SpiderWebShade, are you out there? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 05-13-2013, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

SpiderWebShade, are you out there?

Alright, SpiderWebShade. I submitted a request through your website over two weeks ago to ask for size specs on your full JKU shades. No response. Are you guys checking your website messaging system?

I have a two door JK with a fastback cage and was wondering if a JKU shade would fit on my cage for a unique look. If you guys are interested in selling a shade, please respond to my message ... otherwise, I'll look at other options.

JKO ... has anyone had similar experiences with SpiderWebShade?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 05-13-2013, 06:50 AM
JKO Addict!

I have had nothing but great experiences with SpiderWebShade, so I can't say that I have.

Try giving them a phone call, and I bet you'll get right through...

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
post #3 of 20 Old 05-13-2013, 06:52 AM
Rock God

Chris is a solid guy and super helpful. Not going to make excuses for him but 2 weeks ago was jeep beach. They were there in full force. Some times things get lost in the hustle bustle of life. If you only asked once then its kind of on you for not following up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 05-13-2013, 06:53 AM
JKowners Vendor

We have been a SPIDERWEBSHADE dealer for years now. They have always had great response time...

I have not seen a top that these would not work with. Especially the Kini's or the SW1's. If there is anything we can do, please let us know!

http://www.krawloff-road.com/category_s/1949.htm

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #5 of 20 Old 05-13-2013, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar the grouch View Post
If you only asked once then its kind of on you for not following up.
I don't doubt I could have tried harder to get in touch with them, but I do disagree that since I didn't email, call, and post to their Facebook page all at the same time that somehow them not getting back to me is "on me". When you want to get in touch with someone, do you always contact them twice (or more) before you ever hear back or get in touch with them? That seems ridiculous.

post #6 of 20 Old 05-13-2013, 09:03 PM
V8 dreams

I'd try more than once before I posted in the DL, just me though. Just call em man

Vandy

2010 Silver JKU
post #7 of 20 Old 05-13-2013, 09:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Here's an idea pick up the fucking phone and call them.

The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.-Thomas Paine

See Garage for Mods
post #8 of 20 Old 05-13-2013, 10:34 PM
ADDICTION II build begins....

Have to agree with everyone who has posted....the guys at SpiderWebShade not only were at Jeep Beach but went directly on to Monster Mile 2013 event and I think are still there.

With that, I also run the SpiderWebShade on my JKU and love it!

Lots of vendors here are SpiderWebShade dealers to include Krawl Off-Road, Rebel Off-Road, Northridge4x4.com, etc so there are plenty of business options to pursue a SpiderWebShade outside of the their facebook page....just my .02.

U.S. Army
post #9 of 20 Old 05-13-2013, 10:42 PM
Rock God

Garage

I know the interwebs is great an all because you don't have to interact with actual people. For me that is a huge bonus when the people = Chris Williams from Pakistan but I love talking and dealing with Americans over the phone instead of the internet.

'09 JKUR. Metal Cloak overlines, TF 3" LA, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Home built winch bumper, custom built sliders, RK Drag Link and HD Pro Tie rod, Adams front shaft, TF Big Brakes, Speed Bumps, Warn M8000
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
post #10 of 20 Old 05-13-2013, 10:57 PM
Slow and Low

Hey bud, they are a stand-up company, and have great customer service. But you have to remember that they travel to many events.
Most shops either use a cell phone, or forward the shop phone to the cell when they're on the road. (I called American Rock Rods yesterday and got Chris on his way to Moab).
As we all know, it's much easier to talk on the phone than text/email when we're hauling trailers down the road.
Be cool brother. Give them a call.
post #11 of 20 Old 05-13-2013, 11:11 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co4Lo View Post
Hey bud, they are a stand-up company, and have great customer service. But you have to remember that they travel to many events.
Most shops either use a cell phone, or forward the shop phone to the cell when they're on the road. (I called American Rock Rods yesterday and got Chris on his way to Moab).
As we all know, it's much easier to talk on the phone than text/email when we're hauling trailers down the road.
Or this which is much less smart ass ish than my comment.

'09 JKUR. Metal Cloak overlines, TF 3" LA, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Home built winch bumper, custom built sliders, RK Drag Link and HD Pro Tie rod, Adams front shaft, TF Big Brakes, Speed Bumps, Warn M8000
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
post #12 of 20 Old 05-14-2013, 03:33 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrogMech46 View Post
Here's an idea pick up the fucking phone and call them.
This!
post #13 of 20 Old 05-14-2013, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

SpiderWebShade, are you out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co4Lo View Post
I will give them a call. And to be clear, I'm not going hard at SPW. Maybe my post isn't well suited for DL. I'm definitely not pissed... Just wondering why they didn't get back to me, and seeing if others had the same experience.

post #14 of 20 Old 05-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Granite Guru

This is a all to common problem with a Dirty Laundry section..... some companies get noticed and not in a good way. Alot of the threads I've read in this venue are complete BS. Yes some folks have a legitimate gripe while some have too much time on their hands and start threads that create negative attention usually by just someone browsing the forum and seeing a companies name and that it was in the dirty laundry section. The ones who cry out no one is contating me usually spend more time on their posting then it would have taken to pick up the god damn phone and make a f'ing call to said company!

Some people shouldnt be allowed on the web.

Chris and the entire crew at Spiderweb Shade are good people!
post #15 of 20 Old 05-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Granite Guru

To the OP.... not sure I'm following you here. You post sounds more like a "hey... just trying to get in touch w you guys" yet you posted it in dirty laundry. Not sure that was the coolest move. Sometimes it takes a while to get in touch with some companies. Not sure how "big" a company they are, so maybe theyre stretched a lil thin but maybe you could put a little more effort in before dragging their name in DL... give em a call or two. Not bashing ya, just a suggestion. Good luck.
post #16 of 20 Old 05-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Rock God

Fuck all the proactive BS these guys are talking about- BASH SPIDERSHADE!!! Just air it all out! Put it out there that you sent a single email via there website, for info thats readily available via search or amPM to most members answer, and you wanna know: Where the fuck is your reply???

Then look for other options...the way I see it you have two: Wheeling with the top on or Melanoma.

Spidershade rocks BTW- and I am pretty sure it is hater-resistant as well.

Soon to be a vendor!!!
Looking for a good Rat Rod JK donor vehicle.

Last edited by DeucesALLin; 05-21-2013 at 11:24 PM.
post #17 of 20 Old 05-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by illyb View Post
I don't doubt I could have tried harder to get in touch with them, but I do disagree that since I didn't email, call, and post to their Facebook page all at the same time that somehow them not getting back to me is "on me". When you want to get in touch with someone, do you always contact them twice (or more) before you ever hear back or get in touch with them? That seems ridiculous.
+1

Some companies need to "learn to computer".
post #18 of 20 Old 05-21-2013, 07:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeucesALLin View Post
Spidershade rocks BTW- and I am pretty sure it is hater-resistant as well.
lol. Gotta figure out if it's time for a new sigline.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #19 of 20 Old 05-22-2013, 06:58 AM
zjr
JKO Addict!

Garage

Hit them up on FB... or you can PM your # and I will have Chris call you.

01111001011011110111010100100000011011000110111101 11001101110100001000000111010001101000011001010010 000001100111011000010110110101100101

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl View Post
James just came a little early......
Quote:
Originally Posted by njjk08 View Post
...May 2011 bless everyone with pervert wheeling days...
post #20 of 20 Old 05-22-2013, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjr View Post
Hit them up on FB... or you can PM your # and I will have Chris call you.
I talked with Chris on the phone last week. Shot him another email with some more details of the questions I'm looking to have answered, and hope to hear from him soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode