Cherry Hill Jeep - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 04-04-2009, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Cherry Hill Jeep

Man, these people suck. I can handle the salesman who doesn't know dick about Jeeps. I alreadt knew which one I wanted and why I wanted it. I know what I wanted to pay. Hell, the only reason I went there was that they had the Sahara and a Rubiconin the colors and trim packages I wanted. Their idea of a free detail was an autowash, and not an ounce of interior cleaning. Frigging thing wasn't even chamoised dry. What they told me would take about a half hour - an hour tops - turned into 3.5 hours at the dealership.

Turns out my wife's key doesn't even open the Jeep, so they have to mail that one away and get it reprogrammed. Whatever.

Oh, and the 1/2 tank even though they had a line item for a full tank of gas on the car invoice? A voucher for $20 that involved two u turns on a 55mph road across 4 lanes of traffic. Bunch of douchenozzles.

Pass the word, these d=bags are worse than most.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 04-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Rock God

I feel ya. Add to that list Magnussen in Auburn, CA. Picked mine up with like 27 miles on it, covered in dust. They said their storage facillity (ordered from factory, had it sent there) was a few miles up the road in a dirt lot. OK sure, its a Jeep, Not TOO mad about not washing it.

So happy to get in and drive away didnt even look at the fuel guage. Few miles down the highway heading back home and DING. Low fuel light came on. Bastages gave it to me with about 1/8 tank.

They misplaced the 2nd key so I only have 1. I should have been more pushy but I just wanted the key and to get the heck out of there.

They were trying like hell to push me into their shop to buy some Mopar acc's for it too. Would not go there again even just for a free oil change.

nah nah nah nah nah nah, I made you eat your parents - E.Cartman
post #3 of 26 Old 04-05-2009, 05:56 AM
Rock God

I got my mine from Family Jeep in Chadd's Ford, PA. Not bad at all. The guy I dealt with was more of the hands off type of salesman which worked for me since I wanted what I wanted. Then of course you deal with the manager, finance guy, and aftermarket guy. Why do they do that. Yes - I know why but still .

Anyway Dan - YOU GOT YOUR JEEP!!!! All is good.

Ron - 2010 Wrangler JK Sport 4dr - Dark Charcoal
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" Jimmy Buffet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 04-05-2009, 06:06 AM
Granite Guru

Every time I have ever bought a vehicle I knew more than the salesman. I could never understand it. If thats what you do all day why would you not know everything about that particular car or Jeep. Thats why nowadays I just go in and tell em what I want and talk to them like they are the idiots. But I will say I just got my 09 at Seaview Jeep near Asbury Park, Dirty Jersey. They were pretty good. And they claim they are the biggest Wrangler dealership on the East Coast or the country. Have over a 100 Wranglers on the lot.
post #5 of 26 Old 04-05-2009, 06:09 AM
Wheeler

I feel for you.... dealt with that on previous vehicles.... but happy to say I had no problems buying my Jeep... I knew what I wanted and wanted tp pay... Pomoco in VA had what I wanted... gave more than I expected on trade... sold the jeep for less than I was expecting to pay.... took about an hour and a half from yes I'll buy to out the door (40 or so min was cleaning "properly" and filling up the gas tank)

Service dept is even better.... had a broken steering damper... replaced it in 20 min

Only 2 people willingly gave their lives for you.... Jesus Christ and the American Soldier...

2008 Rubicon Unlimited.. still stock
post #6 of 26 Old 04-05-2009, 07:06 AM
Rock God

Garage

I went to Cherry Hill Jeep when I was looking for my JK and I have to say that the salesman was a d-bag and didn't know the jeep from a kia. He tried telling me that the 2dr x was the most capable and that the rubicon wasn't anything special, he didn't even know it had lockers or sway bar disconnect. Whats fun about sales people that don't know much is just to mess with them to let them know how dumb they are. You would think that in order to sell a car you should at least know what you are talking about before you open your mouth.

aka- Brian

08' JKU on 38's... parted out and SOLD
13' JKU Rubi... On HOLD, 04' LJ to suppliment
Rise and Rise Again Until Lambs Become Lions
post #7 of 26 Old 04-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Granite Guru

My salesman (after I purchased) wanted to show me a few things on the Jeep before sending me off. He opened the tailgate and got down on his knees and started looking under the rear end. I asked him what he was looking for. He replied, "the spare tire is under here somewhere". I about fell over with disbelief.

2008 Rescue Green Unlimited Sahara
TF LA 3"
37" GY MT/R's
Manual/4.88's
post #8 of 26 Old 04-05-2009, 01:24 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Fortunately, my salesman wasn't too dimwitted and since this wasn't my first Jeep there really wasn't much for him to explain. Unfortunately, that dealership is no longer in business. That put an end to my free state inspections.

MikeP

post #9 of 26 Old 04-05-2009, 03:13 PM
JKO Addict!

My dealer, Corwin Churchill Motors has treated me and my family right. Salesman tried getting us into a more expensive Grand Cherokee, but knew that we wanted what we wanted. Detailing sucks, need to fill tanks on preowned's, but still a good place to blow your money.

jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, project-jk, jeep JK, JK wrangler, JK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec W View Post
Maybe we should all post the thing? He prolly won't ban us all. You go first Dave
post #10 of 26 Old 04-05-2009, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otnoc311 View Post
I went to Cherry Hill Jeep when I was looking for my JK and I have to say that the salesman was a d-bag and didn't know the jeep from a kia. He tried telling me that the 2dr x was the most capable and that the rubicon wasn't anything special, he didn't even know it had lockers or sway bar disconnect. Whats fun about sales people that don't know much is just to mess with them to let them know how dumb they are. You would think that in order to sell a car you should at least know what you are talking about before you open your mouth.

Man, does THAT ever sound familiar. Lil bald dude named Sal, maybe? My wife was asking questions during the whole test drive. Dancin Dan: 20 Douchenozzle Salescritter: 0 He didn't even know what the disconnect for the sway bar was. I even called him out on his sales techniques. Ask about 8 or 9 questions that I'll definitely answer yes to, and then ask if we can go get the deal done. Whadda Dumbass.

Quote:
Anyway Dan - YOU GOT YOUR JEEP!!!! All is good.

WERD.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #11 of 26 Old 04-05-2009, 05:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Send a message via Yahoo to thaduke2003

I gotta say as a salesman at a Jeep store, I HATED having other sales people around when they would try to sell Jeeps- I would hear SO much false (usually bred from ignorance) information and it'd drive me nuts. Now I've pretty much got the Jeep store locked down, and I'm a happy pig in poo. Now I just have to learn why the crap people WANT Compasses and Patriots when they can get a Wrangler for the same $ Silly rabbits.
One thing, in defense of some of the dummkoffs I work with/am associated with- yes, it is our job to know our products, BUT:
A. We can't know everything about EVERY model and submodel- there are TONS of options packages and such that sometimes change two or three times in a year.
B. It is a VERY high-turnaround job, so many guys are new.
C. Many salespeople are more in it for the sales, not the cars (a.k.a. they're not enthusiasts, which, to me, is stupid, but hey... )
D. When you go into a dealership, you (the consumer) tend to have done a lot of research on exactly what you want, down to the options in each package. You may very well catch a salesperson who knows a lot about, say, Liberty, and start nailing them on Wrangler.

Anywho, I just hope I get to keep selling Jeep for a LONG time to come 'cause I LOVE IT!!! Cheers- Mark W.
post #12 of 26 Old 04-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulewhisperer View Post
My salesman (after I purchased) wanted to show me a few things on the Jeep before sending me off. He opened the tailgate and got down on his knees and started looking under the rear end. I asked him what he was looking for. He replied, "the spare tire is under here somewhere". I about fell over with disbelief.

Only 2 people willingly gave their lives for you.... Jesus Christ and the American Soldier...

2008 Rubicon Unlimited.. still stock
post #13 of 26 Old 04-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post

I even called him out on his sales techniques. Ask about 8 or 9 questions that I'll definitely answer yes to, and then ask if we can go get the deal done. Whadda Dumbass.
I love the look on their faces when you say "NO". Almost immediately out of my salesman's mouth... " How about I get the keys and you take it for a ride?" Me... "Nah, don't want to." The look on his face was priceless. In his defense he seemed fairly new, but you could see in his eyes that he was scrambling to mentally go over his training manual and movie. I kept saying no... he called over his boss....I said no some more.... then I told him what I wanted, what I wanted to pay and then asked them if they could " get my deal done." Had my JK the next day. ( Had to get it from another dealer) They really need to get a new training program.

In the dealership's defense , they have taken really good care of me since I bought my Jeep.
post #14 of 26 Old 04-06-2009, 03:57 AM
JKO Addict!

^ I went through that training a long time ago, and threw most of it out the window. The best way to sell a car to MOST people (people who know what they want) is to talk to them like people, not money you want to put in your pocket. Most people know the car they want, the color they want, and the options they want, and the car is already sold. You just have to show them why they should buy it HERE, and from YOU, vs. the guy down the street.
I always used to get ripped on by my manager for now following the "steps" at Nissan (part of why I went back to wrenching when I left), yet I had higher gross and more return customers than any other salesman. Hmm
Keeping people happy is more the name of the game these days, not beating people over the head- as I said above, most people are too educated to treat them like dummies as many dealerships used to in the past- Mark W.
post #15 of 26 Old 04-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Granite Guru

The first dealership I went to because I was driving by on Christmas was Manahawkin, Jersey and saw the 4 dr silver Rubicon. Well dumbasses told me employee pricing ended. Went on Jeep website and saw that it was still going on and even called Jeep to confirm. Called back Dealership and they were like uhhhhh well we didnt know. WHAT THE F**K. How do you not know what incentives are going on. Needless to say thats when I went to Seaview. AND that Rubi is still sitting on their lot. Oh and I shouldve known not to even deal with them. A couple years ago they rotated my tires and when drove away the wheel fell off. Hahaha I guess thats why they arent "5 star". But then again thats a joke too.

09 Unlimited Silver Rubicon
Riddler Diff covers
Pro Comp 7005 17x9
35" BFG KM2s
AEV ProCal
MBRP black exhaust
Clayton 4.5 lift
Bilstein 5100 shocks
5.38 gears
Woods 1310 driveshafts
post #16 of 26 Old 04-06-2009, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Banned

LOL

Some great stories in there. Glad I ain't the only one who hates these lowlifes - Present Jeeper salesmen not included, of course.

It's just amazinf to me that these people can make a living at it, and be so terrible at their jobs. Got me thinking that I might want to head over to my local dealership and start selling these puppies. They gotta make SOME kinda commission on them, right?

post #17 of 26 Old 04-06-2009, 10:38 AM
JKO Addict!

Hah- thanks, Dan.
The industry could always use more knowledgeable people. Right now, there's not much $ in Jeep due to EPP (Employee Pricing Plus), but I still made $632.20 last week- not terrible, for a tiny dealership. It's worth looking into, if you're in the market for a job- Mark W.
post #18 of 26 Old 04-06-2009, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Garage

Cherry Hill.. LMAO!

SHHhhhhhhhhh... don't tell anyone but I was born in South Jersey... Rancocas Woods to be exact.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #19 of 26 Old 04-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
Cherry Hill.. LMAO!

SHHhhhhhhhhh... don't tell anyone but I was born in South Jersey... Rancocas Woods to be exact.
ahh that explains some things eh Jersey Boy

Ron - 2010 Wrangler JK Sport 4dr - Dark Charcoal
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" Jimmy Buffet

post #20 of 26 Old 04-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven0319 View Post
I love the look on their faces when you say "NO". Almost immediately out of my salesman's mouth... " How about I get the keys and you take it for a ride?" Me... "Nah, don't want to." The look on his face was priceless. In his defense he seemed fairly new, but you could see in his eyes that he was scrambling to mentally go over his training manual and movie. I kept saying no... he called over his boss....I said no some more.... then I told him what I wanted, what I wanted to pay and then asked them if they could " get my deal done." Had my JK the next day. ( Had to get it from another dealer) They really need to get a new training program.

In the dealership's defense , they have taken really good care of me since I bought my Jeep.
You guys crack me up. Sales tactics have changed to keep you guessing. You bought a car didn't you? Sounds like it worked to me. You fell into a classic sales technique.

Auto sales have been the same for years. You have to not know it isa a tatic for it to work. The sales person does not even know he is a pawn. The numbers at the end of the month prove it all.

You walked into what they sometimes call a "mouse house". YOu gotta understand amost people act like that and say "no" in a deffensive way all day long on a Jeep lot or also Fords. They would go out of buisness if they couldn'tt sell to somebody acting like that

I miss selling cars sometimes and it cracks me up to hear peoples story of how THEY bought a car and were not sold

Last edited by WTF_LOL; 04-06-2009 at 12:14 PM.
post #21 of 26 Old 04-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to WTF_LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaduke2003 View Post
Hah- thanks, Dan.
The industry could always use more knowledgeable people.
A proven fact in sales...more knowedgeable sales people "NORMALLY" have fewer new sales then the sales people that don't know a thing. In addition, the less knowledgeable sales people almost always gross more per sale then the more knowledgeable
post #22 of 26 Old 04-07-2009, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF_LOL View Post
A proven fact in sales...more knowedgeable sales people "NORMALLY" have fewer new sales then the sales people that don't know a thing. In addition, the less knowledgeable sales people almost always gross more per sale then the more knowledgeable

WTF LOL - sad, but true. That was a comment, not addressing ya

Almost forgot to add - The Douchenozzle salesman calls tonight right as I'm sitting down to dinner. In addition to almost selling me the wrong vehicle (incorrect VIN on contract) and all of the other BS we dealt with, turns out that they effed up even more paperwork than I previously thought. Now he wants me to get my insurance company to fax over paperwork with my wife's maiden name on it.

Pretty much told him to go eff himself. Be a big boy and call him yourself, yu fackknackle.

Last edited by Dancin Dan; 04-07-2009 at 08:41 PM.
post #23 of 26 Old 04-14-2009, 06:06 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to njjk08

I won't deal with Cherry Hill. I'm scared to hear about Seaview Jeep though. Mizz seems like he has a pretty crappy experience there. I've gotten 4 jeeps from Seaview. They aren't the best but they dont' really hassle me so I'm happy with that. I got my second JK from Lakewood (only cause Seaview didn't have it in stock) which was remarkably a decent experience. I'm scared of the North Jersey dealers. I went way up north to "autoland" for my first Jk. I called up checked the inventory. Made sure the one I wanted was there. Made sure they were gonna give me the employee pricing incentive. Then I drove 1.5 hours to get there only to find out they wanted to charge me almost $5k more for the jeep that I just told them to hold for me. JACKASSES. I usually let things go but I called the BBB on them and they called back offering me a great deal on the jeep but I refused to purchase anything off them.. Even if it was practially free.

Chris.....

Building a BIGGER and BETTER Jeep
post #24 of 26 Old 04-14-2009, 09:08 AM
JKO Addict!

Wow. This is why I like being one of the "Good" sales poeple who actually know the cars, and let people buy cars from me rather than sell them a car
And I totally understand- it took me SEVEN Honda dealerships before I bought my '04 Si when I was in college in RI. I was taking it to the beach THAT DAY if I could, so I was in board shorts, a t-shirt, and sandals. 2 places said no test drives in sandals- each time, I said I was driving barefoot anyway, but they still said no. 2 places said no test drives if you're under 25. One place said they didn't allow customers to test drive manual transmission vehicles for "liability reasons." #6 finally let me drive, and then the sales dope says, "Now, come back with your folks (I was 19 and I look young) when you want them to buy you this car."
At that point in my life, I'd been running my own business for two years, and had cleared the $70k income point according to the IRS that year. I can swing $17,500 for a car. Showed him the check his dealership WOULDN'T be getting
Finally, #7, I asked to test drive anyway, just to see. He tossed me the keys, and hopped in the back so my girl could ride next to me. He never ONCE mentioned a thing, and just let me talk. He saw I knew what I wanted, knew the car, and was going to buy, and just let me buy the car, instead of trying to sell me something I was already sold on. We went back inside, sat down, and I said get your pen sharpened and let's rock. By now, it was 3 PM, and no way was the car getting delivered tonight. He let me take it to the beach anyway after we did all the paperwork, and I brought her to the beach that day on a dealer tag! Came in first thing the next morning to get her detailed, floor mats, and finish everything up. That's the guy that made me want to be a salesman.
Before I left, I wrote out a check to cash for $500. I got up, put it on the desk and said, "I'm going to put this down here. I'm going to the bathroom. If it's still there when I get back, I'm tearing it up." Went to the bathroom, came back, and the check was gone. I looked at him, and asked, "where'd that check go?" "What check?" Good man! I sent him a lot of business over the next few years- Mark W.
post #25 of 26 Old 04-14-2009, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Banned

AAAAAnd the Douchenozzle extravaganze continues...
Now they're giving me shiat about the wife's name being different between her DL and the ins.

Bad news is I can't register it in PA until they get their shiat together. I believe a call to the BBB is now in order. This is just getting stupid.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode