I Appreciate You Guys. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 10-10-2012, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!
 
nlgrav182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,401
Feedback: 2 reviews
I Appreciate You Guys.

I'm on another forum where a lot of buying and selling goes on ($250 and up). Now twice, I've had product sold out from under my feet when I was first on the list. The first time it was a few hours that it took to respond, but this last time it was 40 minutes. I realize no promises were made and there's no point in bitching and complaining because I did nothing to save my spot other than express interest, but Goddamn, honor the time stamp system and give the first guy in line a fair amount of time to respond. Being a good seller is just as important as being a good buyer.

So in short, I've bought stuff from JKO before and I've been interested and backed out, but I appreciate it when a seller gives me ample time to make a decision and generally considers I'm not sitting at the computer 24 hours a day.

PS: This same forum is full of a lot of whiners and they wouldn't last a day here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
nlgrav182 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 10-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Granite Guru
 
elusive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: temecula, ca
Age: 46
Posts: 356
Feedback: 0 reviews

I must agree. I bought my lift from a guy on here, the rear bumper from another guy, the supercharger from yet another guy, and I have sold several items hassle free. I love the for sale section on this site
elusive is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old 10-10-2012, 08:58 PM
Owner: TWF
 
406 YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 621
Feedback: 0 reviews

I always post up. "first one to get me the money ownes it" That cuts the who is the first to make up their mind gets it game out. You pay, you get product. You sit on your thumb, the next guy who wants to pony up the cash gets the product. I have become great friends with 90% of the people I have bought things from. The offroad works is full of some great people!!

I sold a Jeep to a guy a few years back. He had a buddy who knew more about jeeps show up and look it over first. It turns out that guy has not only bought product from me but I am flying out to Easter Jeep safari with them on some jet that is going to get us from wichita to there in exactly 1 hour. My country ass would never have been able to go there let alone go there in class without the help of someone I now know from the jeep world.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TWF Double Beadlock wheels, Pitbull Tires Vendor, Raceline Wheels Vendor, Marsh Racing Wheels Vendor, Poison Spyder Vendor, Custom Splice Winch Rope Vendor, Cheap LED Light Bars
406 YJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 13 Old 10-10-2012, 09:05 PM
JKO Addict!
 
Goodysgotacuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 13,230
Feedback: 1 reviews

I was S.O.L trying selling a set of tube doors to someone over trying to hold to "first come first served". Guy said he was coming, I told guy #2 to hang on, guy #1 backed out, guy #2 backed out after that delay.

I'm a first one with the cash wins kinda salesman now.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Goodysgotacuda is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 10-12-2012, 06:30 AM
JKO Addict!
 
Gotlime?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 2,708
Feedback: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
I'm on another forum where a lot of buying and selling goes on ($250 and up). Now twice, I've had product sold out from under my feet when I was first on the list. The first time it was a few hours that it took to respond, but this last time it was 40 minutes. I realize no promises were made and there's no point in bitching and complaining because I did nothing to save my spot other than express interest, but Goddamn, honor the time stamp system and give the first guy in line a fair amount of time to respond. Being a good seller is just as important as being a good buyer.

So in short, I've bought stuff from JKO before and I've been interested and backed out, but I appreciate it when a seller gives me ample time to make a decision and generally considers I'm not sitting at the computer 24 hours a day.

PS: This same forum is full of a lot of whiners and they wouldn't last a day here.
Do I post on that other forum?

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gotlime? is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 10-12-2012, 06:58 AM
Granite Guru
 
UGOTKERN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lusby, MD
Age: 45
Posts: 470
Feedback: 3 reviews

In the past I tried to accomodate and be fair when selling various items from small inexpensive parts to high dollar items but for the most part it caused nothing but grief for me. Not all but too many folks that were "first in line" either never were to be heard from again or would give excuses as to why they werent making immediate payment or scheduling to promptly purchase items. Plus some folks send pm's saying I want the item and want to pay ASAP while others just simply make a single post in the thread saying "first in line" expecting the seller to constantly monitor their for sale thread. I cant ignore someone who wants to pay immediately as the ultimate goal is to sell your item and not so much worry about extending courtesy to the first person to make a post. I do make it a point to post in each of my for sale threads that items are on a first to pay sales basis.

I'm sorry but if I have someone that has cash in hand or wants to send funds immediately they will win over the "first in line" person everytime.

Last edited by UGOTKERN; 10-12-2012 at 07:06 AM.
UGOTKERN is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 10-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Rock God
 
block's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: maryland
Posts: 1,612
Feedback: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGOTKERN View Post
In the past I tried to accomodate and be fair when selling various items from small inexpensive parts to high dollar items but for the most part it caused nothing but grief for me. Not all but too many folks that were "first in line" either never were to be heard from again or would give excuses as to why they werent making immediate payment or scheduling to promptly purchase items. Plus some folks send pm's saying I want the item and want to pay ASAP while others just simply make a single post in the thread saying "first in line" expecting the seller to constantly monitor their for sale thread. I cant ignore someone who wants to pay immediately as the ultimate goal is to sell your item and not so much worry about extending courtesy to the first person to make a post. I do make it a point to post in each of my for sale threads that items are on a first to pay sales basis.

I'm sorry but if I have someone that has cash in hand or wants to send funds immediately they will win over the "first in line" person everytime.
i agree.. i never understood when someone posts first in line.. ? just send a pm and either buy it or dont.
block is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 10-12-2012, 11:18 AM
JKO Addict!
 
gold knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Dawsonville, Ga
Age: 53
Posts: 11,065
Garage
Feedback: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by block View Post
i agree.. i never understood when someone posts first in line.. ? just send a pm and either buy it or dont.
I always thought it was forum courtesy. Hey I want it... and if a reasonable time passes then sure say too bad, next.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
gold knight is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 10-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Granite Guru
 
WranglerJR83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 36
Posts: 447
Feedback: 1 reviews

At the end of the day, the one with money plays. I don't listen to that first in line crap. If you were first in line, you would have the part. If you have to think about it, then you don't really want/need it.

"If you don't drive a Jeep, !#(% you! - Ricky Bobby
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke


2007 JKU - 2.5 RC, Teraflex LK, 315/75R16 Cooper Stt
1995 YJ - stock on 32x11.5R15 SS TSL-R
WranglerJR83 is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 10-12-2012, 12:13 PM
JKO Addict!
 
bnb2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 2,276
Feedback: 0 reviews

All I got to say is yep
bnb2010 is offline  
post #11 of 13 Old 10-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Wheeler
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Va
Posts: 52
Feedback: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by block View Post
i agree.. i never understood when someone posts first in line.. ? just send a pm and either buy it or dont.
yeah I can see that, or like when you tell someone that something is for sale and then at the last minute (after the buyer has drawn money and pushed other obligations aside in order to accommodate the seller) back out.
jneal91 is offline  
post #12 of 13 Old 10-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Rock God
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Age: 36
Posts: 1,481
Garage
Feedback: 6 reviews

When someone posts "dibs" in a thread of mine, and never contacts me, I usually congratulate them on getting dibs on the first post of thread, but sorry, the item is sold, to someone who paid.

Proud to be One of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001-2010.

Semper Fi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
highoctane is offline  
post #13 of 13 Old 10-18-2012, 06:31 PM
JKO Addict!
 
thedirtman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: southwest reno, nv
Age: 51
Posts: 4,275
Feedback: 0 reviews

Money talks, first one to show up with cash wins. I love it when someone commits to buying something from you and then takes 6 months to come up with the money and picking it up. K-mart has lay-a-way for those that need it, I do not.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
thedirtman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome