Olympic 4X4 bumper - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old 12-13-2012, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Olympic 4X4 bumper

Owned the rear Smuggler with tire carrier for less than a year and the powder coat is coming off in sheets... Have exchanged a few emails with customer service who has assured me they will have an answer how they "will fix this".

I am beginning to feel like I am getting the run around....

Does anyone else have any experience with Olympic??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 12-13-2012, 07:18 PM
Wheeler

I have rock bumpers front and rear.

I had to passenger side brackets for the rear when I purchased.

I sent an email and called.

In my experience, they were courteous, very helpful, and the correct bracket arrived at my door in a couple of days.

I'd suggest calling if possible.
post #3 of 37 Old 12-14-2012, 05:02 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

if you click ^ up there on iTrader you will see that olympic4x4products has the highest negative feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 Old 12-14-2012, 06:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Do a search in the Dirty Laundry section for Olympic. There was a thread here prob a year ago. The owner jumped in to "defend" his product. The thread was EPIC.
post #5 of 37 Old 12-14-2012, 08:48 AM
RIP Brad

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
if you click ^ up there on iTrader you will see that olympic4x4products has the highest negative feedback.
Those ratings came from people that do not own the products. They look to have come from pitch fork welding, eom bleeding JKO bitches.

The iTrader system is broken if anyone can rate anyone for any reason.

I have no suggestion as to how to fix that other than scrap it. I don't believe there is a way for JKO to verify product ownership... so the ratings are unreliable at best.

OP: As suggested, call if you haven't already. I think you'll get taken care of better over the phone, as in most cases. E-mail is convenient, but messy when you are trying to get a problem solved.
post #6 of 37 Old 12-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Granite Guru

I have a boa extreme front bumper and like it. The powder coating isn't the best, but it does pretty well. I can't say that I have dealt with their customer service, but I like the products for the price.

Sent via evil monkey!

"If you don't drive a Jeep, !#(% you! - Ricky Bobby
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

2007 JKU - 2.5 RC, Teraflex LK, 315/75R16 Cooper Stt
1995 YJ - stock on 32x11.5R15 SS TSL-R
post #7 of 37 Old 12-14-2012, 12:38 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

Check your PM box TraumaGuy.
post #8 of 37 Old 12-14-2012, 12:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Do a search in the Dirty Laundry section for Olympic. There was a thread here prob a year ago. The owner jumped in to "defend" his product. The thread was EPIC.
Edit:
Apparently that thread went bye bye.

Mods? I thought that one was going to stay up for historical reference. Not being a dick, just asking what happened.
post #9 of 37 Old 12-14-2012, 01:59 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Edit:
Apparently that thread went bye bye.

Mods? I thought that one was going to stay up for historical reference. Not being a dick, just asking what happened.
The issue was resolved with Olympic directly

Last edited by BustaBizz; 01-03-2013 at 01:10 PM.
post #10 of 37 Old 12-14-2012, 02:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustaBizz View Post
Oh it was something to do with that same bumper if I recall. I was involved it somehow, it was a mess for Olympic like this

Edit: I remember now, it had to do with the image Olympic supplied us for the bumper and what the customer actually received was totally different, then somehow it turned into a 10 page debacle, Eric the owner of Olympic got involved, and a month later something was resolved with them.
Yep thats how it started. The whole false advertising issue is one thing but the way Eric was responding to the posts was unbelievable to say the least.
post #11 of 37 Old 12-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Rock God

My OLY front (hitch) and rear have lasted 2-1/2 years and I've had a couple trees jump out in front of me, "OUCH", but no powdercoat loss-

No complaints-

JIMBO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Man, you gotta have style

"YELLOW JEEP No. 683"
post #12 of 37 Old 12-14-2012, 06:53 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

Quote:
Oh it was something to do with that same bumper if I recall. I was involved it somehow, it was a mess for Olympic like this

Edit: I remember now, it had to do with the image Olympic supplied us for the bumper and what the customer actually received was totally different, then somehow it turned into a 10 page debacle, Eric the owner of Olympic got involved, and a month later something was resolved with them.
Hey dude... your company fucked the customer on that one. You make a profit and should stand behind the shit you sell... not push the customer off to the manufacture. Some of the poorest customer service skills I have ever seen. The picture was wrong and that was Olympic's fault, but you should have dealt with them, not have your customer do it. 4WP sold the item, 4WP should stand behind what they sell, and 4WP should have dealt with the manufacture directly.

4WP... 4WD... same company.
post #13 of 37 Old 12-15-2012, 07:34 AM
JKO Addict!

They sent my friend Meredith a used rear bumper(rock rash all along the bottom and one side) took a while but they made it right. I think the tire carried is a piece of shit though. It shakes horribly.

Risk the Roll.
tm
post #14 of 37 Old 12-15-2012, 05:38 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I had the front rock bumper on my JK, no complaints at all.

MikeP

post #15 of 37 Old 12-18-2012, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

issue resolved

Their customer service rep didnt follow up as she said she would but explained why and is understandable.

Bottom line.. They are sending new parts to replace the defective ones.. Can't ask for better than that..

Thanks for the feedback all..

post #16 of 37 Old 01-02-2013, 05:02 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by abendx View Post
Hey dude... your company fucked the customer on that one. You make a profit and should stand behind the shit you sell... not push the customer off to the manufacture. Some of the poorest customer service skills I have ever seen. The picture was wrong and that was Olympic's fault, but you should have dealt with them, not have your customer do it. 4WP sold the item, 4WP should stand behind what they sell, and 4WP should have dealt with the manufacture directly.

Beating a dead horse is one thing. But digging up the bones of that dead horse, and beating them again is just asinine.

Proud to be One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001-2010.

Semper Fi
post #17 of 37 Old 01-02-2013, 05:30 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:

You are totally wrong there.

Last edited by BustaBizz; 01-03-2013 at 01:10 PM.
post #18 of 37 Old 01-02-2013, 06:52 AM
RIP Brad

Garage

Quote:
Funny thing is 90% of all the customer service "issues" we have is because of lack of the customers cooperation.
Quoted for posterity!
post #19 of 37 Old 01-02-2013, 07:11 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
You are totally wrong there.

We tried to do everything we could for the guy, Olympic wanted to handle it. This issue almost made us totally drop Olympic Products all together. But hey I was only right in the middle of it, and you only saw what was posted in the internets.

Funny thing is 90% of all the customer service "issues" we have is because of lack of the customers cooperation.
Lol, is that last part a joke????
post #20 of 37 Old 01-02-2013, 07:18 AM
Rock God

This is about to get awesome

Sent from within the beaver

CRAWLIN PERFORMANCE 602-552-6793
post #21 of 37 Old 01-02-2013, 08:54 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Fawking customers! I guess we need to be educated on how to cooperate when we spend noney on products and they fail. Do you guys at 4WD/4WP offer a seminar on customer cooperation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #22 of 37 Old 01-02-2013, 09:19 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Fawking customers! I guess we need to be educated on how to cooperate when we spend noney on products and they fail. Do you guys at 4WD/4WP offer a seminar on customer cooperation?
We should . That being said, I meant "Issues" as in something that is beyond our control. 99% of our customer service problems with broken/wrong/warrantied parts are resolved without issue. Most issues are easily resolved if the customer would stop yelling long enough to listen lol. Now I can't speak for Olympics powdercoating issues, but in Olympics case and with most manufactures on issues like this they would rather handle the issue themselves.

Last edited by BustaBizz; 01-02-2013 at 09:21 AM.
post #23 of 37 Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 AM
RIP Brad

Garage

No you should not..... there is only ONE rule in customer service.
post #24 of 37 Old 01-02-2013, 09:58 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
No you should not..... there is only ONE rule in customer service.
Never said that wasn't true at all, because it is, we/I make every effort to make the customer totally happy. Do issues happen, yes of course. edit: Ill shut up now.
post #25 of 37 Old 01-04-2013, 06:29 AM
RIP Brad

Garage

Quote:
edit
Might as well be a HGTD! Why don't you do the rest of what you claimed you'd do... or do you not stand behind your word either?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode