Shady Vendors... Any Recourse? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 Old 05-05-2009, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Shady Vendors... Any Recourse?

SITUATION:
I ordered 3 parts from a company on the 5th of November, 2008. I was told delivery would be the end of February, 2009. By the first week of March, no parts. I call and ask when said parts will be delivered, and I was told I would have them towards the end of March. End of March comes and goes with no parts. I send email inquiring about said parts, and am informed I should have them within the first 2 weeks of April. Middle of April, I have received 2 out of 3 parts. Call and ask AGAIN about 3rd part, and am told by the end of April. I send an email today, and am told 3-4 weeks...

I REALLY like this company's products. However, I would never recommend them to anyone without pointing out their numerous "issues". Now I knew there was a long wait time on the products when I ordered them. That was fine because I was in Iraq at the time. Now that I've been back for 2 months, this repetitive pushing back of the delivery date is starting to piss this Marine off!<--No worse enemy

Anybody know how to light a fire under there ass without actually having to light a fire under their ass?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 Old 05-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Rock God

I like to say the Better Buisness Breau, they should look into it for you. And hey thanks for keeping America free!!!!

Kevin M.
2008 JK Sahara Unlimited, 3.8L, 3.5" Rubicon Express lift with (5) 35/70R17s' BFG KM2s' on Pro Comp Xtreme Alloys 7069 Series, Red Rock, Crystal Pearl, Galaxy CB Radio, Hella FF lights, Smittybilt XRC front and rear bumpers, Xenon Flat Fenders, 12K Mile Marker winch, front and rear Rugged Ridge diff guards, Mopar slush mats, and Vision X led rock lights, IPF 920H4 JK Headlights, Superchips flashpac, River Raider rock sliders, front/rear Coast 1310 driveshafts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 62 Old 05-06-2009, 05:30 AM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to thaduke2003

What company? And BBB won't be able to do much, but a call from an attorney (even just a BS feeler) usually lights a big fire under any booty Hoo ah! Mark W.

Back in a '94 YJ! Well, after I sink $$$$ into it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 62 Old 05-06-2009, 06:35 AM
Granite Guru

if they are a forum vender here, light them up and let them sort out the fallout. Sounds like some bad customer service to me...
post #5 of 62 Old 05-06-2009, 06:51 AM
Alec W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
if they are a forum vender here, light them up and let them sort out the fallout. Sounds like some bad customer service to me...
Or at least give them a chance to tell their side of the story.
post #6 of 62 Old 05-06-2009, 02:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sounds like a company local to me...assuming bumpers and associated parts????

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #7 of 62 Old 05-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post
That's what I'm thinking... start with an s and end with an s

If it is, they are bad about getting products out in a timely manner and estimating when they will go out, but the quality of the product is second to none....

Jeff M.
2007 Rubicon Unlimited 4", 37's, 5.13's, and stuff
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, jeep jk unlimited, jk rubicon,
post #8 of 62 Old 05-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Well, if it's the company I'm thinking it is, my rear bumper/tire-carrier was ordered back in early Sept. '08. I, too, continue to get the run-around. Seems the same parts are always on order . . . or they need a bigger warehouse/work shop . . . or the powder-coating place is back-logged. It's always something. I'm up to a solid 8 months of waiting.

I send emails about once a week now. Not really helping though.
post #9 of 62 Old 05-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmarion View Post
That's what I'm thinking... start with an s and end with an s

If it is, they are bad about getting products out in a timely manner and estimating when they will go out, but the quality of the product is second to none....
Yeah, gotta agree about the quality. Plus, I've already got the front bumper, and it's Anthracite Metallic --> where am I going to find something else to match that?

Kinda stuck over a barrel.

Last edited by 4x4LOYR; 05-06-2009 at 08:42 PM.
post #10 of 62 Old 05-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Rock God

Send a message via MSN to bfj aka tambil

Dispute the charge.

edit.. I never let things go past the date I have to dispute. AMEX is very consumer friendly.

Proud to be an American
Shamed of our government

Native Floridian = MUD
post #11 of 62 Old 05-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfj aka tambil View Post
Dispute the charge.

edit.. I never let things go past the date I have to dispute. AMEX is very consumer friendly.
WAY to customer friendly... As a business I have to say FAWK AMEX.

įlllllį

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #12 of 62 Old 05-06-2009, 04:56 PM
Rock God

If they are located near any members I would ask a member to show up on thier doorstep.
That has worked for me.
post #13 of 62 Old 05-06-2009, 05:26 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
What is the over/under on it being "that" company? I'd say even odds....

What company is it?

The folks at our parent forum are crazy good at getting things handled...
post #14 of 62 Old 05-06-2009, 05:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4LOYR View Post
Well, if it's the company I'm thinking it is, my rear bumper/tire-carrier was ordered back in early Sept. '08. I, too, continue to get the run-around. Seems the same parts are always on order . . . or they need a bigger warehouse/work shop . . . or the powder-coating place is back-logged. It's always something. I'm up to a solid 8 months of waiting.

You getting the Shrock sausage too? I am amazed....
post #15 of 62 Old 05-06-2009, 06:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW View Post
SITUATION:
I ordered 3 parts from a company on the 5th of November, 2008. I was told delivery would be the end of February, 2009. By the first week of March, no parts. I call and ask when said parts will be delivered, and I was told I would have them towards the end of March. End of March comes and goes with no parts. I send email inquiring about said parts, and am informed I should have them within the first 2 weeks of April. Middle of April, I have received 2 out of 3 parts. Call and ask AGAIN about 3rd part, and am told by the end of April. I send an email today, and am told 3-4 weeks...

I REALLY like this company's products. However, I would never recommend them to anyone without pointing out their numerous "issues". Now I knew there was a long wait time on the products when I ordered them. That was fine because I was in Iraq at the time. Now that I've been back for 2 months, this repetitive pushing back of the delivery date is starting to piss this Marine off!<--No worse enemy

Anybody know how to light a fire under there ass without actually having to light a fire under their ass?
Don't be shy about giving up the name of this outfit thats jerkin' you around.Maybe somebody on here can help ya

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
post #16 of 62 Old 05-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Rock God

Give the company name so we don't get screwed and make a purchase with them!!
If the BBB does not work. Contact the Consumer Fraud Division of your State Attorney General Office's they will double the pressure with a lawsuit.

"All wranglers are jeeps, not all jeeps are wranglers"

"Holding out for the Pentastar in 2012"

Last edited by Born2run; 06-15-2009 at 04:53 PM.
post #17 of 62 Old 05-06-2009, 06:43 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

If it's who I think it is, I can swing by and talk to Nick. Probably won't help much, but I'll do it if you want me to.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #18 of 62 Old 05-06-2009, 06:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
If it's who I think it is, I can swing by and talk to Nick. Probably won't help much, but I'll do it if you want me to.
(Assuming that it is Shrock)
I would be interested in his response, the wait is ridiculous on the bumps/tire carriers, I was told right up front that it would be 10-15 weeks - so I called around and found that Screaming Lizards had an order that was to be filled in 2-3 weeks which was now ~10 weeks ago.... if they are that far behind someone needs to be fired... poor management IMO. On a good note the goodies that I ordered at the same time are supposed to be at powder coat now so I can sit and stare at the jerry can mounts and rubi rack while I wait on the bumper to get finished.

I wonder if they do the Nissan and Toyo folks the same way.... that is their real bread and butter... where they built their name. They didnt start making JK stuff until Jim (the owner) bought a JK.

I can say that their stuff is tougher than woodpecker lips! Just takes a while to get...
post #19 of 62 Old 05-06-2009, 09:13 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

"tougher then woodpecker lips",but are they any better then other venders bumpers etc? Other venders that deliver the goods faster and still have the quality? If there is,myself,I would cancel out the order with them and buy elsewhere.There isn't any kind of legitimate excuse for being jerked around this long.imho.Oh yeah,ChrisW,thanx for your service.

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
post #20 of 62 Old 05-06-2009, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

A few of you have struck the proverbial nail on the head! I didn't want to name call because I really do like their products and yes, they are tough as hell. I just hate the inaccurate delivery dates. If it's gonna be when hell freezes over, tell me that from jump. Not "a couple more weeks," every 2 weeks. Just like 4x4LOYR, I too have their other associated products in a very distinct powdercoat color. By the way, it looks amazing on Steel Blue...

Name:  JK-01.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  107.3 KB

Sorry about the dark/dirty pic, I'm on nights this week. If you're in the Jacksonville, NC area hit me up. I'm heading out to Topsail on Saturday.

post #21 of 62 Old 05-07-2009, 05:02 AM
Rock God

Yep if you really wanna light a fire, give us and Pirate a name. I've seen a couple of companies really come through especially once Pirate starts in on them. There are some plain scary weirdos over there.
BTW, I would have ripped off my Rock Hard and had their rear bumper on my JK long ago if I didn't see the wait stretching into the next decade. At least they're better than Smittybilt. If you actually get the stuff from Shrock, it's quality.

BEER Helping me do stupid things to my JK since 2007!
post #22 of 62 Old 05-07-2009, 06:23 AM
Granite Guru

Actually BBB works really well. I did the complaint online after going back and forth for months on wheels for my Harley and them not wanting to give me a refund or answering my emails or calling me back. I filed the complaint and then emailed them letting them know. You wanna see [email protected]#%ers start jumping through hoops. They called me back immediately(the president no less) and gave my refund.

09 Unlimited Silver Rubicon
Riddler Diff covers
Pro Comp 7005 17x9
35" BFG KM2s
AEV ProCal
MBRP black exhaust
Clayton 4.5 lift
Bilstein 5100 shocks
5.38 gears
Woods 1310 driveshafts
post #23 of 62 Old 05-07-2009, 07:07 AM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Red face

Shrock works makes nice ****,but expect 9 months to get their goods. I have have 3 customers insist on ordering from them and I explained how long to expect....I'm in no hurry......Yeah ok......Guess what 2 of them waited impatiently even knowing how long I told them. I was surprised to see them at EJS knowing they are so far behind. If I owned the company I would raise my prices up until I got got up with my back orders, then lower them a bit. Or get a bigger facility with more equipment. Again, don't be afraid to cancel they will give you your money back.

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #24 of 62 Old 05-07-2009, 07:10 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Shrock isn't winning any fans here,they lied to you and keep on lying to you.That ain't cool,and it damn sure isn't good business no matter what they put out.Powder coating can be matched for color you know,pretty much like paint.

post #25 of 62 Old 05-07-2009, 07:18 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4LOYR View Post

Top notch product, but the delays and excuses suck.

Supposedly they moved to a bigger shop right after the hurricane. They blamed the powdercoater for every delay on the rails and both bumpers. Ok, all but one where they scratched the bumper while they packed it for shipping and had to send it back to the powdercoater for a few weeks).

Sounds like they need to fire their powdercoat shop. There must be more than one in Houston.

As for matching the Anthracite Metallic powdercoat, just ask them what brand and color code the powdercoat is so you can get some other parts to match. Then get it coated yourself locally.

Bryan.

2007 JK Rubicon Unlimited Rescue Green 6 Speed
Mods Shrockworks Rails & Bumpers, Currie Lift, Tom Woods 1350 driveshafts, 35" Toyo M/Ts on ProComp 7028s
In Progress
To Do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode