights will probably be way better.
Thanks for the quick reply
atmotocrosser is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 06-13-2009, 07:57 AM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jackson, MS USA
Posts: 1,793
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmotocrosser View Post
Where did you get the Hella H4 buckets from?
just do a search for Hella E-code 7" H4 headlamps or the like.

I don't remember where I ended up ordering them from
paragon is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 06-13-2009, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 292
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
just do a search for Hella E-code 7" H4 headlamps or the like.

I don't remember where I ended up ordering them from
Did they directly bolt in, or did you have to make any modifications?
atmotocrosser is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 06-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jackson, MS USA
Posts: 1,793
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmotocrosser View Post
Did they directly bolt in, or did you have to make any modifications?
no mods to make the lamp housings fit

just about any 7" lamp housing will work in the JK. The notable exception being those bi-xenon lamps you can get for motorcycles XeR7s or something like that. The bodies on those are too deep (beause the starter/ballast are integrated into the rear of the lamp and make the whole thing deeper) and you will have to move the impact sensor for the airbags to make them fit depth-wise.
paragon is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 06-13-2009, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 292
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
no mods to make the lamp housings fit

just about any 7" lamp housing will work in the JK. The notable exception being those bi-xenon lamps you can get for motorcycles XeR7s or something like that. The bodies on those are too deep (beause the starter/ballast are integrated into the rear of the lamp and make the whole thing deeper) and you will have to move the impact sensor for the airbags to make them fit depth-wise.
Have you had any issues with moisture building up inside the hella lamp housings?
atmotocrosser is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 06-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jackson, MS USA
Posts: 1,793
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmotocrosser View Post
Have you had any issues with moisture building up inside the hella lamp housings?
no. I was concerned because they are vented but since they supposedly work so well with patterning HID, I went ahead and got them. Been a year and I've never even noticed moisture and extremely happy.

I'm sure condensation can occur but I've not noticed any.
paragon is offline  
post #11 of 13 Old 06-14-2009, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 292
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
no. I was concerned because they are vented but since they supposedly work so well with patterning HID, I went ahead and got them. Been a year and I've never even noticed moisture and extremely happy.

I'm sure condensation can occur but I've not noticed any.
Did you ever try the HID bulbs in the stock housings?
atmotocrosser is offline  
post #12 of 13 Old 06-15-2009, 06:01 AM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jackson, MS USA
Posts: 1,793
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmotocrosser View Post
Did you ever try the HID bulbs in the stock housings?
No, the stockers weren't designed for HID and will scatter the light too much. Not only are they inefficient for HID they will bother oncoming drivers
paragon is offline  
post #13 of 13 Old 06-16-2009, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 292
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragon View Post
No, the stockers weren't designed for HID and will scatter the light too much. Not only are they inefficient for HID they will bother oncoming drivers
Thanks for the advice. I can't wait to try them.
atmotocrosser is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome