To the JK-Forum Rubicon that passed me... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 107 Old 08-29-2012, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

To the JK-Forum Rubicon that passed me...

So, I'm headed from San Diego back to Phoenix and my tire pressure light goes off, effing-A... I pull over at El Centro (driving 10 miles extra just to get to it, no issues, yet). In the parking lot I get out and inspect the tires, Goodyear Wrangler MTR Kevlar 37x12.50x17: front driver's side at 40psi, rear driver's at 40psi, spare at 40psi, rear passenger... hissing and at 20psi. Bingo, problem, checked the front, 40psi.

Bust out the hi-lift... it's busted. I have to use my multitool to manually move the plugs as I proceed the long process of jacking up the Jeep. A couple people on foot, not speaking a lick of english, ask if I need help but I respectfully decline (I do not want to injure them and be responsible, plus I have not idea if they know what they are doing or not). As I am still struggling with the hi-lift, a JK Rubicon drives by me and turns down the lot I am in and I am thinking, "great, someone who can give me a hand or at least ask 'what's up'"... no. He looks at me, hi-lift in hand, spare on the ground, and just drives off. It was then that I noticed his JK-Forum sticker on the side... c'mon man. This is why you guys have such a bad freaking rep, help a brother out. Plus, my JK is white, his was white, I had a 4" LA lift, he had a lift (2-3"?), I have 37's, he has 35's... very very similar, and yet he just drives on by...

I'll still stop for a fellow Jeeper and ask if they need any help, even if it looks like they have things under control, but at least offer it man. Nah, I'll just change my 37's on my own with a broken hi-lift, jackass.

douchebag me

BTW, this was an Achilles heel hit - missing the tread by half a centimeter, and this metal shard is about an inch wide and nearly wiggles... it's imbedded pretty damn deep.

Last edited by AZRob; 08-29-2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Picture added.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 107 Old 08-29-2012, 07:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to sniper41

He wouldn't have known how to help you anyway! But that is pretty crappy to do!!!!

Psst!

Doug 08 4dr X 6 spd Det Yellow
You are a load that should have been swallowed, but someone as bitter as you are probably would have been spat out. Ahh Dancin Dan
Jersey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 107 Old 08-29-2012, 07:45 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

What a shit head! I stopped to pull out a YJ that got stuck in the center median 40 miles past Blythe on the I-10. The driver went to turn around and help her friends and then got buried in the silt. I was an hour late for my plans due to the stop, but that is the right thing to do... That was pretty shitty of that dude to make eye contact and not stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 107 Old 08-29-2012, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper41 View Post
He wouldn't have known how to help you anyway! But that is pretty crappy to do!!!!

Psst!
I'm preeeetttty sure that was the case, given I didn't see a hi-lift on the hood or in the rear (maybe it was mounted on the inside, but I HIGHLY doubt it).
post #5 of 107 Old 08-29-2012, 09:25 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRob View Post
I'm preeeetttty sure that was the case, given I didn't see a hi-lift on the hood or in the rear (maybe it was mounted on the inside, but I HIGHLY doubt it).
Don't judge, my Hi-Lift is inside the passenger compartment of my 2 door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #6 of 107 Old 08-29-2012, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
What a shit head! I stopped to pull out a YJ that got stuck in the center median 40 miles past Blythe on the I-10. The driver went to turn around and help her friends and then got buried in the silt. I was an hour late for my plans due to the stop, but that is the right thing to do... That was pretty shitty of that dude to make eye contact and not stop.
Been there as well, I even pulled over (5 hours after this "incident") to assist a Prius that had its hazards on, open desert, and no one stopping to help them - of course, I was armed and felt "safe" to assist a Prius driver in the middle of the night, but AAA was on their way so I took the hint. Good citizen: check. Big Jeep offering help to a Prius owner: check, for the year
post #7 of 107 Old 08-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Rock God

He probably saw that you had it handled.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346302426.497973.jpg
Views: 2762
Size:  50.9 KB

But really people are pretty shitty about helping others out now. I stopped and helped a lady with a flat on I-10 a while ago she said she was there 30 mins without anyone offering to help.
post #8 of 107 Old 08-29-2012, 10:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sounds like that guy was just a lazy dick.

post #9 of 107 Old 08-29-2012, 11:04 PM
Rock God

First thing I learned about jeeps is that it's a brotherhood. You always help a fellow jeeper. Hell, always help anyone if you can. That's really eff'd up.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

check my site out

post #10 of 107 Old 08-29-2012, 11:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms5490renegade View Post
First thing I learned about jeeps is that it's a brotherhood. You always help a fellow jeeper. Hell, always help anyone if you can. That's really eff'd up.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
Yup. Always.

Even if you're completely inept with tools and have no idea what you're doin, guy might just need an extra set of hands on something before he's good to go. Won't know if you don't stop to ask. Might even learn something.

post #11 of 107 Old 08-30-2012, 04:24 AM
JKO Addict!

I'd have to be really busy not to offer help for a fellow modded Jeeper. Regardless of the forum!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #12 of 107 Old 08-30-2012, 04:29 AM
JKO Addict!

You must have had a banned product on your jeep and he was afraid that he would become a loser if he helped you out.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #13 of 107 Old 08-30-2012, 04:40 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
you just stopped cuz it was a chick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #14 of 107 Old 08-30-2012, 08:42 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
You must have had a banned product on your jeep and he was afraid that he would become a loser if he helped you out.

Haha, blacklisted for helping a JKOwner's member out...

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #15 of 107 Old 08-30-2012, 08:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

hahaha, yep he probably would have been of no help to you anyway.

A JKF group passed by our camp on the Swamp Lake trail 3 weeks ago, and all of them were built with 37s; we drank beer and watched them struggle to get over an easy obstacle for almost an hour - they couldn't drive, spot, and had no clue what they were doing; it was absolutely hilarious, especially considering that my club had bone stock JKs that climbed right over it. I went on a Pismo dunes run with JKF a couple years ago and was laughing my ass off because they insisted it was dangerous to back down the dunes if you didnt make it, so they spent all day winching people up dunes

Trust me, your better off helping yourself than getting any help from that group.
post #16 of 107 Old 08-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
hahaha, yep he probably would have been of no help to you anyway.

A JKF group passed by our camp on the Swamp Lake trail 3 weeks ago, and all of them were built with 37s; we drank beer and watched them struggle to get over an easy obstacle for almost an hour - they couldn't drive, spot, and had no clue what they were doing; it was absolutely hilarious, especially considering that my club had bone stock JKs that climbed right over it. I went on a Pismo dunes run with JKF a couple years ago and was laughing my ass off because they insisted it was dangerous to back down the dunes if you didnt make it, so they spent all day winching people up dunes

Trust me, your better off helping yourself than getting any help from that group.

surprised they didn't come over to jerk you guys off!

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

post #17 of 107 Old 08-30-2012, 09:17 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Remember when it didn't matter what internet forum you were a part of on the trail? At the mall? In the real world, period?

Remember when you helped people because it was the right thing to do?

Remember when you could pull up along someone on the side of the road who might need help and the first thing that went through your mind wasn't "what if this is a ploy to rob and kill me?"

post #18 of 107 Old 08-30-2012, 09:25 AM

cuz when I stop and step out at 6'4" wth a 45 strapped on side they usually change their mind about their ploy. Now some of you smaller fellas might have a problem.

Quote:
Quote:
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #19 of 107 Old 08-30-2012, 09:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I make my wife laugh all the time just by parking far away from the enternce at some store just so i can park next to another jeep let alone if they needed help that is some messed up chit

How I LEARNED TO STOP GIVING A SHIT AND LOVE MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE

Itís time to reevaluate the way we coddle the future generation. Making mistakes and getting hurt is how you grow. Teaching kids to fear Pop Tarts is how you promote xenophobia. Letís get it together, America.
post #20 of 107 Old 08-30-2012, 09:25 AM
Rock God

it's the way of fag to suck you off?

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

post #21 of 107 Old 08-30-2012, 09:28 AM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
cuz when I stop and step out at 6'4" wth a 45 strapped on side they usually change their mind about their ploy. Now some of you smaller fellas might have a problem.
LOL! Get out firing rounds into the air yelling "You need some help brother!?"

post #22 of 107 Old 08-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Rock God

Quote:
if youre 6'4 and carry, you need to go to church.

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

post #23 of 107 Old 08-30-2012, 09:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
LOL! Get out firing rounds into the air yelling "You need some help brother!?"
Ha Ha Ha

How I LEARNED TO STOP GIVING A SHIT AND LOVE MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE

Itís time to reevaluate the way we coddle the future generation. Making mistakes and getting hurt is how you grow. Teaching kids to fear Pop Tarts is how you promote xenophobia. Letís get it together, America.
post #24 of 107 Old 08-30-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluke the 2 View Post
if youre 6'4 and carry, you need to go to church.
Already went to church sweetie. The church of never trust anyone, anytime, anywhere.

Quote:
Quote:
post #25 of 107 Old 08-30-2012, 09:39 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

That sucks, even if I thought you had it covered I would at least ask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
Remember when it didn't matter what internet forum you were a part of on the trail? At the mall? In the real world, period?

Remember when you helped people because it was the right thing to do?

Remember when you could pull up along someone on the side of the road who might need help and the first thing that went through your mind wasn't "what if this is a ploy to rob and kill me?"
QFT

Quote:
The one hiding in the bushes doesn't care how tall you are.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode