HORRIBLE experience with baseline4x4 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 Old 01-02-2013, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

Angry HORRIBLE experience with baseline4x4

just wanted to share my experience but first let me explain that i do understand that mistakes happen and that sometimes corrections need to be made.

i ordered a product with an advertised sale price. yes, it occurred to me that the price was too good to be true (at ~25% off). i added it to my cart, went through registration, shipping, credit card info and finished check out. i received a confirmation page and email. it all sounds good, right? i sent an email out to a few buddies that need the same part so they could get the deal. then about 10 min later i received telling me the order was cancelled. then another telling me my card has been refunded with a very short explanation (web site error). so i called and asked to speak to Sandy. oh, let me tell you.. she's a peach. she's very bitter. not at any moment did i feel that she was working for my business. i asked about the order and subsequent cancelation -- just as i explained above. the only reply she made (twice), "i said i was sorry".

it's very easy to earn business and to retain it. even after a mishap like this. i work in sales and i have maintained customers, very satisfied customers for more than 25 years. it takes very little effort. "hey, we made a mistake. let us make it up to you..." free shipping?? we'll sell it to you at our cost?? free t-shirt?? free hat?? here's a discount for your next order?? EASY stuff.

i guess that "i'm sorry" doesn't make up well enough. especially when i don't feel that you truly sorry.

i hope everyone else has a much better experience with them than i have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 01-02-2013, 09:57 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to JohnnyWalker

Did you ask for the stuff you mentioned? Free shipping et all? I don't know, Man... I feel there's something missing in the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlime? View Post
Did you just search for "gay" or "halo" and bump those threads?
post #3 of 25 Old 01-02-2013, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
Did you ask for the stuff you mentioned? Free shipping et all? I don't know, Man... I feel there's something missing in the details.
i only asked to confirm that the cancellation email was accurate and that my step-by-step as how it went down. her answers, "i'm sorry" & "i said i was sorry". my reply, "i don't believe you are". Then there was silence for about 3 - 5 seconds. it was obvious to me that she was not going to try to get my business, make things right nor attempt to gain any kind of customer satisfaction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 Old 01-02-2013, 10:10 AM
Banned

If it were me in the vendor's shoes, i'd take the hit from the customer as a thank you to the guy who proofread my website better than I did and then turn around to have the dipshit who posted that price in error make up the difference to me financially. If I am that same dipshit, that would be an expensive lesson learned. But that course of action would base itself on personal responsibility. And everyone knows there's no such thing anymore.

To offer nothing after a shitty deal like that is kinda...shitty

post #5 of 25 Old 01-02-2013, 10:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk_wrecks View Post
i only asked to confirm that the cancellation email was accurate and that my step-by-step as how it went down. her answers, "i'm sorry" & "i said i was sorry". my reply, "i don't believe you are". Then there was silence for about 3 - 5 seconds. it was obvious to me that she was not going to try to get my business, make things right nor attempt to gain any kind of customer satisfaction.
Yeah, but what went down in between "I'm sorry" and "I said I was sorry"? Not trying to downplay what happened, but you said yourself that the price looked to good to be true. Did you come at her guns ablazin'? It's not uncommon practice to resort to saying only "I'm sorry" if a customer is over the top angry for fear of making them angrier. Mistakes happen, prices get put in incorrectly, and 25% is a pretty big discount on anything, especially if it's not made in house. Again, I didn't hear the conversation, but it sounds to me that you might have scared her.

Quote:
post #6 of 25 Old 01-02-2013, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yeah, but what went down in between "I'm sorry" and "I said I was sorry"? Not trying to downplay what happened, but you said yourself that the price looked to good to be true. Did you come at her guns ablazin'? It's not uncommon practice to resort to saying only "I'm sorry" if a customer is over the top angry for fear of making them angrier. Mistakes happen, prices get put in incorrectly, and 25% is a pretty big discount on anything, especially if it's not made in house. Again, I didn't hear the conversation, but it sounds to me that you might have scared her.
nah, bro.. i'm not like that. too good to be true means this is half expected but there could be reasons - discontinuing the product, poor sales, promtion. there were no blazing guns. the conversation went down like i said. i asked to questions seeking confirmation and she replied twice with the sorries.
post #7 of 25 Old 01-02-2013, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

i checked my card and saw there was no refund pending, sometimes these take a day or two to even post a pending status. i sent Sandy an email asking for confirmation that there was a refund. this should not be a surprise as there was already one mistake.

here's her very polite, very cordial reply:

Rex,

Our credit card program shows the following information

--(i removed the refund info)--

I know the money is transferred out of our account immediately and I assume that it goes back to your account immediately. If you prefer to check with your credit card company, you can also do that.

Again, I apologize for this error on this item. If you still want to purchase this item, I can offer you a $5 rebate that is available at checkout with the promo code baseline4x4

Thank you and have a happy New Year,
post #8 of 25 Old 01-02-2013, 11:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Bs

Amazon made a huge mistake pricing the XHD bumper for $200.
About 20 orders went through and they all were honored.
i would have been just as happy if priced at cost.
Amazon is huge. Can't really compare to Baseline but regardless ... Good CS goes along way.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #9 of 25 Old 01-02-2013, 11:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

hmmm. Bad training strikes again? Lot's of people are better in email then in person. Still, I bet they could've done better than five dollars. What part were you after?

Quote:
post #10 of 25 Old 01-02-2013, 12:53 PM
JKO Addict!

Some company is known for doing this. I can't recall who it is though.

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 25 Old 01-02-2013, 12:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Oconee: https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28270

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:

post #12 of 25 Old 01-02-2013, 01:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
O............
And you are dragging up this old unrelated dirty laundry why?

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #13 of 25 Old 01-02-2013, 01:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
And you are dragging up this old unrelated dirty laundry why?
Because I remembered a similiar situation and mentioned it. I researched it and found it was another company and didn't want people to be confused.

I thought we were here to help each other out.

What differnce does it make to you?

Build thread:

Last edited by Gotlime?; 01-02-2013 at 01:39 PM.
post #14 of 25 Old 01-02-2013, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
hmmm. Bad training strikes again? Lot's of people are better in email then in person. Still, I bet they could've done better than five dollars. What part were you after?
ya, perhaps it was training. when i speak to someone and i'm the customer, i like to feel that my business is important. it wasn't about honoring the order. it would have been very cool. if she would have made that gesture to begin with, i almost would have certainly so.. no problem. sht happens and prob ordered from them anyway.

in a perfect world, i would have liked to have been called by some explaining vs. the cold email. what can i say, i'm somewhat old fashioned.

i was looking at the the alloy usa ball joints. they're marked down still, but obviously not as much :-)

Last edited by jk_wrecks; 01-02-2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: answer question
post #15 of 25 Old 01-02-2013, 01:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Sort of the same thing happened when I bought my TenFactory rear chromoly axles.

Rubicon chromos, studs, bearings, tone rings, etc for $325 shipped. [go price that at Northridge, it's $400]. Guy mentioned he hadn't updated the price, but my order would be shipping asap. Price bumped back up after my purchase on the site..fine with me!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #16 of 25 Old 01-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Rock God

Garage

I've got nothing against Baseline since I have never ordered from them before but I can tell you this...it would appear, as Dan stated, that no one (speaking of vendors specifically) , takes responsibility for their shit.

Guess they will never understand that the customer comes first, without the customer the vendor comes in LAST.

Pay attention vendors, the web can be your best friend or your worst enemy...customer service goes a long-long way.

Thanks for sharing your experience with them.

Disabled & Mental
U.S. Army Veteran

~
~
post #17 of 25 Old 01-02-2013, 02:43 PM
JKowners Vendor

JK Wrecks...

Sorry this happend to you. I really am. I know this has NOTHING to do with us but...

If you willing, shot me the details and I will see about seeing you a set as close as I can to this deal. How does that sound? Its the Holidays and I hate people having issues like this and then it not getting taken care of.

At the end of the day, you just need your stuff right?

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #18 of 25 Old 01-02-2013, 02:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Because I remembered a similiar situation and mentioned it. I researched it and found it was another company and didn't want people to be confused.

I thought we were here to help each other out.

What differnce does it make to you?
Because you are bringing a different vendor to light that has nothing to do with this situation at all. That doesn't help anyone, especially the vendor who was the subject of the old thread.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #19 of 25 Old 01-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road.com View Post
JK Wrecks...

Sorry this happend to you. I really am. I know this has NOTHING to do with us but...

If you willing, shot me the details and I will see about seeing you a set as close as I can to this deal. How does that sound? Its the Holidays and I hate people having issues like this and then it not getting taken care of.

-Jason
This guy is top notch and provides great customer service.
post #20 of 25 Old 01-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepchic55 View Post
This guy is top notch and provides great customer service.
X2
Jason is a standup guy and runs a great business

Obama's EPA just shut down your favorite ORV trail.
post #21 of 25 Old 01-02-2013, 09:05 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to KevinJBurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk_wrecks View Post
just wanted to share my experience but first let me explain that i do understand that mistakes happen and that sometimes corrections need to be made.

i ordered a product with an advertised sale price. yes, it occurred to me that the price was too good to be true (at ~25% off). i added it to my cart, went through registration, shipping, credit card info and finished check out. i received a confirmation page and email. it all sounds good, right? i sent an email out to a few buddies that need the same part so they could get the deal. then about 10 min later i received telling me the order was cancelled. then another telling me my card has been refunded with a very short explanation (web site error). so i called and asked to speak to Sandy. oh, let me tell you.. she's a peach. she's very bitter. not at any moment did i feel that she was working for my business. i asked about the order and subsequent cancelation -- just as i explained above. the only reply she made (twice), "i said i was sorry".

it's very easy to earn business and to retain it. even after a mishap like this. i work in sales and i have maintained customers, very satisfied customers for more than 25 years. it takes very little effort. "hey, we made a mistake. let us make it up to you..." free shipping?? we'll sell it to you at our cost?? free t-shirt?? free hat?? here's a discount for your next order?? EASY stuff.

i guess that "i'm sorry" doesn't make up well enough. especially when i don't feel that you truly sorry.

i hope everyone else has a much better experience with them than i have.

Quote:
JK Wrecks...

-Jason
There ya go man... It's all good!! JKO... BAM! Lol sorry that happened though, that sucks. With that said, way to go Jason!! Happy, happy, happy!!

Always forward never straight sometimes upside-down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkristie44 View Post
I love the cock so much that even my avatar is just a pile of hot meat.
post #22 of 25 Old 01-03-2013, 05:50 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Because you are bringing a different vendor to light that has nothing to do with this situation at all. That doesn't help anyone, especially the vendor who was the subject of the old thread.
Is that other vendor a friend of yours?

I didn't realize sharing a link to an open thread on JKO was forbidden or even frowned upon.

This wasn't a big deal until you made it into one.

So I did something you don't like. So what?

Build thread:

post #23 of 25 Old 01-03-2013, 05:57 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Is that other vendor a friend of yours?

I didn't realize sharing a link to an open thread on JKO was forbidden or even frowned upon.

This wasn't a big deal until you made it into one.

So I did something you don't like. So what?
Nah just seemed like common sense to me. Never heard of em except here on the forum.

Quote:
post #24 of 25 Old 01-03-2013, 06:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
I dunno, reading that thread, I get the impression that Oconee got the message loud & clear and won't be pulling that shit again. When vendors get called out in public forums like that, it gets the peoples' attention.

But I don't think Baseline has a rep here, so it may fall on deaf ears.
EDIT:
Nope, they have a member here and they have been posting recently. They deserve to lose this one. bad juju.
https://www.jkowners.com/forum/member.php?u=13511
Last Activity: Today 08:52 AM

Well, not completely. It seems Jason @ KOR has the business accumen to recognize an opportunity when he sees one and snag a customer he wouldn't have had otherwise.

Last edited by Dancin Dan; 01-03-2013 at 06:22 AM.
post #25 of 25 Old 01-03-2013, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
JK Wrecks...

-Jason
Thanks Jason!

I've been checking out your site this morning and forwarding out to a few friends.

i'm diggin your fender flares and your weld on builders kit sliders... i will be in touch!

rex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode