Rigid Industries - Phone Service. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Rigid Industries - Phone Service.

You guys all know I never post here normally, but I felt this was worth the heads up.

Before I begin, I buy Rigid now because -
A.) They look great and perform well.
B.) They are nearly indestructible.
C.) Quality.
D.) Under the impression that they will stand behind their products.

That last part is where I am a little bummed out.

I ordered and received a set of Dually Spots yesterday. The box was immaculate and sealed. The lights were clean and new. Bench tested each one immediately and noticed that one of the lights had an utterly shitty culmination pattern. the focus of the light was down and to the left holding it straight pointing at a flat surface. FUCK! Naturally, I get on the phone and call them. This is at around 4 p.m. and they are local so I know they aren't closed. Get the receptionist and ask for tech support figuring that maybe they can give me a run down on things to check before dragging my ass down to Mesa to exchange that one in person. The guy in Tech Support immediately defends the quality of the lights they sell when I explain what I have and ask if he has seen this before. I was put off by his lack of interest in solving this little problem. Seriously, it felt like he just didn't really care just by the tone in his voice. STOP! In my opinion, a 200 dollar set of lights is not a "budget" purchase and this kind of shit supposedly isn't the norm for these guys, right? So why the lack of concern? Anyways, I ask him if they can take a look at the light on Thursday since he clearly wasn't interested in supporting the product over the phone which is his job. He pauses and then tells me that I will need to speak to the Warranty Dept. before anything can be done. Okay, I get that. So he transfers me over to the warranty dept and I get a voicemail box. I leave a very detailed description of the problem and my information thinking that I will get a call back shortly. NOPE!

Fast forward to today. It's now almost 10:30 and still haven't heard back from them. If these lights are so fucking great and well built, that guy should have cob webs on his handset there on his desk. I mean, he should be clammering to speak to a real customer since he is so bored due to the insane quality standards and product integrity. So meanwhile, I am all geared up last night to put the new lights on where the Hella's used to sit. I get curious and decide to investigate the bum light. Took the hex bolts out of the retainer ring, pull the lens and reflector and out comes a piece of casting plastic. I put it all back together and WOW, the pattern is back to normal. The reflector was being held up by some debris.

My rant really revolves around the Tech support guy and the lack of follow through. I have seen in the past where Rigid has sold diffused lenses and helped people change the lens over the phone. The light is so simple to disassemble and inspect, that tech guy could have suggested what I figured out on my own. He and I could have solved the issue over the phone and had a happy customer without possible fear of voiding a warranty since he was giving the green light to pull it apart. Let's be honest, if you're installing a set of lights, you can handle six hex bolts. Instead it was just a pass off move that left me in limbo. That really pisses me off. Then the lack of return phone call so far... I just expected more from such a prestige company in this community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Banned

So you fixed the problem for them and then you got mad when they didn't call to congratulate you on your latest victory?
Those fuckin assholes.

post #3 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Haha! No Dan, that's my point, if someone had gotten ahold of me in a timely fashion or assisted in the first place I would have waited to celebrate. Patience isn't my strong suite, especially when it comes to working in a hot garage more than I have to when I expect something to work out of the box. I'm okay with waiting when i'm acknowledged or handled in a timely fashion as are most people. I'm betting money they see this before they call me back... Just a hunch.

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Isn't Rigid based right there in Mesa? Why didn't you just drive over there and get your point across face to face. Nothing like a customer at the front counter. It is really hard to blow you off then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #5 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
Isn't Rigid based right there in Mesa? Why didn't you just drive over there and get your point across face to face. Nothing like a customer at the front counter. It is really hard to blow you off then.
Probably what I should have done, but, a phone call is good courtesy. Plus, i'm not 100% that they allow walk in business or have a retail shop. Not driving all the way across town to be told to send it back to the retail channel where they were purchased.

Quote:
post #6 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Well, nearly a day after calling for help they got back to me and weren't very apologetic about the situation with poor assembly of that light or the fact that I had to troubleshoot it myself. They still make a quality light but I will probably just reserve myself to the concept that unless I have a bad diode or a DOA unit i'll just deal with it myself like I did yesterday which sucks. Kind of a let down. Not even a sorry for taking so long to simply call you back.

Quote:
post #7 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Well, nearly a day after calling for help they got back to me and weren't very apologetic about the situation with poor assembly of that light or the fact that I had to troubleshoot it myself. They still make a quality light but I will probably just reserve myself to the concept that unless I have a bad diode or a DOA unit i'll just deal with it myself like I did yesterday which sucks. Kind of a let down. Not even a sorry for taking so long to simply call you back.
Wait.. wut?

They called you back "nearly a day" later.. after you called them at 4pm the day before..

Fuckin'a man, thats pretty damn quick IYAM.

°lllll°

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook Page
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube Channel
post #8 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
Wait.. wut?

They called you back "nearly a day" later.. after you called them at 4pm the day before..

Fuckin'a man, thats pretty damn quick IYAM.

Not really, just to tell me yes or no on bringing it back to them 20 miles away? Wasn't a life or death question that required major debate. For as much money as these guys are making on these lights now that they've invented the wheel, a day seems a bit long to me. They could have more than three people handling these issues internationally so I don't have to leave voicemail for a simple yes or no question. Seeing how they couldn't assist me over the phone at the tech support level. Maybe that's the problem these days, everything is in stasis due to electronic convenience aids like text messaging, e-mail, and voicemail. Maybe i'm spoiled now dealing with guys like Marcus, Jason, Alec, and Christian that answer a phone when you call and call you back same day if you need help. It just speaks volumes about how a company operates when they hire a receptionist and put up voicemail boxes to mitigate those nasty, bothersome customers...

Quote:
post #9 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

I'm sure some of you might feel this is petty in a sense. I just expect a little better service than WalMart when buying the Ferrari of offroad lighting.

Quote:
post #10 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Coonasian

Garage

If these companies hire Jeep guys, they are sure to have a percentage of fuck ups. Glad you got it sorted on your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW
I love Walmart. Cheap shit, guns, knives, ammo, oil, chemicals, the biggest rubber selection I've ever seen and I always wondered how they could keep their prices so low and pay all the "entertainers" in the stores.

"Everything you never wanted to know about Cockatoos!" :
post #11 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 02:24 PM
Rock God

i have one RI Dually that fills with moisture after each time i wash the jeep.
Dont think its normal.
i just had to open it up and reseal it.

09' White JKU Rubicon with some stuff
post #12 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85xlt View Post
i have one RI Dually that fills with moisture after each time i wash the jeep.
Dont think its normal.
i just had to open it up and reseal it.
They redesigned the Dually, the spots I received have a completely different housing than my floods which are about a year older. The floods have the cord exit at back of the housing where the new spots have the cord exit the bottom and there is a breather on the bottom next to the cord so there must have been a problem with the original design to prompt a whole new housing...

Quote:
post #13 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Rock God

Quote:
I'm sure some of you might feel this is petty in a sense.
Really, who cares what others think. It is your hard earn dough. Now, me, when vendors or products piss me off, I throw more shit and drop more F-bombs that Doc. Others decide to come here and talk about it. Whatever floats your boat man.

What is not good is when someone with an Admin or Mod label come in and criticizes a nobody like you, me or someone else and gets a pass.

So, here is to you for bitchin', pissing, moaning and entertaining the rest of us that ain't got anything better to do. Hit or Stub, if you don't like the post in DL - level the ban hammer or just STFU because what you are doing is causing members to be selectively sensored. Go babysit For Sale or Mod Tech or just do something constructive somewhere.
post #14 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcraig7 View Post
Really, who cares what others think. It is your hard earn dough. Now, me, when vendors or products piss me off, I throw more shit and drop more F-bombs that Doc. Others decide to come here and talk about it. Whatever floats your boat man.

What is not good is when someone with an Admin or Mod label come in and criticizes a nobody like you, me or someone else and gets a pass.

So, here is to you for bitchin', pissing, moaning and entertaining the rest of us that ain't got anything better to do. Hit or Stub, if you don't like the post in DL - level the ban hammer or just STFU because what you are doing is causing members to be selectively sensored. Go babysit For Sale or Mod Tech or just do something constructive somewhere.
I'll let you know when I care WTF you think.

I am a member here just like anyone else.. and if I want to say that bitching that it took less than 24 hours for someone to call you back is dumb, thats what I will say.

If I was in here to "mod" it, i would have... otherwise, I am just another juror in the court of public opinion.

Live by the sword.. and die by it.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #15 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Whoa Hit, hold on a second. Sending out a light that is supposed to bench tested for optical precision before it leaves only to have poor housekeeping mess up a light is dumb. Then not being able to resolve the issue when the customer calls in to get resolution regarding something that slipped through their testing is dumb. I am pointing out that I shouldn't have to wait "less than a day" to get a simple answer on how to resolve the issue when I called DURING business hours. End of story. Maybe you like getting jerked off by people, I do not. I have other things to do with my time and getting sub standard product from a top end manufacturer is unacceptable only to be given the run around when I call in. Soon enough Hit, when you have little pitter patter feet running around taking away your free time and money you will know why time is too valuable to have shit like this happen when you opt for the best to avoid shit like this. I have limited opportunities to make changes to my Jeep and when shit like this happens I get fucking pissed because I didn't buy a cheap chinese LED light. If I did, this thread wouldn't exist.

Quote:

Last edited by JKCTAZ; 07-18-2012 at 03:43 PM.
post #16 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Whoa Hit, hold on a second. Sending out a light that is supposed to bench tested for optical precision before it leaves only to have poor housekeeping mess up a light is dumb. Then not being able to resolve the issue when the customer calls in to get resolution regarding something that slipped through their testing is dumb. I am pointing out that I shouldn't have to wait "less than a day" to get a simple answer on how to resolve the issue when I called DURING business hours. End of story. Maybe you like getting jerked off by people, I do not. I have other things to do with my time and getting sub standard product from a top end manufacturer is unacceptable only to be given the run around when I call in. Soon enough Hit, when you have little pitter patter feet running around taking away your free time and money you will know why time is too valuable to have shit like this happen when you opt for the best to avoid shit like this. I have limited opportunities to make changes to my Jeep and when shit like this happens I get fucking pissed because I didn't buy a cheap chinese LED light. If I did, this thread wouldn't exist.
I didnt say anything about your issue with the light..

What I am referring to is this..

Quote:
I am not sure who you are used to dealing with.. but that is pretty damn good in my experience.

So ok, I will walk a mile in your shoes..

I get my light and I bench test it and its fawked. I take/send it back to wherever I got it from and get a new one. Fucking with an electrical part that will most likely void my warranty wouldnt be an option for me.

I am not sure what you wanted the CS guy to do... If I were the CS I would have been nice, apologized for your inconvience and told you to take it back to where you bought it for a replacement.. maybe sent you a hat or shirt or something...

Was your CS guy a dick.. maybe.. I dunno.. thats not what I was commenting about either.

Shit happens.. the DL is the place to come when no one cleaned up the shit.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #17 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Rock God

Quote:
I'll let you know when I care WTF you think.
You must care WTF I think or you wouldn't have responded butthurt so quickly.

You come into these threads swinging away with that sword on a personal level, then you too will be living by it like the rest of us.

If you don't like the way DL is going, then change it. You have the power to do that don't you?
post #18 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 03:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Should of bought......

Ahh fuck it. Forums are great. Go drink a beer.
post #19 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

I get what you're saying Hit, I do. However, it still hasn't been cleaned up by them. I fixed my own damn light and the warranty guy, "David", that called me back today said the following. "Hey, I just got your message so what's going on? Oh. Well, glad you fixed it.... -silence- " Seriously, he was glad I fixed it... YaY! I'm glad too.

How should that have gone?

"Hey, it's David from Rigid. Sorry to hear about your new light, oh, you fixed it? Well, Chris, we stand behind our product and want you to be happy. You said you're local, bring it down and we'll look at it anyways and if it doesn't meet our standards we'll warranty it. Once again, sorry. "

Dude, this is not my first trip to the rodeo and I expect "A" game when dealing with star companies. What I received from the time I opened the box until 12:53 this afternoon was maybe "C" game...

Quote:
post #20 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Rock God

Garage

lol....fuck.....where in the hell is my popcorn.....

p.s. glad the light issue (in the end) was a simple fix (regardless of your customer service experience, or lack of, or....ya know.... )

post #21 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcraig7 View Post
You must care WTF I think or you wouldn't have responded butthurt so quickly.

You come into these threads swinging away with that sword on a personal level, then you too will be living by it like the rest of us.

If you don't like the way DL is going, then change it. You have the power to do that don't you?
huh?

Last thing I get here is teh ButHurt... I know better than that.

We all here live by the sword.. every member here is held to its edge.. myself included. If I do dumb shit, that blade will slice me just like anyone else. Ask Camo.

All of us have the power to change a direction of a thread.. I admit, because of my horny green star it may appear that it carries more weight.. but in reality it doesn't. I call it like I see it just like you and everyone else does... and more often than not people see shit differently.

We don't delete DL threads or intentionally steer them or "protect" anyone be it a member or vendor.. the most we do is lock a thread after it has been deemed resolved or by the request of the OP. Other than that, they stand as is, where is.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #22 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Cjcraig, thanks for your kind words and stepping up. Hit, you know I ain't got nuttin but love for ya. But both of you need to shut the fuck up and get out of my thread unless you have something to add regarding the vendor in question.

Quote:
post #23 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Garage

I will also add that I have 4 duallys on the front of my tow bitch and one of them constantly fogs up after a good rain..

Think I should call Rigid and ask for David?

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #24 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Rock God

Quote:
huh?

Last thing I get here is teh ButHurt... I know better than that.

We all here live by the sword.. every member here is held to its edge.. myself included. If I do dumb shit, that blade will slice me just like anyone else. Ask Camo.

All of us have the power to change a direction of a thread.. I admit, because of my horny green star it may appear that it carries more weight.. but in reality it doesn't. I call it like I see it just like you and everyone else does... and more often than not people see shit differently.

We don't delete DL threads or intentionally steer them or "protect" anyone be it a member or vendor.. the most we do is lock a thread after it has been deemed resolved or by the request of the OP. Other than that, they stand as is, where is.
My sword is back in my sheath, thank you for the clarification.

But, in these instances your green star carries more weight than you think. I know you are wise enough to know that. My goal - get you to give it more consideration when someone is out cash.

I am still pissed that Stub called that dude out last week, then promptly closed the thread. That did change the dynamic of that thread.
post #25 of 42 Old 07-18-2012, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
I will also add that I have 4 duallys on the front of my tow bitch and one of them constantly fogs up after a good rain..

Think I should call Rigid and ask for David?
Yeah dude, when you finally talk to him he'll hook you up!

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode