Quadratec Sell's Used As New - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 04-14-2013, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quadratec Sell's Used As New

Have not ever done anything with them but after what I saw here thought ok I will give them a chance. Ordered several things one of which was the billet cover for the gas filler opening.

Opened one of the boxes and the thing had been returned---no protective film and it had a few small scratches that I can polish out but jezzzz. Did not want to go through the hassle of shipping it back but When You Ship Not New Product and sell it as new then you have a problem...

Will not use them again...

With Quadratec it is absolutely: CAVEAT EMPTOR!!

2013 Rubicon
2014 Denali 6.2L
NRA Life Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 04-14-2013, 09:10 AM
Banned

What kind of shell shoe wearing, gator belt losing schmuck complains about this shit?

Last edited by Dancin Dan; 06-17-2013 at 07:46 PM.
post #3 of 33 Old 04-15-2013, 07:07 AM
JKO Addict!

I can't remember the last time I ordred from QT. Their shipping costs turned me off long ago.

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 Old 04-15-2013, 07:10 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
I can't remember the last time I ordred from QT. Their shipping costs turned me off long ago.
If you go through google shopping then to Qtec you can get free shipping sometimes. I ordered a rigid light cover and got free shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #5 of 33 Old 04-15-2013, 03:51 PM
Wheeler

I have only ordered from them a few times but everything seems to be on back order with them. I guess they are waiting for someone else to return something before they send it to me!
post #6 of 33 Old 04-15-2013, 04:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Thats what you get for buying billet Bling

Risk the Roll.
tm
post #7 of 33 Old 04-17-2013, 05:58 AM
JKowners Vendor

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa Dave View Post
Have not ever done anything with them but after what I saw here thought ok I will give them a chance. Ordered several things one of which was the billet cover for the gas filler opening.

Opened one of the boxes and the thing had been returned---no protective film and it had a few small scratches that I can polish out but jezzzz. Did not want to go through the hassle of shipping it back but When You Ship Not New Product and sell it as new then you have a problem...

Will not use them again...

With Quadratec it is absolutely: CAVEAT EMPTOR!!
Hello Busa Dave,

Please PM me your info and I will take care of getting you a new one.

Quote:
Quadratec is waiving FedEx Ground Shipping to the 48 contiguous states. Just PM me for a coupon code to use here.

We Price Match -
us for a quote!

post #8 of 33 Old 04-17-2013, 06:02 AM
JKO Addict!

Quadratec is a great vendor and I'm happy to use them. I go to their tent sale every year and it's a good time. They have more blemished, returned, or LNIB inventory than some of our vendors have in new stuff.

If you call in your order, you can usually get shipping waived just by asking for it.

Qtec will take good care of you as you can see. It's a simple mistake, they'll make it right ASAP and probably hook you up on top of that for your inconvenience.

You're silly for buying bling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #9 of 33 Old 04-17-2013, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

The only bling I put on---do not like that cavity filling up with fines from the ranch in NM. Not sand much finer than that. All of the other 18k in mods have been performance oriented except the audio system that was painfully done so to look completely stock from the outside.. Am pretty much done now unless I use a programmer (BD is not for me) when they come out or put the ported intake on. The Jeep was a cheaper alternative to the Raptor (wearing it out fast plus 12mpg on the road to the ranch with 93 octane) which will get a rest now. Sitting in the driveway with the car cover on it because it is too tall to fit in the garage. First Jeep after 22 4WD’s including my brides of 29 years that I have owned since I was 18.. Will not be my last one either—thing is a money pit but a lot of fun..

Will say that the message from Quadratrac is very good. Will buy from them in the future.

2013 Rubicon
2014 Denali 6.2L
NRA Life Member
post #10 of 33 Old 04-17-2013, 08:14 AM
JKO Addict!

I have no idea what Busa is saying..................

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

post #11 of 33 Old 04-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa Dave View Post
The only bling I put on---do not like that cavity filling up with fines from the ranch in NM. Not sand much finer than that. All of the other 18k in mods have been performance oriented except the audio system that was painfully done so to look completely stock from the outside.. Am pretty much done now unless I use a programmer (BD is not for me) when they come out or put the ported intake on. The Jeep was a cheaper alternative to the Raptor (wearing it out fast plus 12mpg on the road to the ranch with 93 octane) which will get a rest now. Sitting in the driveway with the car cover on it because it is too tall to fit in the garage. First Jeep after 22 4WD’s including my brides of 29 years that I have owned since I was 18.. Will not be my last one either—thing is a money pit but a lot of fun..

Will say that the message from Quadratrac is very good. Will buy from them in the future.
Quote:
I have no idea what Busa is saying..................
I think I can translate, here is what I gathered:
1. The gas cover he bought is the only bling part he has. He bought it because he lives in an area with sand that is very fine and he doesn't want the recessed area where the gas cap is to fill with sand.
2. He has around $18K in modifications done to his Jeep, most of them are performance oriented with the exception of his upgraded stereo. He did make an effort to maintain the stock appearance of the upgraded stereo.
3. He is pretty much done upgrading his Jeep, but is still considering a programmer and an upgraded intake manifold (I think). He doesn't want the one manufactured by Bully Dog.
4. He also considered getting the Ford Raptor, but settled for the Jeep because of the cost. One of the considerations was the fact that the Raptor requires premium fuel while only getting 12MPG on his long drive to the ranch.Maybe he owns the raptor - not sure
5. Either the Raptor or the Jeep is too tall fit in his garage and is kept outside under a car cover
6. This is the first Jeep he has purchased. His first 4wd vehicle was purchased 29 years ago when he married his wife. He has owned this vehicle since he was 18 years old. Since then he has owned a total of 22 4wd vehicles.
7. He is now a part of the Jeeple and will buy another Jeep in the future, even though they can be a major money pit.
8. He is happy with the message he received from Quadratech and will purchase from them again in the future.

I think that is what he was trying to say... lol
post #12 of 33 Old 04-17-2013, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltz View Post
I think I can translate, here is what I gathered:
1. The gas cover he bought is the only bling part he has. He bought it because he lives in an area with sand that is very fine and he doesn't want the recessed area where the gas cap is to fill with sand.
2. He has around $18K in modifications done to his Jeep, most of them are performance oriented with the exception of his upgraded stereo. He did make an effort to maintain the stock appearance of the upgraded stereo.
3. He is pretty much done upgrading his Jeep, but is still considering a programmer and an upgraded intake manifold (I think). He doesn't want the one manufactured by Bully Dog.
4. He also considered getting the Ford Raptor, but settled for the Jeep because of the cost. One of the considerations was the fact that the Raptor requires premium fuel while only getting 12MPG on his long drive to the ranch.Maybe he owns the raptor - not sure
5. Either the Raptor or the Jeep is too tall fit in his garage and is kept outside under a car cover
6. This is the first Jeep he has purchased. His first 4wd vehicle was purchased 29 years ago when he married his wife. He has owned this vehicle since he was 18 years old. Since then he has owned a total of 22 4wd vehicles.
7. He is now a part of the Jeeple and will buy another Jeep in the future, even though they can be a major money pit.
8. He is happy with the message he received from Quadratech and will purchase from them again in the future.

I think that is what he was trying to say... lol

You did very well Grasshopper!! The first 4wd was bought when I was 18. A Chevy LUV diesel for Gods sake!!! Got great MPG but was rather slow lol... I do own the Raptor and it is too tall for the garage.

Got a call from Quadratech and they are replacing the part with another---EVEN AGREED TO SEND ME A DIFFERENT ONE (black) and refund the difference! Got a note that expressed regret that the part was sent to me in the condition it was.

Am a customer of Quadratech now Long Term.. The way they handled this was outstanding!!

2013 Rubicon
2014 Denali 6.2L
NRA Life Member
post #13 of 33 Old 04-17-2013, 06:38 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Camero

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #14 of 33 Old 04-17-2013, 06:55 PM
Rock God

I think "Mikey likes it"

POG MO THOIN
post #15 of 33 Old 04-18-2013, 05:51 AM
JKO Addict!

Is this still Dirty Laundry? Or has it been cleaned?

Build thread:

post #16 of 33 Old 04-18-2013, 06:00 AM
JKO Addict!

It was never Dirty Laundry, the guy jumped the gun like most people instead of giving Quadratec a call to make them aware of the error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #17 of 33 Old 04-18-2013, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
It was never Dirty Laundry, the guy jumped the gun like most people instead of giving Quadratec a call to make them aware of the error.

Unfortunately you are one of the people who may accept mediocrity I do not—my time is valuable yours may not be. A Real Human Had To Put This In The Box—maybe several handled it Good God Man—not like it came from China or something lol... Point is it should have never shipped period end of discussion.

The issue is closed per my post above and I will use Quadratec in the future..

2013 Rubicon
2014 Denali 6.2L
NRA Life Member
post #18 of 33 Old 04-28-2013, 04:26 AM
Granite Guru

I never had a problem with q-tec. They helped me with my superior axle issue and I will continue to use them.

'99 TJ - DPG Ultimate Lift,Ome,JKS,Rokmen arms,35's
Alloy rear axles,detroit locker,Tatton,G2 front axles,Lockrite
'12 Arctic Edition Unlimited- stock for now
'99 XJ 3.5 RE lift and 32s
post #19 of 33 Old 04-28-2013, 06:27 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99sport4.0 View Post
I never had a problem with q-tec. They helped me with my superior axle issue and I will continue to use them.
You should dirty laundry your axle issues....

"Eat Liquid Gold"
post #20 of 33 Old 04-30-2013, 03:59 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NascarRubicon View Post
You should dirty laundry your axle issues....
Nah. I'll let that die. Still pissed about superior axle not in business to take care of warranty issues though.

'99 TJ - DPG Ultimate Lift,Ome,JKS,Rokmen arms,35's
Alloy rear axles,detroit locker,Tatton,G2 front axles,Lockrite
'12 Arctic Edition Unlimited- stock for now
'99 XJ 3.5 RE lift and 32s
post #21 of 33 Old 05-16-2014, 01:00 PM
Rock God

can't say we've had an issue with a quad part

Free Shipping on web site orders over $50
Use Promo code JEEP10 for 10% off web site orders

Open 9-6 M-F 10-1 Saturday 706-534-9955
post #22 of 33 Old 05-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oconeeoffroad View Post
You bumped a year old thread to say that?
post #23 of 33 Old 05-16-2014, 02:14 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oconeeoffroad View Post
so why does a shop that sells stuff order stuff from QTec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #24 of 33 Old 05-16-2014, 02:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
What kind of shell shoe wearing, gator belt losing schmuck complains about this shit?

Rofl

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #25 of 33 Old 05-16-2014, 02:25 PM
Rock God

Garage

Ah, an oldie but goodie.

Whatever happened to that self-absorbed, polished turd of a Texan, Busa Dave? Seems like after he baited Dan into getting banned, Dave had no reason to go on living. Did Dave go and hang himself by a gator belt off one of his oil rigs?

I'm a JKO Reject
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode