Obama phones?! RUFKM?! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 Old 03-04-2013, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Obama phones?! RUFKM?!

So, Friday night I drove over to my vacation house to start the spring prep. When I pulled into the driveway, I noticed something wasn't right. Went to the front door and discovered it wasn't locked. Upon entering, I discovered someone had been squatting there. Beer cans, pop bottles, and several bags of garbage. All the beds had been slept in, all the electronics had been stolen, and the fuckers cracked the gun safe. After clearing the house, I call 911; sheriffs deputy comes over, takes a report, starts collecting and processing evidence. While we are sitting there shooting the shit, he tells me a story about the local "hood". Low income housing project full of cars that are all within 5 years of leaving the factory. Every able bodied motherf*cker strolling around chatting on their "Obamaphone". I looked at him funny, and he says "what?, havent you heard of ObamaPhones?"
Sure as shit in a toilet, there's a government program that gives free cell phones and 250 minutes a month to "low income" people, so they can maintain emergency contact with their loved ones and help find jobs. F*ck me with a chainsaw! We both agreed, with all the free shit Osama is giving to the welfare crowd, they'll vote by the millions to keep these programs rolling.
Check here to see if you qualify:
http://obamaphone.net/
And lest you think the program isn't being abused:
http://www.newsmax.com/US/obama-phon...2/12/id/490022
As to the beginning of my story, sheriffs have some good leads, prints and DNA.

2010 JK Rubicon- meh 2dr sold
2012 JKU Rubicon- bored sold
2015 JKU Rubicon- 3rd times a charm?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 03-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Wheeler

I hope you catch the looser. Unfortunately, the "system" is easy on the low lifes these days. I have a couple relatives that are too lazy to work, and expect taxpayers to pay for their self inflicted misfortunes.

It's truly a jacked up society, the government has created.
post #3 of 44 Old 03-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

And you are paying for that obamafone. Look on your phone bill and weep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 Old 03-04-2013, 07:34 AM
Rock God

time to get me one!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 44 Old 03-04-2013, 07:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Dirty Laundry?

2) You're just now hearing about this?

c) What kind of "DNA" did they leave?

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 44 Old 03-04-2013, 07:53 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
And you are paying for that obamafone. Look on your phone bill and weep.
I bees needin' my free shiznit. Don't be hatin' playa! You rich mofos just be payin' my billz likes you supposin to!

post #7 of 44 Old 03-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Granite Guru

Sorry to hear about the break in, and hope they get caught.

BUT, you might want to read the site you posted. According to obamaphone.net,
Quote:
The term “Obama Phone” has been tossed around in the media and through social networks for many years now, but in reality there is no such thing as an “Obama phone.”

While it is true that the United States government does provide discounted or free telecommunication services to eligible low income and disadvantaged families, calling it an Obama phone is not true, as Obama had no part in initiating this program.

Cast your mind back to a time when there was no such thing as a cellular phone.

Back in the 1980’s the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), under the Ronald Reagan administration, created the Universal access initiative, which aimed to “promote the availability of quality services at just, reasonable and affordable rates for all consumers.” Through this initiative the Federal Lifeline Assistance program was developed.

The Federal Lifeline Assistance program began offering discounted phone service to needy Americans who were unemployed or living at or below the poverty level. In 1996, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) created the Universal Service Fund, stating that all providers of telecommunications services should contribute a specified fee to the fund to be used to increase nationwide access to advanced telecommunications services” and “advance the availability of such services to all consumers, including those in low income, rural, insular, and high cost areas at rates that are reasonably comparable to those charged in urban areas.” Thus the program shifted from discounted landlines to mobile phones, since they were thought to be more useful."
As many people love to use this opportunity to blame the current president, it's good to trace social programs like this back to their source... which is often Reagan, whose history current Republicans seem to love to rewrite.
post #8 of 44 Old 03-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Rock God

Garage

you do realize that the beloved Ronald Reagan was the one that implemented this program right?

If you would like to know more about it:

Quote:
The term “Obama Phone” has been tossed around in the media and through social networks for many years now, but in reality there is no such thing as an “Obama phone.”

While it is true that the United States government does provide discounted or free telecommunication services to eligible low income and disadvantaged families, calling it an Obama phone is not true, as Obama had no part in initiating this program.

Back in the 1980’s the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), under the Ronald Reagan administration, created the Universal access initiative, which aimed to “promote the availability of quality services at just, reasonable and affordable rates for all consumers.” Through this initiative the Federal Lifeline Assistance program was developed.

The Federal Lifeline Assistance program began offering discounted phone service to needy Americans who were unemployed or living at or below the poverty level. In 1996, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) created the Universal Service Fund, stating that all providers of telecommunications services should contribute a specified fee to the fund to be used to increase nationwide access to advanced telecommunications services” and “advance the availability of such services to all consumers, including those in low income, rural, insular, and high cost areas at rates that are reasonably comparable to those charged in urban areas.” Thus the program shifted from discounted landlines to mobile phones, since they were thought to be more useful.

Lifeline Assistance Program

This program has two parts:

The Link-Up program, which provided free landline connections to those living on tribal lands
The Lifeline program, which provides waivers on telephone or cell phone bills to those on government programs or those living at or below the poverty line
These two programs are collectively called the Lifeline Assistance program.

Telecommunication Companies

These services are provided by government-approved telecommunication companies across the United States. The three major companies are Safelink Wireless, Q Link Wireless, Assurance Wireless, and Reach Out Wireless.

Today, the federal government provides waivers on landline phone bills and cell phone bills (which are more affordable and most widely used) for people with low income or those living on government benefits. The Lifeline Assistance program began during Clinton’s administration and still continuing today under the Obama administration.

With the increasing use of mobile technologies, most people choose to partake in the cell phone programs over landlines. To low income individuals and senior citizens, cell phones can be very important in times of emergency. At present, the federal government provides free cell phone and up to 250 of free minutes to those who are eligible. The FCC plans to provide free Internet service in the future.
So now you know there is no such thing as an “Obama Phone".

... and sorry about your place, theives and squatters suck ass. Hope they nail the bastard. My uncle installed several cameras to monitor his place just to avoid any potential issues.

Joe -
-
-
-

Last edited by enigmaverse; 03-04-2013 at 08:49 AM.
post #9 of 44 Old 03-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Rock God

Garage

It's soooo much easier to just blame Obama though.

'09 JKUR. Metal Cloak overlines, TF 3" LA, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Home built winch bumper, custom built sliders, RK Drag Link and HD Pro Tie rod, Adams front shaft, TF Big Brakes, Speed Bumps, Warn M8000
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
post #10 of 44 Old 03-04-2013, 09:12 AM
JKO Addict!

How many Reagan phones were issued?

How many Obama phones have been issued?

In many cases, it's not who inititated a program as much as it is who broadened programs beyond their original scope.

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

post #11 of 44 Old 03-04-2013, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
How many Reagan phones were issued?

How many Obama phones have been issued?

In many cases, it's not who inititated a program as much as it is who broadened programs beyond their original scope.
I think I might have glossed over it in my original post but the welfare abusers themselves are calling these their "ObamaPhones" they are giving the credit where credit is due!

In Re the DNA question, they were kind enough to leave a couple of hair brushes and some love gloves. Johnny Law bagged all of it

post #12 of 44 Old 03-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Rock God

Garage

Just to clarify I have no issue blaming Obama for these phones. I bet if he could he would take full credit for them anyway.

'09 JKUR. Metal Cloak overlines, TF 3" LA, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, Home built winch bumper, custom built sliders, RK Drag Link and HD Pro Tie rod, Adams front shaft, TF Big Brakes, Speed Bumps, Warn M8000
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
post #13 of 44 Old 03-04-2013, 09:37 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sorry about your break in and squatter situation. Hope the get them.

But yeah about the govt phones, they are really just like the cheapest no-feature tracphone you can buy. Sure it's an added expense but it's not new news. The deputy must have recently gotten a chain email or facebook share about it lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaverse View Post
you do realize that the beloved Ronald Reagan was the one that implemented this program right?
Be fair when talking about our beloved Reagan

Guess Clinton Phone would be more appropriate... or Clinton/Bush/Obama Phone if you want to spread the blame.
Quote:

Today, the federal government provides waivers on landline phone bills and cell phone bills (which are more affordable and most widely used) for people with low income or those living on government benefits. The Lifeline Assistance program began during Clinton’s administration and still continuing today under the Obama administration.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #14 of 44 Old 03-13-2013, 03:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Banana Phone - YouTube

Risk the Roll.
tm
post #15 of 44 Old 03-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Rock God

Quote:

If you would like to know more about it:

So now you know there is no such thing as an “Obama Phone".

... and sorry about your place, theives and squatters suck ass. Hope they nail the bastard. My uncle installed several cameras to monitor his place just to avoid any potential issues.

That's all bullshit.

They have PUBLIC libraries for Internet usage. Hop your butt on PUBLIC transportation and go use it.

Ill give you a free HOME PHONE LINE. You do not need a free cell phone. If you are unemployed you would naturally be at home unless you are at a interview. In which case the answering machine you bought with your government supplied debit card would certainly take a message.
post #16 of 44 Old 03-13-2013, 05:09 PM
'merica

Re: Obama phones?! RUFKM?!

I saw an article eatlier today talking about the free phones and how some people have several of them

Sent from Skynet

U.S. Army

KJ6OIT
post #17 of 44 Old 03-14-2013, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Please just hand out magic jacks or something!

post #18 of 44 Old 03-14-2013, 08:40 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to JCKnauer22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackr6 View Post
That's all bullshit.

They have PUBLIC libraries for Internet usage. Hop your butt on PUBLIC transportation and go use it.

Ill give you a free HOME PHONE LINE. You do not need a free cell phone. If you are unemployed you would naturally be at home unless you are at a interview. In which case the answering machine you bought with your government supplied debit card would certainly take a message.
this^

I met a wild-eyed spinster on the back of a bus
She asked if there was any part of her I'd like to touch
When I told her "Yer nuts!" she got mad at me
And lectured on female anatomy...
post #19 of 44 Old 03-14-2013, 10:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Complete and total (and typical) liberal BS. Sounds like a lie straight off of the Huffington Post, alternet, or John Stewart show.

In 84' Reagan helped break up the "Ma Bell" monopoly. Phone rates were out of control, more expensive than TODAY because Ma Bell would buy up the competition as fast as they could incorporate. Reagan instituted a plan to break up the monopoly and lower phone costs. Poor people did not have phones in this time period, because the cost was HUGE. This all happened at the same time. Some on these boards are too young to remember this and just regurgitate bullshit they hear on the internet.

Clinton changed the Lifeline Assistance program to provide free service for land lines in the Telecommunications Act of 1996. When cell phones became more commonplace and cheap, the program naturally encompassed those too (and internet). The program is now being utilized on a scale never seen before (another runaway subsidy in a welfare society).

in 2011, Republicans tried to stop this abuse of taxpayer funds with the "Stop Taxpayer Funded Cell Phones Act of 2011", but the dems have shelved it and have proclaimed their rejection of it.

Sorry, but I had to edumacate you in the truth since you don't seem willing to find it yourself
post #20 of 44 Old 03-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
6. It’s Not Taxpayer Funded

The Federal Lifeline and Link Up programs are administered under the Universal Service Administrative Company, a non-government entity who ensures “low-income consumers and those who live in rural, insular, high cost areas” are able to have access to telecommunications. Access to cell phones is important in case of emergency.

Money for these programs comes from the Universal Service Fund. Set up in 1997 by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC), the Universal Service Fund charges telecommunications companies (like AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon) a fee each year to ensure the Lifeline and Link Up programs continue. The telecommunications companies then in turn charge their customers a minimal fee (you can see it on your cell phone bill) called the Universal Service Fee. These fees are then collected and used to fund the Lifeline and Link Up programs, which offer Americans discounted and free cell phone and landline service.
Not tax payer money?........ bullshit. They charge the service provider, and in turn, the service provider charges the PAYING customer.
post #21 of 44 Old 03-30-2013, 06:34 AM
Wheeler

I sure miss Bill Clinton--- at least the news was fun to listen to then....I.E.
See who Billy is bopping this week!!! Ever since him; just same old boring bullshit!!
post #22 of 44 Old 03-30-2013, 07:01 AM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to warcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwapache View Post
I think I might have glossed over it in my original post but the welfare abusers themselves are calling these their "ObamaPhones" they are giving the credit where credit is due!

In Re the DNA question, they were kind enough to leave a couple of hair brushes and some love gloves. Johnny Law bagged all of it
I wouldn't get your hopes up on the DNA. Chances are for a break in that stuff is going to sit in the evidence room for a while. They will probally be back when you leave.

Warcop

2012 JKU Sport, Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex, Smittybilt SRC Side Armor, Mesh Grille MOD, Sony Double DIN AV Receiver, Back up Camera, Kicker Speaker Upgrade, ARB Twin Compressor, Dominion Off Road High Lift Mount, Homemade Paracord Grab Handles, Nitto Trail Grapplers, Paramount Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, KC Hilites Daylighters, under seat lock box, Metal Cloak Front Bumper, BARTACT Seat Covers, BARTACT Sun Shade, x20 Comp Winch, sPOD, ARB Air lockers, 4.10 Gears.
post #23 of 44 Old 03-30-2013, 08:06 AM
V8 dreams

I always heard the program was started under Bush, regardless it's being abused NOW. So yeah, blame BOMMAR

Vandy

2010 Silver JKU
post #24 of 44 Old 04-20-2013, 06:21 PM
Wheeler

You must be a Dem, Obama is President now, so he responsible now !
We are in worst " recovery ever" and the only thing he can do is blame someone else. ?
You think the phones are bad, wait until this new free health care kicks in.
We are seeing the end of the middle class, guys. Governments are not capable of managing money, doesn't matter who the elected officials are.
post #25 of 44 Old 05-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPDON View Post
I sure miss Bill Clinton--- at least the news was fun to listen to then....I.E.
See who Billy is bopping this week!!! Ever since him; just same old boring bullshit!!
this^

and people my age didnt have the power to vote. i dont know if its me but people my age seem to get worse every year...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode