Why Clowns Shouldn't Do Business With Poly Performance. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Why Clowns Shouldn't Do Business With Poly Performance.

I would not recommend doing business with Poly Performance. They left parts out my order, ignored my requests for help for 2 weeks, then when they finally did respond they said there was nothing they could do about it. I had to file a claim with PayPal to get a refund on the purchase. Slow to nonexistent support, and miserable to deal with. All over a little $10 part. Save yourself the hassle and go elsewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 11:25 AM
Rock God

This should go well...

Can you give us some more info here? Poly has been around here for a while and is well liked by most. Historically they have had great customer service. Your one and only post is you bitching about them so sorry but people wont put much stock in your opinion without more details.

EDIT: This should be in DL not the vendor showcase

2011 JKU Rubicon
PSC Evap Skid
PSC Diff Covers
Dynomax Rock Crawler exhaust
ACE Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier
Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex W/ Bilstein 5100's
35" Nitto Trail Grappler's

Last edited by G19T; 01-31-2013 at 11:27 AM.
post #3 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 11:28 AM
Rock God

Yea, 1st post, a regular contributor.

2007 Rubi Unlimited. Teraflex 2.5 lift + Fox shocks, Nitto Trail Grappler 35s on XD Addicts, 5.38s, Ten Factory rear shafts, Riddler diff covers, Purejeep front axle truss and Teraflex gussets, Tatton front driveline, Rugged Ridge Modular front bumper with XRC8 Comp winch, Superchips programmer, Volant intake, MBRP exhaust, Hella H4 headlight conversion, Body Armor "not so Extreme" Rock Rails, in-cab winch control,Best Top Trek Top.-Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 AM
Rock God

tough shit. hair grows on balls not your tits.

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Moving to DL as suggested.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #6 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 11:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

hahah! I'm guessing there is a lot more to this story and prob has nothing to do with Poly! This ought to be good. Where is the popcorn bag?

Or this guy is a duesche and Poly said FU! Needs and should happen once in a while.

I don't know where these come from but I love this one:
Attached Images

post #7 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 11:47 AM
Wheeler

Leah from Poly here. So basically this guy ordered 2 fuel jugs, claimed he didnt get caps, called us, we offered to send out missing caps like we always do when someone is missing something legit. Then he wanted 4 caps for his inconvenience, made a big stink about it via paypal, facebook, pirate IM's etc. We told him to send them back and we would credit him for the whole thing. Long story short, the fuel jugs came back to us, WITH THE CAPS ON THEM, paypal refunded his money. We got this email today....

oh and he made a fake facebook page today to write a nasty recommendation.

We were trying to be professional about it, but some people just feel entitled.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Subject: RE: RE: Poly Performance Inc.: Invoice #IN202936 - still need missing caps
To: Mike James <[email protected]>
Cc: Wesley Walden <[email protected]>, Bailey McKean <[email protected]>

Just received full refund from PayPal. Looks like they agreed with me Ė your web page is misleading. Now itís time to begin the social media reviews of my Poly Performance experience. Sorry we had to go this route, but it was your choice.

-Steve

Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 1:48 PM

To: Buyer97005
Cc: Wesley Walden; Bailey McKean
Subject: Re: RE: Poly Performance Inc.: Invoice #IN202936 - still need missing caps

Steve,

As I said before, the only options I can offer you are to accept the 2 caps which are already boxed and ready to ship out, or return the jugs for a full refund for parts only. We have already contacted PayPal for your pending dispute if you choose to do so.

--
Thanks,
Mike James
Direct Line:
1-805-706-0236
www.PolyPerformance.com

SHAKING MY HEAD....

I got what you need....
post #8 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 11:49 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I think i smell BS but only time will tell

Edit: Damn to slow but i was right

How I LEARNED TO STOP GIVING A SHIT AND LOVE MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE

Itís time to reevaluate the way we coddle the future generation. Making mistakes and getting hurt is how you grow. Teaching kids to fear Pop Tarts is how you promote xenophobia. Letís get it together, America.

Last edited by Blackout; 01-31-2013 at 11:51 AM.
post #9 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 11:51 AM
Rock God

i like dl but there should be a rule of ban hammer for a guy who has 1 post and probably doesnt even own a jeep to come on here and post.

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

post #10 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 11:54 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudkitten View Post
Leah from Poly here. So basically this guy ordered 2 fuel jugs, claimed he didnt get caps, called us, we offered to send out missing caps like we always do when someone is missing something legit. Then he wanted 4 caps for his inconvenience, made a big stink about it via paypal, facebook, pirate IM's etc. We told him to send them back and we would credit him for the whole thing. Long story short, the fuel jugs came back to us, WITH THE CAPS ON THEM, paypal refunded his money. We got this email today....
So wait he had the caps all along...?

if so thats even worse than just being a dick

Itís time to reevaluate the way we coddle the future generation. Making mistakes and getting hurt is how you grow. Teaching kids to fear Pop Tarts is how you promote xenophobia. Letís get it together, America.
post #11 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Leah just kicked your ass, OP.

She and the guys at Poly have again shown integrity by coming in to this thread and giving us the details.

You on the other hand will likely never even see her post. I've seen it before... Some dissatisfied customer comes into any and every Jeep forum that will listen, and spouts off about their horrible experience and seemingly traumatizing defeat. I doubt that you have any intention on ever posting on this forum again. To me it's just a butthurt smash and grab version of getting even. That's pretty lame imo.

Come back and argue the issue if you feel the need, but at this point I doubt that you'll gain much sympathy.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #12 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 11:55 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudkitten View Post
Leah from Poly here. So basically this guy ordered 2 fuel jugs, claimed he didnt get caps, called us, we offered to send out missing caps like we always do when someone is missing something legit. Then he wanted 4 caps for his inconvenience, made a big stink about it via paypal, facebook, pirate IM's etc. We told him to send them back and we would credit him for the whole thing. Long story short, the fuel jugs came back to us, WITH THE CAPS ON THEM, paypal refunded his money......
Some people just can't be satisfied. Guess he needed two new fuel caps for his old jugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluke the 2 View Post
i like dl but there shit like this needs to stay out. when a guy has 1 post and it's a complaint......
But if they just zapped it people would cry JK-F censorship. Whaddya do? I say let him reap what he has sewn.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #13 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 11:59 AM
Rock God

Garage

What an asshole, we should all go to his place of work and bash the shit out of him... Poly, as usual stepped up to make things correct and you weren't even missing parts. You sir, should go take what's left of your balls and put them in a vice and squeeze till there's nothing else left.

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #14 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 12:02 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Guess he needed two new fuel caps for his old jugs.
Maybe he was just pissed because he had old jugs!
nobody likes saggy boobies

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

Last edited by TCdawg; 01-31-2013 at 12:06 PM.
post #15 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 12:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCdawg View Post
Maybe he was just pissed because he had old jugs!
Mmmm old jugs!

post #16 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 12:06 PM
Wheeler

Quick pic of the jugs we got back with caps.
Attached Images

I got what you need....
post #17 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 12:09 PM
Granite Guru

Post #13
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/p.../#post14885138

Click the sig for everything you need to build a JEEP... 805-706-0232
NEW PRODUCTS ADDED DAILY !!!

----> Click and download the new catalog!!!

post #18 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 12:13 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

So he's a fucking liar! What has this world come to? This dude needs a real bitch slap.
post #19 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 12:24 PM
JKO Addict!

Post a real first and last name, then we can tell all the off-road companies not to do business with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #20 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 12:30 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Really nice that Poly has to spend their day chasing around this asshole cleaning up his lies ao every forum and social avenue! This is someone that really needs to get his ass kicked the good ole fashion way!
post #21 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 12:31 PM
JKO Addict!

Would not recommend doing business with Poly Performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluke the 2 View Post
tough shit. hair grows on balls not your tits.
Rofl x2

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #22 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 12:57 PM
Granite Guru

another asshole bits the dust............

2012 jku
3" teraflex 8 arm
9550 teraflex shocks
warn 9.5cti
warn elite front bumper w/bull bar
USMC tired
post #23 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 12:58 PM
Apt
I Put the FU in FUN

Garage

Nice job on the return fire Leah. Spot on.
post #24 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 12:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

need a DL thread entitled " Would not recommend doing business with sjmurray/LakeT"

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #25 of 83 Old 01-31-2013, 01:11 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apt View Post
Nice job on the return fire Leah. Spot on.

Thanks. That guy needs to get a life and stop making me waste mine on his stupidity.

I got what you need....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode