stock alarm mod if you have hood pin - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-31-2009, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to rob4607
stock alarm mod if you have hood pin

this is easy if you have the hood pin switch already and the factory alarm, after buying the jeep and learning that the alarm doesn't trip when the hood is opened I thought it was stupid since it is sooo easy to open. here goes.

on the factory pin switch solder a blue wire to the purple with light blue stripe, run the wire into the cab either cutting a tiny hole in the clutch cable or rear washer hose gromet in the firewall.

next remove the driver door (makes it much easier) remove the end cap off the dash, there you will see a bundle of wires, cut the black tape and you will find two purple wires, do not use the purple with black stripe, should be purple with no stripe.

here is the trick part. I installed a diode to keep the doorlock system separate from the hood eventhough I was tying them together. so add the diode, stripe on the diode goes TOWARDS the hood pin. this way only a signal will come from the pin switch and nothing will go back to it. solder and use a good 3m 33 tape, I extended the wires for ease of use and to be able to use heatshrink.

the reason that I said to use blue wire is it is usually te universal alarm sensor input wire and since I did car alarms for years it make it easy for adding on and fture trouble shooting. and the reason that I said to use diodes is to make it easier to add on more sensors to that trigger wire. just keep adding diodes so that they can't trip each other due to some unkown reason. the only thing that you may have to do for future sensors is use a relay to reverse the polarity to the correct trigger. as soon as I get my hands on a dei shock sensor, proximity sensor, and two mini piezo sirens to mount one in the dash and the other hidden in the rear seatbelt retractor cover I will do a better write up with pics and beter details but im on my treo now cause my computer is defragmenting and god knows what else.

if this seems messed up because im on the mobile site let me know. and if someone needs more info feel free to pm me. for the guys with no alarm I understand forking out the money but for us that have the one from the factory you can add all the sensors to make it just as good as any of them with out another fob. the two peizo sirens will really keep people out of the inside of the jeep. I plan on hooking a dei dual shock sensor with the warn away set to the horn for a honk and then for when the alarm goes off use the stock horn, a engine compartment mounted siren and then the two inside the jeep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-01-2009, 06:38 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice, i was wondering about doin this (used to do 12v stuff) but never got around to trying it out, now i know it works ill give it a go

'92 YJ
'13 WK2
post #3 of 3 Old 06-01-2009, 07:56 AM
Rock God

Garage

good stuff! Keep it coming. I need to do the hood pin & motion sensor here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode