07 Soft top leaking - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-21-2009, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

07 Soft top leaking

Ok, so I have an 07 and am having problems with leaking at the A pillars on both sides. I've taken it in to the dealership 3 times already and now they are saying that I have to wait a week (in florida thunderstorm season) for a "new and improved" headliner seal to come in. Anyone else have this problem and gotten it fixed?? If so, any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Rock God

Garage

Do a search around the forum and you'll see that a lot of the JKs have leaked somewhere at some time. The "new" seal will probably be a late '08 or '09 seal design. There's a million different variables as to where the water could be coming from. My hardtop was leaking too, I eventually fixed it myself by sitting inside with a flashlight while someone else poured water all over the seals with a hose. Ended up fixing it with a 1" strip of duct tape on the rubber where the seal wasn't perfect. Since then the duct tape fell off and it's still leak free. Weird, I know.

My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99Ę a can. That's almost $7.00 in dog money.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Granite Guru

HEre is a link to a bunch of TSBs. Many of them have to do with the top leaking and wind noise around the header.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk/jeep-j...alls/body-tsb/

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode