HGTDs, Closed Threads, Mass Edits - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

HGTDs, Closed Threads, Mass Edits

WTF.

I really do not get what goes around here sometimes. It would be nice if people would think before hitting the "enter" button. That said, this site is a form of entertainment. Works pretty well sometimes too. So, my e-vote goes to no HGTDs, no Closed Threads, and no Edits, except for imperfect spelling.

A good e-slug fest around here a couple times a day serves to keep the reckless rift-raft out and provides the entertainment value for the site. While I agree that the MODs should get with the business in other areas of the site, Dirty Laundry and Chit Chat should be left to let the members administer the justice.

And what goes on over on the JeepForum, or Pirate, for that matter, don't go around here. JAPJEEP - MODS saved your ass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Rock God

i'll agree man.

been here a while and it gets old. i still have to say this forum is the least policing forum i've ever been a part of.

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 08:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcraig7 View Post
WTF.

I really do not get what goes around here sometimes. It would be nice if people would think before hitting the "enter" button. That said, this site is a form of entertainment. Works pretty well sometimes too. So, my e-vote goes to no HGTDs, no Closed Threads, and no Edits, except for imperfect spelling.

A good e-slug fest around here a couple times a day serves to keep the reckless rift-raft out and provides the entertainment value for the site. While I agree that the MODs should get with the business in other areas of the site, Dirty Laundry and Chit Chat should be left to let the members administer the justice.

And what goes on over on the JeepForum, or Pirate, for that matter, don't go around here. JAPJEEP - MODS saved your ass.
I would have liked to see that one die on its own after reading seven pages in the middle of the night and trying to understand the issue. but dragging a personal beef over from jeepforum wasn't going to net him any positive results.

On the other issues I'm a firm believer in what's said can't be unsaid. At least one somebody is going to read it before it's edited. But not allowing HGTD or a person to edit his/her own post is ridiculous, entertainment value or not. Maybe I'm different but if I see something posted that seems totally wrong I may call them out but I will intentionally not quote in case they choose to retract it.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.

Last edited by gold knight; 12-13-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Garage

Meh.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #5 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 08:36 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Glad I got my "asshole" in before it was closed because that was inevitable...

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #6 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
I would have liked to see that one die on its own after reading seven pages in the middle of the night and trying to understand the issue. but dragging a personal beef over from jeepforum wasn't going to net him any positive results.

On the other issues I'm a firm believer in what's said can't be unsaid. At least one somebody is going to read it before it's edited. But not allowing HGTD or a person to edit his/her own post is ridiculous, entertainment value or not. Maybe I'm different but if I see something posted that seems totally wrong I may call them out but I will intentionally not quote in case they choose to retract it.
Actually, the beef started here. And with respect to what you think a thread would or should net the OP, he rolled the dice, why not let it net him whatever.

And really this thread topic is about two choices, 1) members should not HGTD or do Mass Edits, and if they do they should be heckled mercilessly, and 2) MODS should not close threads in Dirty Laundry or Chit Chat. No one said anything about not allowing anything. It is about choices, members should choose wisely, and expect consequences, and MODS should allow the process to work the issue out.
post #7 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
Meh.
Funny, I had that same reaction when I was staring into the toilet bowl this morning too.
post #8 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 09:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Actually, the beef started here. And with respect to what you think a thread would or should net the OP, he rolled the dice, why not let it net him whatever.

And really this thread topic is about two choices, 1) members should not HGTD or do Mass Edits, and if they do they should be heckled mercilessly, and 2) MODS should not close threads in Dirty Laundry or Chit Chat. No one said anything about not allowing anything. It is about choices, members should choose wisely, and expect consequences, and MODS should allow the process to work the issue out.
#1 as you just stated it has always been an unwritten rule. I thought that was a given.

#2, I think we are in agreement there too.

/thread lol

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #9 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 09:28 AM
JKO Addict!

Pirate's reputation for handing out severe ass-raping to stupid people precedes itself... Only the most ignorant sons of bitches go on Pirate and get the thrashing they deserve. We need that same kind of reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #10 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Garage

I think the balance we have here currently works.

Not looking for a "pirate reputation" either... We are our own community.

It's rare threads get closed and even more rare that they go by by and when they do it may be for more reasons than one might be aware of. That's a call we don't make lightly... And at the end I the day we aren't running g for Mayor so we are not courting g your vote.

As for HGTD.. That is entirely the OP's decision, always has been a d always will be.

BTW.. I had one in the toilet this morning that made me say... 'Merica! Fuck Yea!

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #11 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

It wasn't going to die on it's own before RK would've felt inclined to jump in in an attempt to defend themselves ( and there was no need for them to have to do that).

I read through the pages and made my decision to close it based on everyone's best interest... not the members that had no dog in the fight, but rather the two parties involved in the dispute.

Kinda sad, kinda funny... that there is such a bored blood lust on here, that the torches get lit over the most insignificant things. I turn a blind-eye to so many things that get posted here in all sections. JKO has always been very loosely moderated and I personally ( as well as doc, Hit, Marcy, etc..) continue to allow so many things to ride.

So bad mouth and bash me all you like. I have been so minimally involved in the huge majority of rantings, arguments, complaints, bashing, etc, etc, etc... that it really doesn't bother me anymore that I will never satisfy everyone on here... especially those of you with nothing to gain from standing up for a certain topic of discussion that doesn't even affect you.

It could be so much different and I could be much more involved than I am, but I digress... as there will always be someone that feels the need to interject their disapproval no matter what I do or don't do. I have no need to justify this latest "injustice" as some of you see it. I explained it in the closed thread, and I stand by my decision.

I'm sure that you can dig up something else meaningful to bitch about... or not. That's up to y'all. Just remember that there is no other Jeep forum out there that would give you so much "freedom" to bash mods, admin, members, and vendors... as what you are entitled to on here.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #12 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 10:21 AM
JKO Addict!

What'd I miss? Something bout a Rubicon sticker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb2010 View Post
As BSack would probably say, the rewards of doing for others while seeking nothing makes one rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Momma View Post
Had to google this...
post #13 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 10:31 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
What'd I miss? Something bout a Rubicon sticker?
^^^^ IBTHGTD!

I'm a JKO Reject
post #14 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
I think the balance we have here currently works.

Not looking for a "pirate reputation" either... We are our own community.

It's rare threads get closed and even more rare that they go by by and when they do it may be for more reasons than one might be aware of. That's a call we don't make lightly... And at the end I the day we aren't running g for Mayor so we are not courting g your vote.

As for HGTD.. That is entirely the OP's decision, always has been a d always will be.

BTW.. I had one in the toilet this morning that made me say... 'Merica! Fuck Yea!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
It wasn't going to die on it's own before RK would've felt inclined to jump in in an attempt to defend themselves ( and there was no need for them to have to do that).

I read through the pages and made my decision to close it based on everyone's best interest... not the members that had no dog in the fight, but rather the two parties involved in the dispute.

Kinda sad, kinda funny... that there is such a bored blood lust on here, that the torches get lit over the most insignificant things. I turn a blind-eye to so many things that get posted here in all sections. JKO has always been very loosely moderated and I personally ( as well as doc, Hit, Marcy, etc..) continue to allow so many things to ride.

So bad mouth and bash me all you like. I have been so minimally involved in the huge majority of rantings, arguments, complaints, bashing, etc, etc, etc... that it really doesn't bother me anymore that I will never satisfy everyone on here... especially those of you with nothing to gain from standing up for a certain topic of discussion that doesn't even affect you.

It could be so much different and I could be much more involved than I am, but I digress... as there will always be someone that feels the need to interject their disapproval no matter what I do or don't do. I have no need to justify this latest "injustice" as some of you see it. I explained it in the closed thread, and I stand by my decision.

I'm sure that you can dig up something else meaningful to bitch about... or not. That's up to y'all. Just remember that there is no other Jeep forum out there that would give you so much "freedom" to bash mods, admin, members, and vendors... as what you are entitled to on here.
This thread wasn't started to bash MODs but, to make a simple point. Both of you make decisions that effect pocketbooks when Yellow Stars are involved. You Mod some things and not others......

Example, that abortion of a fucking thread that you both allowed Rugged Ridge's ball joint product release to turn into. WTF are you thinking allowing users in there to bash a vendor who is attempting to announce a new product in an appropriate JKO sub-forum?

So, the simple point, your Mod choices are sometimes confusing and can lead to the same with consumers who come here to make purchasing decisions. Get it?
post #15 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Garage

I usually only respond to things that were reported to me... So just because your e-motions got all worked up over the thread, the OP whom you are not, didn't feel intervention necessary because they did not report it.

Contrary to why you may think, it's the actual parties involved in a situation that are the concern, not all the drama lamas that flock to the thread.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #16 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Contrary to why you may think, it's the actual parties involved in a situation that are the concern, not all the drama lamas that flock to the thread.
And contrary to your shallow ass-covering, I buy a lot of products from vendors here so, to suggest that mis-information and intentional polluting a marketing thread is not of concern to other parties is lameness your highness.
post #17 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 10:53 AM
RIP Brad

Garage

Quote:
when Yellow Stars are involved
Your thread is gay. But......

This fucking point is so blindingly true and one of the reasons I stopped posting here as much as I used to.

The really funny thing is that most would probably agree... but let me open a thread complaining about a favorite vendor... and they quickly become *you*.

Confused?, think Currie. Ironic, huh?
post #18 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Garage

I confused ... You think you can't start a thread with legit complaints against certain "favorite" vendors?

When has that ever happened? And I am curious as to who you think are "favorite" vendors? And whom are they favorites of? Me? And how you think they became my favorite vendors?

I have my assumptions as to your a answers but would really like to see you spell them out in writing here cause I call bullshit.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #19 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by abendx View Post
Your thread is gay. But......

This fucking point is so blindingly true and one of the reasons I stopped posting here as much as I used to.

The really funny thing is that most would probably agree... but let me open a thread complaining about a favorite vendor... and they quickly become *you*.

Confused?, think Currie. Ironic, huh?
I think I get your point and it serves my point equally as well. Members do like what they own, that is natural but, running another vendor into the dirt who sells a product that you don't own is no bueno.

You choose to open a thread about a particular vendor and run the gauntlet. Two days later the thread dies a natural death. Problem solved through a good debate.

And I assure you, Currie isn't my favorite vendor, and while I respect your opinions related to your personal history with them, the drama llamas, as Hit would have it, that come behind to pile on is the problem.
post #20 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Rock God

i stand by what craig and abendx said.

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

post #21 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Administrator

Garage

I confused ... You think you can't start a thread with legit complaints against certain "favorite" vendors?

When has that ever happened? And I am curious as to who you think are "favorite" vendors? And whom are they favorites of? Me? And how you think they became my favorite vendors?

I have my assumptions as to your a answers but would really like to see you spell them out in writing here cause I call bullshit.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #22 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
This thread wasn't started to bash MODs but, to make a simple point. Both of you make decisions that effect pocketbooks when Yellow Stars are involved. You Mod some things and not others......

Example, that abortion of a fucking thread that you both allowed Rugged Ridge's ball joint product release to turn into. WTF are you thinking allowing users in there to bash a vendor who is attempting to announce a new product in an appropriate JKO sub-forum?

So, the simple point, your Mod choices are sometimes confusing and can lead to the same with consumers who come here to make purchasing decisions. Get it?
I'm not going to argue any points here, but this post ^^^ is a completely different concern than what you expressed in your OP. You're suggesting here that the RR thread should've been edited... but in your OP you are suggesting that nothing should be edited. I was addressing what you had said in your OP.

There is not always a mod on the forum to regulate. Sometimes things are taking place behind the scenes. Sometimes there is just a difference in opinions of how things should be handled and when/ if the plug should be pulled. There are also times that a thread spirals out of control before it's even seen by a mod or admin. There are often times judgement calls to be made as well. Not every administrator, mod, vendor, or member is going to be on the same page at the same time either. I'm not making excuses.. I'm stating the reality that exists on a busy forum like this.

Again... I personally walk a thin line between what I feel should be kept open, and what should be closed/ edited, and I try to do the best that I can to consider all legitimate concerns. I will generally allow things to play out... not always, but the majority of time I do for the benefit of all involved. My intent has never been to mislead or add confusion, so I'm sorry if that's how it appears.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #23 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I'm not going to argue any points here, but this post ^^^ is a completely different concern than what you expressed in your OP. You're suggesting here that the RR thread should've been edited... but in your OP you are suggesting that nothing should be edited. I was addressing what you had said in your OP.

There is not always a mod on the forum to regulate. Sometimes things are taking place behind the scenes. Sometimes there is just a difference in opinions of how things should be handled and when/ if the plug should be pulled. There are also times that a thread spirals out of control before it's even seen by a mod or admin. There are often times judgement calls to be made as well. Not every administrator, mod, vendor, or member is going to be on the same page at the same time either. I'm not making excuses.. I'm stating the reality that exists on a busy forum like this.

Again... I personally walk a thin line between what I feel should be kept open, and what should be closed/ edited, and I try to do the best that I can to consider all legitimate concerns. I will generally allow things to play out... not always, but the majority of time I do for the benefit of all involved. My intent has never been to mislead or add confusion, so I'm sorry if that's how it appears.
You were right, this thread is mainly about DL and CC. The discussion in this thread morphed a bit into the matter in the Rugged Ridge thread. The inappropriate comments allowed to remain in that thread (a marketing thread) led to a thread being started in DL about the competitor's post. I still think you should go through that thread and clean it up, including the post from my friends at Poly Performance.
post #24 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 11:45 AM
JKO Addict!

I think the best thing we can do right now, is go to my Waving at Jeeps thread on Pirate, and post. Please post away.

JKUS Sort of
post #25 of 179 Old 12-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR LIKA View Post
I think the best thing we can do right now, is go to my Waving at Jeeps thread on Pirate, and post. Please post away.
LOL

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode