I need to vent!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 05-06-2009, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I need to vent!!!

I ordered a suspension kit 2 weeks ago and it arrived at My place last Tuesday. I opened all of the boxes to check everything before I started and discovered the box labeled "front track bar bracket" actually had a rear track bar bracket in it. WTF!
I called them right away but they were already closed.

I called them the next day (Wed.) and they said they would send Me a front track bar bracket that day. They also told Me that they were going to e-mail Me a return label for the other bracket that day too.

I never got the e-mail so I called them the next day (Thur.).
They said they were short handed and really busy yesterday and it never got sent out.
WTF? How many people does it take to pull a box off the shelf and slap a shipping label on it and get it out the door?
He said He would get it sent out that day.

I waited the usual 5 days it can take for things to get here. I saw the UPS truck drive up the street today and thought "Finally, its here!!". NOPE. Brought something for My neighbor and drove away.

So I call them again today, 7 days from the first time I called them. I told them who I was and asked about My track bar bracket. After being on hold for almost 5 minutes He gets back on the phone to tell Me that they never shipped it!!
Are You fawkin kidding Me!!!
Supposedly its being sent out second day air and I should have it by Friday.

Dont get Me wrong, I can understand that if things are out of stock I have to wait. But having to wait over a week for something thats "in stock" before it even ships is ridiculous.
If they wouldn't have fawked up in the first place and put the wrong part in the box I wouldn't have to deal with this.
This is exactly why I'm more than happy to pay more for a product that I can get locally instead of ordering it.

Thanks, I feel a little better now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-06-2009, 10:09 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Glad we could help.
post #3 of 19 Old 05-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Rock God

It's too bad that some companies feel the need to lie to make a sale or calm down an upset customer. The information is what it is. If something is backordered or still sitting there waiting to ship then just relay the info. You'll have a happy customer that is not left wondering if they got screwed or if the product is actually in the mail. Being honest is not hard.

JKOWNERS Member Discount Available at:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Click the link to automatically apply the current offer!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 05-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

That is why I stick with certain vendors.

I always say, mistakes happen. It will happen to you, it is just the way it is. So many hands touch a product that mistakes are likely to happen somewhere along the line.

What truly seperates vendors is how they handel those mistakes. I can understand a wrong part in a box, eh...it happens. I am sure that if they appologized, next dayed the proper part and threw in some small freebie as a symbol then this thread would never exist.

When I choose a vendor it is partially based on thier prices, the rest of my decision is based on how comfortable I am that they will handle a issue that should arrise.
post #5 of 19 Old 05-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Alec W

This sounds like it could be an honest compounded mistake to me. Iíve had the wrong parts shipped before, itís slightly annoying but it happens, so I donít usually sweat it.

Youíre not out any money, the company sounds like they are making it right and you could lift and drive your jeep without the bracket for a few days if you are that much of a hurry.
post #6 of 19 Old 05-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Banned

x2 on the honest mistake on the part mixup, however how they handled it was wrong imo

I would be pretty irritated if I had to wait almost 2 weeks for a part, all the time being told it was going out or already in the mail..I am pretty impatient when it comes to new toys though, lol
post #7 of 19 Old 05-06-2009, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Ive heard nothing but great things about this place. Thats why I went with them.

I agree, **** happens.
If they would have shipped Me the new bracket the next day like they said they were it wouldnt be a big deal.
Or even if they said that they were out of stock and the new bracket wouldnt ship for a week. At least then I know whats going on and Im not waiting for a package that hasnt even been sent yet.

No vendor is perfect, theres bound to be screw up's everyonce in a while.
Oops, wrong part in the box, didnt ship Wed., didnt ship Thurs.
Thats three screw ups with one order! Guess Im just lucky!
post #8 of 19 Old 05-06-2009, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec W View Post

Youíre not out any money, the company sounds like they are making it right and you could lift and drive your jeep without the bracket for a few days if you are that much of a hurry.
Yeah, finally making it right on the third try!

No, I cant drive My Jeep without the bracket. I had this week off so I could get by without My only mode of transportation for a day or two. I was told it shipped and I should have had it by Tuesday. So I made the stupid mistake of believeing them and reamed My knuckle to install the high clearance drag link. Im not going to drive it down the road with the track bar in the stock location.
Yup, that part is My fault, I admit it. And like I said before, it wouldnt have been a big deal if they would have shipped it the first, or even second time they said they were.

What if I hadnt called today?
I'd still be sitting here next week wondering where My trackbar bracket is.
post #9 of 19 Old 05-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Rock God

Anger management class ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post

No, I cant drive My Jeep without the bracket. I had this week off so I could get by without My only mode of transportation for a day or two. I was told it shipped and I should have had it by Tuesday. So I made the stupid mistake of believeing them and reamed My knuckle to install the high clearance drag link. Im not going to drive it down the road with the track bar in the stock location.
Yup, that part is My fault, I admit it. And like I said before, it wouldnt have been a big deal if they would have shipped it the first, or even second time they said they were.

What if I hadnt called today?
I'd still be sitting here next week wondering where My trackbar bracket is.
JIMBO

Man, you gotta have style

"YELLOW JEEP No. 683"
post #10 of 19 Old 05-06-2009, 12:30 PM
Alec W

Quote:
No, I cant drive My Jeep without the bracket.
I did for a few days because I split my lift over two weekends. I had some bump steer but the tracking wasn't that bad.

Quote:
I had this week off so I could get by without My only mode of transportation for a day or two.
Sorry, but that's poor planning. Wait until you have everything in hand then plan the time off.

BTW, I really donít care and Iím not the one venting and ranting on forums about an incorrectly shipped part and a mistake following up on it.
post #11 of 19 Old 05-06-2009, 12:34 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to thaduke2003

Question- who is this that you're having such issues?
Also, what kit is it that's running a FRONT track bar bracket?
In my talks with several kit manufacturers, every one of them made a point to mention that you should NOT run just a bracket, but an entirely new bar, or not at all. Apparently the factory brackets are fairly un-sturdy, and adding another bracket just compounds the issue.
Just what I've heard- Mark W.

Back in a '94 YJ! Well, after I sink $$$$ into it...
post #12 of 19 Old 05-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM Offroad View Post
It's too bad that some companies feel the need to lie to make a sale or calm down an upset customer. The information is what it is. If something is backordered or still sitting there waiting to ship then just relay the info. You'll have a happy customer that is not left wondering if they got screwed or if the product is actually in the mail. Being honest is not hard.
This is one of those sounds easy in theory but not in practice things - right?

"Being honest is not hard" - Bingo we have a winner!!!

Ron - 2010 Wrangler JK Sport 4dr - Dark Charcoal
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" Jimmy Buffet

post #13 of 19 Old 05-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaduke2003 View Post
In my talks with several kit manufacturers, every one of them made a point to mention that you should NOT run just a bracket, but an entirely new bar, or not at all. Apparently the factory brackets are fairly un-sturdy, and adding another bracket just compounds the issue.
He has a draglink flip kit so a front axel end trackbar bracket is required to raise the mounting point for proper geometry.

Most of which use the factory mount to locate and the u bolts around the axel to add strength or are just weld on
post #14 of 19 Old 05-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Openly Hostile

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaduke2003 View Post
Many companies use axle side brackets for the track bar including Currie and Poly Performance. Both of their designs address steering and improved strength over the stock bracket alone.

Jason
post #15 of 19 Old 05-06-2009, 12:50 PM

I appreciate that you were nice enough to omit our name on your complaint, but I would like to make a public apology to you for our mess up.

Yes, we are a bit short handed and there was confusion between our sales and shipping departments, but your issue should have been handled better. If you check your e-mail there is 2nd Day Air tracking number for the part and it is on our shipping dock.

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions or concerns
post #16 of 19 Old 05-06-2009, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Yeah, I'm not a fan of dragging a vendor through the mud in an open forum.
Mistakes happen and as long as they get taken care of theres no need to openly bash them.

If things take a month to get resolved or the vendor makes no effort to help than thats another story.

I was just pissed off and made the post. Thanks for Your help Garret.
But I haven't got an e-mail from You. I remember having to correct the e-mail address You Guys had when I called You last week. Maybe You're still using the wrong one.
I hope You got the right address to ship it to!!

I'll give You a call and straighten this e-mail stuff up.
post #17 of 19 Old 05-06-2009, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec W View Post
Sorry, but that's poor planning. Wait until you have everything in hand then plan the time off.

I didn't take this week off to install a lift that I didn't have all the parts for. It just happened that I have this week off.
I had everything installed by last Thursday, except the new drag link and missing bracket. That way I could drive it without any bump steer issues.

Since I was told it was being shipped I went ahead and reamed the knuckle Monday morning expecting a delivery that day or the next.
I already said that was a mistake on My part. But thanks for reminding Me.
post #18 of 19 Old 05-06-2009, 02:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDM Offroad View Post

I can vouch for both James and Poly on this front.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #19 of 19 Old 05-08-2009, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I wanted to update this thread.

The brown truck dropped off the bracket and I got it installed today!
The Jeep rides and handles great! I cant wait to get it off road!

I had to modify the brackets a little because of the ORE knuckle gussets. Not a big deal, nothing a little work with the grinder and welder couldn't fix.

Thanks for putting up with My whining.
I was pissed and needed to vent a little. I meant no harm to Poly, which is why I left their name out of it, and would order from them again because their products are top notch!
Thanks for getting the bracket to Me Garrett. I'll get the other one headed Your way.

Thanks Guys,
Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode