Cheaper Than Dirt FAIL - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 Old 01-23-2013, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Cheaper Than Dirt FAIL

Okay, maybe I'm being mellowdramatic, but I'm pissed. So rant on.

I've been searching for weeks trying to find a CMMG .22LR conversion for my newly acquired AR (2 days after the CT shootings). I have yet to do much more than pick it up, oil it and shoot pretend holes in my wall while looking through the scope because I have a very limited supply of .223 ammo.

Just on a whim, I run a Google search for siad CMMG conversion kit and Cheaper Than Dirt comes up. So I click the link. And to my surprise it actually shows they have them in stock in Warehouse J, which I learn later is in Missouri. So I obtain the proper permission from my financial advisor and proceed to place my order.

Well, just to make sure what I'm seeing isn't a mistake, I call Customer Service. After a few minutes, a rather cheerful older woman answers my call and I proceed to inquire about the product in question. She explains that they show to have 8 in stock. So I quickly pull out my debit card to place my order. She checks multiple times to make sure the inventory is correct and explains that if it only showed 1-2 in stock she wouldn't have me place the order. I tell her I could just place it online since I was already there anyway. She then explained it would be faster to just order through her because my orer would be processed almost immediately and should ship the same day. She said with great confidence that I should expect to receive my order by today or tomorrow from UPS. So I proceed to give her my shipping/billing info, card number, etc. and my order is complete. At this point I'm excited and relived at the same time because my searching and hunting has finally paid off. Now I need only acquire .22LR ammo, which I've seen several places recently, but neglected to buy because I couldn't find the conversion.

I come back from lunch this afternoon to an email from Cheaper Than Dirt entitled:

"Cheaper Than Dirt - Order Number 8591272 DROP Out"

My order has been cancelled due to stock depletion. 2 days later and the same day/one day before I've been told to expect delivery. So I proceed to call customer service. The only thing I can get is "I'm sorry sir, but we have no more to send you and you have been issued a refund." in a very condescending tone. I proceed to ask what happened and she says they can't ship an order until it has been paid for. To which I reply "I paid for it the moment I ordered it and was assured there were 8 in stock at that time. I was also told it would be faster to order over the phone as my order would be processed faster." I then ask how long it takes for the warehouse to process and invoice the order, to which she replies "about an hour." She then proceeds to explain yet again, still in her condescending "you're wasting my fucking time" tone that they have no more product and that they're very hard to find. Well no fucking shit! I reply "Ummm....yeah. Which is exactly why I ordered it the moment I found it...and verified with customer service that there was indeed stock in the warehouse before doing so." Again, she explains with the same tone that they have no more in stock and I've been issued a refund. Says they can email me when they get more in, which should be next month. I tell her "Yeah, don't bother. By the time I get your e-mail it'll be too late anyway. You can't even fulfill orders when you have stock on the shelves." She proceeds to pretend to apologize again, at which point I say "Thanks a lot." and hang up.

So now after searching for weeks, finally finding what I wanted,ordering it, and waiting....I'm still left holding nothing but my dick. So I'll end my rant with this:

Don't count on Cheaper Than Dirt for anything, even if you pay right then and they show to have stock. Chances are, it's bullshit.

FUCK YOU CHEAPER THAN DIRT!

/rant.

Choose your friends & choose your enemies. But choose wisely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 01-23-2013, 12:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I heard they did that shit to a lot of folks, then are bumping up the prices so if you do want to reorder it is not at the original price. They are gouging, which they can do, but they wont be getting my biz anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenDrinken View Post
Dirty Minion for life™.:the finger:
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
The fact that there is some Fag in you should be upsetting to say the least.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 Old 01-23-2013, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchlayer View Post
I heard they did that shit to a lot of folks, then are bumping up the prices so if you do want to reorder it is not at the original price. They are gouging, which they can do, but they wont be getting my biz anymore
It's still the same price, which was bumped up a couple weeks ago from previously. Bass Pro did the same thing and I watched it happen within a matter of an hour or so.

But yeah, I basically sent them a "You had your one shot and you fucked up" email. Their name lies anyway. They're really not any cheaper than anyone else.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 01-23-2013, 01:16 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Where did you find the .22lr at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #5 of 20 Old 01-23-2013, 01:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Cheaper Than Dirt FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
Where did you find the .22lr at?
He said he his holding his dick because of CTDs shitty practices.

Shortbus

I have more ammo if needed. Just PM me
post #6 of 20 Old 01-23-2013, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb2010 View Post
He said he his holding his dick because of CTDs shitty practices.

Shortbus

I have more ammo if needed. Just PM me
Just wanted something to go plink at the range with. Of course these days, even .22LR is hard to come by. Seems people on Gun Broker are buying it all up, doubling/trippling the price, and reselling it. Saw the 525rd boxes of Federal that are usually $20 at wally world for $60-$70/box.

I shoot you a text in a bit, though.

post #7 of 20 Old 01-23-2013, 01:45 PM

I knew I should have picked up that extra 2500 rounds just before christmas.

Quote:
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #8 of 20 Old 01-23-2013, 01:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Cheaper Than Dirt FAIL

Quote:
I knew I should have picked up that extra 2500 rounds just before christmas.
Slacker
post #9 of 20 Old 01-23-2013, 04:31 PM

Shit I picked up 2500 one day, a week later nada. Hindsight 20/20 I would have mortgaged the house and bought bookoo .223 and then doubled my money.

Quote:
Quote:
post #10 of 20 Old 01-23-2013, 05:00 PM
JKO Addict!

Cheaper Than Dirt FAIL

Quote:
Shit I picked up 2500 one day, a week later nada. Hindsight 20/20 I would have mortgaged the house and bought bookoo .223 and then doubled my money.
I know I wish I had
post #11 of 20 Old 01-23-2013, 05:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
"Cheaper Than Dirt - Order Number 8591272 DROP Out"
FUCK YOU CHEAPER THAN DIRT!
Customer Service in TX, warehouse in MO... Perhaps they sold 9 (including yours) in the 15 minutes it takes for a system like that to update? Doesn't seem ridiculous, but CTD dicked people on the mags a few weeks ago, so it still could be shady business practices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #12 of 20 Old 01-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to warcop

Its crazy that ammo is so hard to find. No one said anything about an ammunition ban. I've been trying to find .308 (at a decent price) for over a month now. They have plenty in stock at $38.00 a box for 20 rounds. I haven't got that desperate yet.

I had a couple of experiences lately where I called stores to see if they had a part in stock before I drove there to buy it. Both times they confirmed to have the parts, but when I drive there they didn't have it. I will not go back to those places. I think they were just trying to get me in the door.

Warcop

2012 JKU Sport, Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex, Smittybilt SRC Side Armor, Mesh Grille MOD, Sony Double DIN AV Receiver, Back up Camera, Kicker Speaker Upgrade, ARB Twin Compressor, Dominion Off Road High Lift Mount, Homemade Paracord Grab Handles, Nitto Trail Grapplers, Paramount Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, KC Hilites Daylighters, under seat lock box, Metal Cloak Front Bumper, BARTACT Seat Covers, BARTACT Sun Shade, x20 Comp Winch, sPOD, ARB Air lockers, 4.10 Gears.
post #13 of 20 Old 01-23-2013, 06:52 PM
Banned

Reloads, FTW.

Not so much on the .22lr though.

post #14 of 20 Old 01-24-2013, 06:48 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Cheaper Than Dirt FAIL

I just saw some conversion kits on a website that I was shopping ammo on, but for the life of me I can't find It now.

If I see it again I'll PM you a link.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 20 Old 01-24-2013, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
Customer Service in TX, warehouse in MO... Perhaps they sold 9 (including yours) in the 15 minutes it takes for a system like that to update? Doesn't seem ridiculous, but CTD dicked people on the mags a few weeks ago, so it still could be shady business practices.
Yeah, I've considered that, too. Still doesn't make the situation any better, though, and it certainly doesn't leave me less pissed off. I was getting a killer deal on it or anything, though. I was paying retail because they're in high demand right now and are difficult to find. The fact that the stupid CS agent said that to me, though, made me want to jump through the phone and tit punch her.

post #16 of 20 Old 01-24-2013, 03:17 PM
JKO Addict!

I am impressed you even placed an order at all with them with their current bullshit in regards to firearms.

fuck them, they will never see another dime of mine and many others.
post #17 of 20 Old 01-24-2013, 04:29 PM
Wheeler

CTD is nothing but an internet middle man. They don't have all these warehouses everywhere. That's where their suppliers are. Those suppliers are folks like Palmetto State Arms (AKA Warehouse D, in Columbia, SC). I doubt they even know what the real inventory is until they place their own order. BTW - I'm not defending them. I think they suck too.

I bought my AR the Saturday after the election and 1250 rounds from bulk-ammo / freedom munitions. The handwriting was on the wall.

Eccl: 1:8-11 All things are wearisome, more than one can say. The eye never has enough of seeing, nor the ear its fill of hearing. What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. Is there anything of which one can say, “Look! This is something new”? It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time. No one remembers the former generations, and even those yet to come will not be remembered by those who follow them.

Last edited by Winyah; 01-24-2013 at 04:32 PM.
post #18 of 20 Old 01-25-2013, 05:57 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Yeah, I'm done with them at this point. They still haven't credited my account back, either.

post #19 of 20 Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 PM

Found this today.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/MAG-074

Quote:
Quote:
post #20 of 20 Old 02-06-2013, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

For a fucking p-mag???!!!

They're great, but not THAT fucking great!

CTD should change their name to Cheaper Than a Heart Transplant!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode