Got the shaft from currie! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 79 Old 07-26-2012, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Got the shaft from currie!

I don't post on this site much but wanted to share my buying experience from currie. I ordered a front HP d60 and and rear LP d60 full float from them. A little over $12000 worth of axle to be exact. Took them 6 weeks to arrive no biggy threw them under the jeep set the toe in and drove to the alignment shop jeep pulled hard to the passenger side and had death wobble if I hit a bump going over 35mph I figured my toe in was out of wack.

Spent 8 hours at a alignment shop trying to set the castor when I first pulled on the rack driver side was 5.2 passenger side was 1.2 degrees of positive castor. The best I could get it was 7.2 on driver and 4.0 on passenger.

Come to find out my inner axle c on passenger side was welded on the axle tube wrong. It was way off I took a tape measure and measured from the ground to the bottom of the knuckle where the tie rod mounts and driver was 16 3/4" passenger was 15 3/4". I called currie told them my problem and told them I had a ride coming up at the end of the month they said no problem we will build you a complete new axle and ship it to you as soon as mine is shipped back. I'm thinking all is well.

Pulled the axle shipped it back to them on a Monday it arrived there on thursday I called them the following Tuesday because I have not heard anything. Garrett tells me they just got the axle and he is about the get right on it. I asked how long is it going to take to build one he informs me they are fixing mine ( more down time also was lied too) I said how are you going to go about fixing it he tells me they are just going to grind off the welds rotate the c and re weld. No re tube no new housing so I pretty much have a $7000 refurbished axle that's about to be shipped to me.

I would think after to cut and grind off all the weld and rotate the c a re weld this would weaken the axle tube. I asked currie about this they said no it will not make it weaker. Then he (David) tells me if I have any problems send it back.

I DON'T WANT TO SEND THE DAMN THING BACK AGAIN!

Note to self: I will never buy from currie again and it will be junkyard 1 tons from here on out.

And that ride I was supposed to make is this weekend my jeep still has no front end.

FLAME ON!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 79 Old 07-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Banned

Now that's some legit butthurt. A new axle is a new axle. Not a refurbished axle.

They going to work with you on the price? I assume you covered shipping back to them. Any refund heading your way?

post #3 of 79 Old 07-26-2012, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

They paid for shipping both ways. And no refund!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 79 Old 07-26-2012, 09:38 PM
Granite Guru

Grinding off and re-welding will not cause it any issues. If he hadn't told you you wouldn't have ever known.

Pretty weak that they aren't offering you some sort of a discount though.
post #5 of 79 Old 07-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

That's a big quality control issue.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 79 Old 07-27-2012, 02:22 AM
Rock God

Garage

That sucks to hear Vince after all that work you've been doing on that rig.
I heard a lot of bad things about there 60's and customer service so I stuck with the PR.
Hope they get it right this time!!!

You smell that?
post #7 of 79 Old 07-27-2012, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottenbelly View Post
That sucks to hear Vince after all that work you've been doing on that rig.
I heard a lot of bad things about there 60's and customer service so I stuck with the PR.
Hope they get it right this time!!!
Dynatrac almost had my business I just had to change my mind. I'm just ready to get the jeep back on the road at this point hopefully it will hold up just find I will find out that's for sure.
post #8 of 79 Old 07-27-2012, 03:31 AM
Rock God

Garage

I went currie's on my Jk
Had a handful of issues
To do it again I would've went dynatrac

95 Hemi YJ on Treps with a ton of cool custom work

*gone*09rubi unlimited Rock Krawler 5.5 long arm w/rrd Coilovers 37 Falken wildpeak's Currie 60's
post #9 of 79 Old 07-27-2012, 03:35 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

I would go junkyard if I do it again and save a lot of money and time too considering my situation
post #10 of 79 Old 07-27-2012, 05:39 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Don't they know and understand that continually having quality issues and customer complaints that it is just hurting their business?

I'm with ya on the refurbished axle thing. It doesn't matter if you would have never known if they hadn't told you. But the fact is they did tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #11 of 79 Old 07-27-2012, 06:28 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

That is a lot of money for axles. I wouldn't want the customer to think I wasn't making it 100% right after all this trouble. It is true that what they are saying about cutting and welding back on won't hurt the end product but it's not the way to do business. They should have pulled a new axle and made this right all the way. You bought not one but two complete axles from them. Mistakes happen and when they do get it right.

Sorry about your loss of time and headaches.
post #12 of 79 Old 07-27-2012, 07:48 AM
JKO Addict!

To many CS and quality complaints against currie recently for me
to consider them a future option.

I guess there is a real reason why dynatrac is so much more

2008 Black 2Dr 6spd D30/44
RK 2.5 X-Factor | Synergy tie rod | 35x12.5 MTRK's | BFH front | Genright rear | Yukon 5.13's | ARB front locker | Warn M8000 w/MasterPull synthetic | Rigid 10'' E-series
post #13 of 79 Old 07-27-2012, 08:07 AM
Granite Guru

All the CS complaints and QC problems lately is the reason I just went with Dynatrac Prorock 60s.
post #14 of 79 Old 07-28-2012, 06:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Dynatrac will lie to you too!

2014 Rubicon on the build!
post #15 of 79 Old 07-28-2012, 06:49 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKJK11 View Post
All the CS complaints and QC problems lately is the reason I just went with Dynatrac Prorock 60s.
I got front and rear 60's from Currie last year (ordered through Rebel) and I've had no issues with them at all. Sad to hear about everyone's problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RODICON View Post
Dynatrac will lie to you too!
Uh, oh. There's a story behind that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #16 of 79 Old 07-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Rock God

I have made myself pretty clear on Currie here. Every manufacturer has their issues, that said, the OP clearly ought to get some dough for the cost of R&R, palletizing, and shipping that axle. Reworking the existing axle is a non-issue IMO though.

I will be sending an email down to Currie about this matter and my intentions to stay engaged, so to speak. Welding a "C" on in this manner with all the jigs, tooling, and expertise of that at Currie Enterprises' disposal shouldn't happen. And, if it does, they had better get out the check book and make it right.

Summarily, if this situation does not find its way to total satisfaction by the OP, the Admin here really ought to think about stepping in and stepping up. OP, keep us posted here, demand fair compensation for your time and expenses. If you do not get reasonable compensation, I will be happy to start the shit-storm myself (and it will get messy and smelly - promise).
post #17 of 79 Old 07-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Rock God

sounds fucked up. and spending all that $$ man...

sometimes if you want things done right, you got to do them yourself. sad.

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

post #18 of 79 Old 07-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluke the 2 View Post
sounds fucked up. and spending all that $$ man...

sometimes if you want things done right, you got to do them yourself. sad.
It is even more fucked up than it sounds. I spoke to Currie today. I am going to withhold further comment until Black Lady posts up his take.
post #19 of 79 Old 07-30-2012, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Currie called me today and spoke with me my axle should be here tomorrow.

Told me that they would do whatever it takes to make me happy. They replaced the inner c just not the tube and guaranteed me the axle is just as sting as a standard rock jock 60.

Cjcraig7 feel free to speak up man
post #20 of 79 Old 07-30-2012, 03:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sounds like this is going to work out. That's what I want to hear with a company as big as Currie.
post #21 of 79 Old 07-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Rock God

i can understand the frustration and just wanting to drive it, but damn that's a lot of cash. sounds like currie is tight with revenue so they just fixed the c and shipped it back.

i'm not sure how that will impact the longevity of the axle but let us know how it goes. hopefully the alignments go better as well.

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

post #22 of 79 Old 07-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lady View Post
Told me that they would do whatever it takes to make me happy.

Cjcraig7 feel free to speak up man
Black Lady, if you are happy, that is all that matters in this place. I have a whole write-up that is sitting on my desk top that I wrote when I was none too happy. And I do not want to waste an outpouring of tempered rage on a HGTD or closed thread.

So, are you happy? IMO it is quite alright to take a few days to think about that question. Maybe once you got that front end back in and driving straight down the road - things will be clearer.

I will be around.
post #23 of 79 Old 07-30-2012, 06:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Man I sure hope this turns out to be a good closure on Currie's part. I bought a lift from them several months back and had a couple of issues that came up and after a few friendly phone calls things were taken care of without a problem.

Just last month I talked to them about my rear antirock needing to be a different style than the one they gave me and after they did a little research they told me they had made a mistake and sent the new parts out.

My CS has been pretty good so far but I know that while they have been in the middle of their move to the new building, things have been less than perfect. In their defense I am thinking they took on a little more than they could handle and instead of just digging into your problem it sounds like they tried to buy their time and did a poor job of following through. I guess the proof will be in the pudding when you try to align everything up. I know I got my fingers crossed.

The real thing here is that QC and CS should be paramount to these businesses and not something that the customer should have to monitor. I recently had some issues with another big player company and fortunately after a little effort on my part they have stepped up to the plate to amend things. This is all too common today and it makes one very cautious to trust anyone else. As long as they do right by you and ultimately stand behind their product then all is well that ends well.
post #24 of 79 Old 07-30-2012, 07:01 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M's View Post
This is all too common today and it makes one very cautious to trust anyone else. As long as they do right by you and ultimately stand behind their product then all is well that ends well.
Excellent Point M&M's!

But at the same time, I want to hear the full story regarding how these guys conduct their business practice.

Shops these days need to have top shelf customer service and quality control.

It pisses me off when they take shortcuts and you're out money to only fix what should have been perfect shit.

We got two rigs on 37's one with coilovers and both are going to 40's this year and looking at doing 60's so I want to hear what the fuck is going on......

Cali Crew

My Youtube Channel:

post #25 of 79 Old 07-30-2012, 07:23 PM
V8 dreams

Cjcraig7 has my curiousity...

And sorry for your troubles OP, I think I'd feel the same way. It'd be kinda like knowing your brand new motorcycle had been dropped, and fixed, before it ever hit the showroom floor.

It's still hard, for me at least, to ignore currie when dynatrac is so much more. But seems more and more bad press as of late

Vandy

2010 Silver JKU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode