Crap Dealers - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 09-18-2012, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Crap Dealers

My dealer has a good sales staff BUT the service department is worthless. I wouldn't trust these monkeys to wash my windows. Every time they say leave it for a day or 2. They gave me 5 free oil changes the first one I was there 45 minutes and my jeep was the only one in the garage at the time, then when I went back for the 2nd oil change they said I didn't have enough miles yet. You would think free oil changes they would want you to use them up as quick as possible. I took it in for a leak and I had pictures of where it was leaking and a service bulletin from Jeep on how to fix it they wanted me to leave it for 1 or 2 day. I took it to another dealer gave them the service bulletin they fix it in 10 minutes while I sat in there parking lot.
If you live near Grand Rapids,Mi stay away from the jeep dealer on plainfield or you'll be sorry. Here's to you VF.

My summer play toy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-14-2012, 10:49 PM
Wheeler

Some of these dealerships are just worthless. If you're in Fresno, CA stay away from Fresno Chrysler. Took the 09 rubi in for a transmission problem, lots of grinding. At the same time they replaced the radio/nav unit. Told me it wasn't the tranny it's the driveshaft. Told them I had one in the garage an I'd see them in the morning. That night I drove it with just the front, then just the rear to know for myself. Took it back the next day. On the way, the radio quit working. Service guy was not happy to see me. They fixed the radio again and told me it still wasn't the tranny. Now they said it's the rear end and the grinding was traveling up the driveshaft. I told him I drove without a rear shaft, he had no answer. Ended up driving to Lampe Jeep in Visalia an hour away. Needless to say tranny needed a rebuild at 28,000 miles. Lampe fixed it no questions asked, they were great. So needless to say Fresno Chrysler will never see me again. Honestly after dealing with Fresno Chrsler, I really couldn't tell if they were trying to fuck me or they were just morons.

2009 Rubicon Unlimited: A mix of Teraflex and Currie with a little Poly thrown in, on 36s.

Mo' Doors, Mo' Problems
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 10-23-2012, 05:39 PM

They tried telling me that it was going to cost me $1200 to fix my e-brake came up with a hole list of issues oh and my favorite part was they tried telling me that the rear axle has to come off to fix the problem....!!I was like WTF?? Wrong.. Took it to my trusted mechanic cost me 300 bucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 10-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Man, I've had very few good experiences at Jeep dealers.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 10 Old 10-24-2012, 04:49 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Surf View Post
They tried telling me that it was going to cost me $1200 to fix my e-brake came up with a hole list of issues oh and my favorite part was they tried telling me that the rear axle has to come off to fix the problem....!!I was like WTF?? Wrong.. Took it to my trusted mechanic cost me 300 bucks.
The rear axles do have to come out to replace the e-brake shoes.
post #6 of 10 Old 10-24-2012, 05:31 AM
Granite Guru

Thank god my jeep is out of warranty and I do all service myself. It's not just jeep dealers that suck though. I have a new F-150 and it has a horrible exhaust manifold leak at 60k miles. Dealer said "Oh ya they ALL do that it's a stupid design but not covered," They suggested $600.00 repair or just trade it in on another one. Not a chance. I'll go back to GMC's if I do that.
post #7 of 10 Old 10-24-2012, 05:32 AM
Rock God

I could see this turning into a stupid long thread.

Stay away from Kahlo Chrysler Jeep in Noblesville, IN. These pricks gave me the runaround for 6 different visits to them to find an issue with my wife's Liberty. Everytime I went in there the vibration I was feeling was something not related to the Jeep, but the wheels was bent, oh no the tire has a broken belt, oh no all the tires need balanced. Fuck you Kahlo! They also told me on my Jeep that weeping transmission lines are ok. Another Fuck You!

2009 Deep Water Blue Wrangler Unlimited X
37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on KMC Machetes
Synergy 3" Coils/Rancho 9000XL Shocks
Currie Antirock
Yukon 5.13's
Sleeves/Gussetts
JKS Rear Trackbar
ProRock 44
Front/Rear ARB Air lockers
post #8 of 10 Old 10-24-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spedly View Post
The rear axles do have to come out to replace the e-brake shoes.
That wasn't the issue the levers were frozen
post #9 of 10 Old 11-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Rock God

Garage

Just went 'round with two stealers here in socal. First was Tuttle-Click. Service manager said I would have to return my jeep to stock in order to pass my 5 year warranty inspection to continue coverage. I took it to Don-A-Vee who is mod friendly. I fully expect them to deny coverage on the things I have modified, Axles, Driveshafts, Differentials, Transmission. So I know that's most everything except the crappy little 3.8 motor. Well the service writer at Don-A-Vee tells me that in order to continue my warranty coverage I have to have the differentials serviced...huh they're not covered at this point anyway so why should I have to do that in order to preserve the rest of the coverage?
He couldn't answer that. I said fine how much for that....$195 per axle!!!!!!!
Are you kidding me? I takes me less than 2 hours to do both! Never mind just void what's left of the stupid warranty and give me back my jeep.
post #10 of 10 Old 11-24-2012, 09:35 AM
Rock God

seems like jeep is just getting worse and worse. "oh, yeah, we sell the best off road vehicle out there stock..... but dont use it for what its intended or youll void the warranty"..... lame ass chrysler

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode