is this typical with Quadratec for Canadians? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 05-10-2013, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

is this typical with Quadratec for Canadians?

I'm not bashing Quadratec yet... I live in Canada and i have purchased products from them before but this time i had to pay shipping and handling ($59.00) plus i had to pay another $31.67 when it got delivered!!! this bull shit. If i had of known that i would have gone to Just Jeeps here and bought it. Would have been cheaper and i wouldnt have to wait the week and a half. I'm calling them on monday to find out what their shipping and handling covers because paying $90.67 for shipping and handling is a little ridiculous in my eyes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
I think I would rather hunt feral cats for food then to grocery shop at a walmart.
2009 Sahara JKU

TO DO LIST

[]4.5 Clayton
[]37" Copper STT/Mud grapplers
[]pro comp 7069 (black)
[]River Raiders Narrow fenders
[]XRC front bumper
[]XRC Rear Bumper
[]VKS Fab - Bolt-on 4 Door Sliders
[]tramp stamp (river raiders/jeep swag)
[]20" LED bar
[] dirtdog 4x4 3 piece net
[]MBRP off road exhaust
[]Mygig RER 730N

only on a 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 05-10-2013, 08:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Were you unaware of the shipping costs when you bought it. Everything I have ever bought on the interweb has always had a checkout that told me what my final cost would be, which would include shipping.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 Old 05-10-2013, 08:38 PM
V8 dreams

this may totally not be applicable since you are north of us, BUT if you will pm a qtec rep or call and mention JKO they will waive shipping. may not for canada though, no idea

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2010 Silver JKU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 05-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Granite Guru

Ups always overcharge, always call quadratec on the phone first, purolator and usps will serve you better.

If you want better alternative, just shoot me a pm.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Winter is coming.
post #5 of 21 Old 05-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Granite Guru

It's not quadratec, it's ups. They charge brokerage fees to get stuff across the border. Try and get your stuff shipped via us post.

2011 JKU Rubi
2.5" RK Max Travel
35/12.5/17 Pro Comp MT
35/12.5 /17 Duratracs
Poison Spyder Evap Skid
Paramount front and rear bumpers
VKS Rocksliders
Fox 2.0 shocks
Recon 10,000lb Winch
Vision X Rock lights
Cobra 75
post #6 of 21 Old 05-11-2013, 12:42 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubichronic View Post
It's not quadratec, it's ups. They charge brokerage fees to get stuff across the border. Try and get your stuff shipped via us post.
This ^

Any of the courier companies will gouge you with brokerage fees and you typically won't know what its going to be until it arrives.
post #7 of 21 Old 05-11-2013, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

when i paid the the 59.00 in shipping does that not cover the whole sending it to my door? I picked the basic shipping because i didnt care if it took 2 weeks. so lets say the broker fee is the 31.67 why does Quadratec take 59.00 for? When i placed my order (wednesday) it was over the phone and i never got a confirmation so i called Friday and they send they would send out a confirmation and nothing came. So i thought my cost where what the guy told me over the phone...

$79.99 for Rugged Ridge Hitch with wiring
$59.00 for "Shipping"???
_______
$138.99 total

Then when i received it i had to pay an additional $31.67 for why would quadratec take my 59.00 bucks if it didnt include this cost?

I tried to call them friday but they were closed so i will call them monday.

Quote:
I think I would rather hunt feral cats for food then to grocery shop at a walmart.
2009 Sahara JKU

TO DO LIST

[]4.5 Clayton
[]pro comp 7069 (black)
[]XRC front bumper
[]XRC Rear Bumper
[]20" LED bar
[]MBRP off road exhaust
[]Mygig RER 730N

only on a 
post #8 of 21 Old 05-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Granite Guru

It's ups. I had a company ship me some stuff through FedEx when I specifically asked and payed extra for them to ship USPS and they still shipped FedE so when it came to my door the guy said I owed them $350 or something insane like that. I told him to send it back then and made the company reship it.
post #9 of 21 Old 05-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Rock God

Maybe the extra was import tax ?

POG MO THOIN
post #10 of 21 Old 05-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Granite Guru

With ups I think they just make up a number and that's what brokerage costs. I don't believe they have a formula or a rate based on value of goods being brokered.

2011 JKU Rubi
2.5" RK Max Travel
35/12.5/17 Pro Comp MT
35/12.5 /17 Duratracs
Poison Spyder Evap Skid
VKS Rocksliders
Fox 2.0 shocks
Recon 10,000lb Winch
Vision X Rock lights
Cobra 75
post #11 of 21 Old 05-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Granite Guru

Ups got standard brokeage fee, they are outrageous. Usps, purolator and DHL are the best option.

Quadratec are not at fault on this one, in reality it Maybee cost 5 box for the actual brokeage part and the rest is administrative fee....

I just bought for almost 500 $ of stereo part for a friend, shipped from the USA up in the north of Canada with DHL... 35 $ was the brokeage fee.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Winter is coming.
post #12 of 21 Old 05-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKDailey4 View Post
Maybe the extra was import tax ?
Nope it's the fee to charge me the import tax. The actual tax cost was a very small fraction of what they wanted me to pay.
post #13 of 21 Old 05-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Granite Guru

My $1300 lift kit cost $350 brokerage. Two swaybar links and some plastic washers, worth $20, cost $30 brokerage.

2011 JKU Rubi
2.5" RK Max Travel
35/12.5/17 Pro Comp MT
35/12.5 /17 Duratracs
Poison Spyder Evap Skid
VKS Rocksliders
Fox 2.0 shocks
Recon 10,000lb Winch
Vision X Rock lights
Cobra 75
post #14 of 21 Old 05-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Banned

Sounds like u guys should move south eh?

post #15 of 21 Old 05-11-2013, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
Sounds like u guys should move south eh?
naaa I just have to start using Northridge more which i now will start doing

Quote:
2009 Sahara JKU

TO DO LIST

[]4.5 Clayton
[]pro comp 7069 (black)
[]XRC front bumper
[]XRC Rear Bumper
[]20" LED bar
[]MBRP off road exhaust
[]Mygig RER 730N

only on a 
post #16 of 21 Old 05-12-2013, 06:13 AM
Rock God

i never order stuff in the states and have it shipped to Canada for that reason...( brokerage fees are outrageous )...i am close to the border so i use a U.S. shipping address and just go over and pick my stuff up.....90% of the time they don't bother me at customs and let me through without paying any duties. Always check your local Kijiji first....in your case that hitch is easily found for cheap.

post #17 of 21 Old 05-12-2013, 04:09 PM
CalmerThanYouAre

I was going to suggest Northridge as they ship for free without pronouncing allegiance to a forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudzilla View Post
naaa I just have to start using Northridge more which i now will start doing

I support the military, fiscal responsibility, Hemp, legalization of Marijuana over 21, smaller government and the Bill of Rights.

NSA: The only part of the government that actually listens.
post #18 of 21 Old 05-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Granite Guru

I order quite often from the State if done properly there is no concern,like i said purolator usps and dhl will be better option.

Several seller on the forum will gladly accommodate you with these shipping option as well.

Winter is coming.
post #19 of 21 Old 05-24-2013, 03:21 PM
JKowners Vendor

Garage

Hello Mudzilla,

The $31.67 fee is Canada's duties & taxes. I refunded $15.99, which would have been the amount reduced for shipping if the order was placed through the forum.
For customers in Canada within short driving distance of the US, I recommend having the items shipped to a friend, family or freight forwarder in the US and picking the items up from that location and transporting them back.

Please PM me for any future orders for freight reductions of free shipping codes within the states.

We Price Match -
us for a quote!

post #20 of 21 Old 05-25-2013, 09:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudzilla View Post
when i paid the the 59.00 in shipping does that not cover the whole sending it to my door? I picked the basic shipping because i didnt care if it took 2 weeks. so lets say the broker fee is the 31.67 why does Quadratec take 59.00 for? When i placed my order (wednesday) it was over the phone and i never got a confirmation so i called Friday and they send they would send out a confirmation and nothing came. So i thought my cost where what the guy told me over the phone...

$79.99 for Rugged Ridge Hitch with wiring
$59.00 for "Shipping"???
_______
$138.99 total

Then when i received it i had to pay an additional $31.67 for why would quadratec take my 59.00 bucks if it didnt include this cost?

I tried to call them friday but they were closed so i will call them monday.
From my personal experience shipping internationally isn't always easy or cheap and impossible to pre-bill GST/VAT (goods and service taxes/value added taxes) for. Where you ended up on the short end of the stick were with the weight and DIM's (dimensions) of the package. With it being a hitch, the package may not have been huge, but it had some weight to it which coupled with crossing an international border will pretty much double any shipping charges. The reason you had to pay an additional $31.67 in GST/VAT upon delivery was due to how the shipment was set up for taxes/duties to be paid by the consignee. They're not going to set it up so the taxes bill back I them and then try and collect from you after the fact as they'd likely never get paid.

It's unfortunate things weren't a little clearer up front, but it doesn't sound like they intentionally gave you the shaft.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
post #21 of 21 Old 06-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Wheeler

Yes, in a way it is Quadratec, they know UPS charges stupid broker fees to Canadians, and they continue to use them.

'12JK-U Rubi /Dynatrac ProRock 44 / 4:88's / 2.5 Old Man Emu Susp Lift /F&R JKS Trac Bars /OME Long Travel Shocks /BilstienSS /TereFlex Control Arms /Coast1310 /Eng Oil, Evap, Rear Diff Plates, LoD Rock Sliders /Duratracs - 35's /BlackRock Wheels /Zenon Wheel Flares /DetachFlaps /LoD Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier /K&N/Engo10,000S Winch/FloorLiners /Uniden 510

Last edited by JeepBobWinnipeg; 06-07-2013 at 10:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode