FREAKING DEER - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 Old 06-25-2013, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

FREAKING DEER

Got-damn, deer, man.
I almost lost some of my closest friends tonight because a deer jumped in front of their car on a windy back-road in North Carolina. They were doing the speed limit but the car is a small, low to the ground sedan. Luckily Joco saw the damn thing and reacted appropriately, the deer just hit the front-passenger side and didn't end up in their laps. I'm so glad.
Fucking deer, I can't even deal right now. Can I not lose any more friends to car accidents before I graduate? That'd be nice.
Thank God, they're all okay.

Seriously, fuck deer!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 07-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Oh man, glad that they are ok. I've come close but haven't hit one yet.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 39 Old 07-02-2013, 01:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Glad they are all okay. Deer can be a bitch. My grandmother got a 12 point in 1980's with her Buick. Pissed off hunters that year, it was the biggest in the county.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 Old 07-02-2013, 02:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadetBaller View Post
Got-damn, deer, man.
I almost lost some of my closest friends tonight because a deer jumped in front of their car on a windy back-road in North Carolina. They were doing the speed limit but the car is a small, low to the ground sedan. Luckily Joco saw the damn thing and reacted appropriately, the deer just hit the front-passenger side and didn't end up in their laps. I'm so glad.
Fucking deer, I can't even deal right now. Can I not lose any more friends to car accidents before I graduate? That'd be nice.
Thank God, they're all okay.

Seriously, fuck deer!
Your friends' faults. Driving through the deer's backyard in a sedan. That's two strikes.

Two kids dead in my area, the asshole driver decided to race up past his brother's car on a two-lane road in the shoulder, he lost control and hit a tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #5 of 39 Old 07-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
Your friends' faults. Driving through the deer's backyard in a sedan. That's two strikes.

Two kids dead in my area, the asshole driver decided to race up past his brother's car on a two-lane road in the shoulder, he lost control and hit a tree.
You lost me, what does this have anything to do with the OP's story?

How in the hell is it the cars fault that hit the deer on a public road?

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #6 of 39 Old 07-02-2013, 05:05 PM
JKO Addict!

Never hit a deer, that's gotta suck. Ran over a rabbit at high speed on a crutch rocket once and don't really know how I did't fall off. It's weird how reactions sometimes kick in without conscious thought.

Alec Wallis, Owner |
| 303-918-6167

|
| 888-521-0170
post #7 of 39 Old 07-02-2013, 05:11 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:

Seriously don't be a fucking dick how is it their fault? Their driving down a road that someone else paved a long time ago it's not like they woke up that morning saw deer walk through the woods and decided to pave a road right there. OP sorry about your friends luck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #8 of 39 Old 07-02-2013, 06:21 PM
JKO Addict!

I like deer. They are delicious wrapped in bacon, cooked over a campfire.

“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”― Ronald Reagan
post #9 of 39 Old 07-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Granite Guru

I'm confused. Are deer allowed to own property in North Carolina?
post #10 of 39 Old 07-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Cod
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via MSN to Cod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadetBaller View Post
Seriously, fuck deer!
I'll pass... they only want to fuck once a year and everybody's trying to hit it then too...
post #11 of 39 Old 07-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Rock God

Garage

Sucks about your friends, glad they are ok.

I know all to well about living in the mountains with deer that own property. Living in Oregon my parents hit or nearly missed 6 deer in 6 months. Twice with me in the car, once my mom swerved(bad idea) and took out a bunch of mailboxes and a few other near misses.

It's just one of those things in life you have no control over but need to be aware of at all times driving through the trees.

'09 JKUR. Metal Cloak overlines, TF 3" LA, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Home built winch bumper, custom built sliders, RK Drag Link and HD Pro Tie rod, Adams front shaft, TF Big Brakes, Speed Bumps, Warn M8000
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
post #12 of 39 Old 07-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
I'll pass... they only want to fuck once a year and everybody's trying to hit it then too...
Yeah, they tend to kick pretty hard too. It just kinda ruins the mood.
post #13 of 39 Old 07-03-2013, 09:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
You lost me, what does this have anything to do with the OP's story?

How in the hell is it the cars fault that hit the deer on a public road?
Connection was that recent graduates seem to die in car wrecks regularly; that is to say there are always two or three stories each year. Good that these kids didn't make the cover of the paper.

I'd rather be in your F750 and hit a deer than that sedan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #14 of 39 Old 07-21-2013, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Connection was that recent graduates seem to die in car wrecks regularly; that is to say there are always two or three stories each year. Good that these kids didn't make the cover of the paper.

I'd rather be in your F750 and hit a deer than that sedan.
At that school, AT LEAST 2 students are killed in car accidents every year, without fail.

I've hit a deer before, but in my jk with a stinger on the front -- still was not a pleasant experience.
post #15 of 39 Old 07-22-2013, 10:01 AM
JKO Addict!

I'm pretty sure if the deer was capable of it, he/she would have chosen to not be hit by your friend's car. I don't think he or she woke up and said to him or herself "I'm going to run out in front of a car today."

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

post #16 of 39 Old 07-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Rock God

Glad they are ok and at least it wasn't a Moose.
My parents moved out to the farm country here on Long Island, NY. Deer are so overpopulated that its not a question of if you will hit one but when. They hit their first within a year of living there. They hit its hind quarter as it ran in front of them and spun it around. Took out the grill, headlight, fender, driver's door and rear quarter of the extended cab. Was only a little fuker too, was with its mother.

They don't drive at dusk anymore and most people out there drive under the speed limit around dusk.

2008 JKUR- 3 Inch Synergy Stage III Lift, PR44, 1310 Shafts, RROR Skids, 37" MTR's, Warn 9.5Ti, Bumpers, Sliders, OBA, Lights... bla bla bla
post #17 of 39 Old 07-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

I've come close to hitting a deer, but I did hit an armadillo once.
Attached Images

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
post #18 of 39 Old 07-25-2013, 07:00 PM
Rock God

Knew a guy back in Idaho that had an elk jump off of a hillside and pretty much across his lap while riding his motorcycle on a mountain road. Incidentally, two cars back was a state trooper who saw the whole thing. The elk made out better than the rider or the bike and trotted off after they were done tumbling over each other.

2007 Rubi Unlimited. Teraflex 2.5 lift + Fox shocks, Nitto Trail Grappler 35s on XD Addicts, 5.38s, Ten Factory rear shafts, Riddler diff covers, Purejeep front axle truss and Teraflex gussets, Tatton front driveline, Rugged Ridge Modular front bumper with XRC8 Comp winch, Superchips programmer, Volant intake, MBRP exhaust, Hella H4 headlight conversion, Body Armor "not so Extreme" Rock Rails, in-cab winch control,Best Top Trek Top.-Sold
post #19 of 39 Old 07-26-2013, 09:01 AM
JKO Addict!

I ran over a porcupine on a motorcycle once. I didn't crash, but I went straight home and parked the bike for the day.

Between the pulled anus from the 80mph speed bump and the fear of a punctured tire, I was done.

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

post #20 of 39 Old 08-04-2013, 06:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Deer easier to kill with a car then a gun
post #21 of 39 Old 08-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Granite Guru

I clipped a deer on the back roads of NC heading back to SC. Scared the heck out of me. I slammed on breaks and my tire caught the back end of him. Not fun at all.
post #22 of 39 Old 08-28-2013, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
I ran over a porcupine on a motorcycle once. I didn't crash, but I went straight home and parked the bike for the day.

Between the pulled anus from the 80mph speed bump and the fear of a punctured tire, I was done.
Glad you made it through that! I ran over a porcupine in Silverton, CO on my way to run Black Bear Pass. Got to the bottom and still had quills all over the driver side tires!
post #23 of 39 Old 08-29-2013, 03:02 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

My career field lost a great SSgt 2 nights ago to a deer. From what I've read, the deer hit him on his motorcycle. Another one gone too young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #24 of 39 Old 08-29-2013, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
My career field lost a great SSgt 2 nights ago to a deer. From what I've read, the deer hit him on his motorcycle. Another one gone too young.
Shit, I'm sorry to hear that, man. Thoughts and Prayers to his family and friends!
post #25 of 39 Old 08-29-2013, 11:18 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post

Yep, pretty much what I did when I ran the rabbit over on a bike. What actually scared me more was the few times I've hydroplaned on a bike, that's just plain uncomfortable for a couple of seconds.

Alec Wallis, Owner |
| 303-918-6167

|
| 888-521-0170
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode