F - YOU. UPS! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 Old 07-13-2012, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

F - YOU. UPS!

I loathe when a shipper, say UPS, (no really, UPS) takes my money, and tells me my shipment will be here on Wednesday, 07/11/2012. Then, after being picked-up on Monday, 07/09/2012, changes the estimated delivery date to Thursday, 07/12/2012... But OK, I can live with that.

But wait! At 1635 on Thursday, 07/12/2012, I call to make sure it'll be here by 1700, and I'm told, "No, sir, that is considered a rural delivery, and we only make that trip every other week. It will be there Wednesday, 07/25/2012."

But wait! When I inquire about me driving the 150 miles to pick it up, I'm told, by the dock manager, that, "the dock workers are all off until Monday (07/16/2012). There is no possible way I could have it available for pick-up until Monday afternoon at the earliest."

So, let me get this straight... You miss your estimated delivery date BY TWO FUCKING WEEKS, and then you fuck-around before getting back to me (just got off the phone with him @ 1345 Friday, 07/13/2012) so long that you can't even let me come pick my shit up until FIVE (5) days after the date that I was originally told it would be arriving by?

Oh, and just in case you're wondering, when I track my shipment on UPS.com, yeah, it still tells me it's estimated delivery date is Thursday before close of business, 07/12/2012.... IT'S ALREADY FUCKING FRIDAY, 07/13/2012!

It's really too bad I can't run my business like that. Hell my life would be a whole-fucking-lot easier if I could tell someone I was going to have them a piece of equipment on Wednesday, then allow them to come pick it up the Monday following that Wednesday, or deliver it to them two weeks later...

FUCK YOU, UPS.

Rant over.

But I swear to every God that has ever existed, the day I ship anything UPS, ever again, will be the day that it would cost me over $1000 more to have it shipped any other way. I won't give these sorry motherfuckers another DIME of my money. I'm canceling my account right after this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 Old 07-13-2012, 12:12 PM
JKowners Vendor

WOW... it was none of our shipments was it? Yeah, I have had "words" with them before!

-Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #3 of 62 Old 07-13-2012, 12:14 PM
VKS Fab

Fuckin sucks! Hope you get it squared away. I know you wanted to get that put on.

Handmade One At A Time

GIVE US A CALL 559-392-3145
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 62 Old 07-13-2012, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Actually, no, it was the Evo Corners and Tire Carrier that I got from JK Vick. I'm still on hold, now with my 3rd supervisor at UPS, trying to get this resolved. I have, little hope for anything being actually accomplished...
post #5 of 62 Old 07-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Administrator

Garage

Damn.. where the hell do you live.. lol

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #6 of 62 Old 07-13-2012, 12:31 PM
JKowners Vendor

WOW. Did he end up shipping it frieght with a pallet? They can be a pain...

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
post #7 of 62 Old 07-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Owner: TWF

We gave ups the middle finger and now use fedex. Much better.

TWF Double Beadlock wheels, Pitbull Tires Vendor, Raceline Wheels Vendor, Marsh Racing Wheels Vendor, Poison Spyder Vendor, Custom Splice Winch Rope Vendor, Cheap LED Light Bars
post #8 of 62 Old 07-13-2012, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

It's coming to La Grange... While this isn't a thriving metropolis, by any means, it is a pretty dirty oil town. I see UPS Freight trucks pass by here 8 or 10 times a day.

Now, the Dock Manager at UPS Austin just told me that, not only will it be 07/25/2012, that's just the EARLIEST it could be. If they get too much "non-rural freight" between now and then, it will be bumped an additional two weeks!

What a fucking joke...

I've never had any kind of issue like this, before - and I've been involved in businesses that shipped 2500-3000 packages/pallets A DAY, before! However, we used FedEx for everything... I can see why, now.

And Jason, yes to freight, no to a pallet. Everything together only weighs 155-pounds. Everyone at every shipper I talked to told me there was no need to palletize it, and it would be cheaper to ship loose/wrapped.

Last edited by Wiggles; 07-13-2012 at 01:39 PM. Reason: To answer Jason's question, too.
post #9 of 62 Old 07-13-2012, 02:06 PM
Granite Guru

At least your not bitchin the seller out
Last year i shipped 5 33in tires ups to kerrville with the same results,tires were in texas in 2 days but took 10 more to get deliverd. The customer wanted me to reimburse him the shipping + give him a discount on the tires.
You all must be in BFE

Full service jeep shop , Dealer for PITBULL TIRES, ORI, TERAFLEX ,RUFFSTUFF, ROUGH COUNTRY, SUPERIOR GEAR, POISON SPYDER, PSC and many other brands
Hoyt4x4 727-522-4100
post #10 of 62 Old 07-13-2012, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I own a house in Kerrville, still. That's pretty weird that they would hold shit there. It's a city of 50,000, now. I never had any issues with UPS delivering anything, even the "Guaranteed By" deliveries.
post #11 of 62 Old 07-13-2012, 11:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Are you talking about ups freight or ups in the brown trucks because it is two different companies in its own

Now I can't see how ups would push your pkg out so far but I can see freight doing that so you need to clarify

Last edited by jaker; 07-13-2012 at 11:20 PM.
post #12 of 62 Old 07-14-2012, 06:17 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaker View Post
Are you talking about ups freight or ups in the brown trucks because it is two different companies in its own

Now I can't see how ups would push your pkg out so far but I can see freight doing that so you need to clarify
Yeah, it was definitely Freight. The UPS Brown Truck guys and I get along great. I've even taken all three of them out for beers! But these Freight guys are/were a pain in the ass.

07/14/2012 UPDATE:

So, after I closed down the shop last night, I loaded-up in the trusty Ford, and headed to Austin. I was in the Freight terminal for almost three full minutes before I had spotted everything. It was less than 15 feet from the door to the office where "Terry" (the Dock Manager) worked.

After 15 or so minutes of phone calls and paperwork, I tossed it all in the bed of the truck, and by 2300 last night, I was pulling back into the driveway. Seems that, as soon as I eliminated Terry from the equation, things got a whole lot smoother!

Anyway, I have my corners and carrier, now. Still a big F - YOU to UPS!

And a huge, THANK YOU to JK Vick!
post #13 of 62 Old 07-14-2012, 06:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i now only use fed ex...

give this a read for my experience with UPS

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38027

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #14 of 62 Old 07-14-2012, 10:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneszj View Post
i now only use fed ex...

give this a read for my experience with UPS

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38027
Happy for you but FedEx really is not that better , I live on my route and a lot of things I order come FedEx , my trek top fuck all living to hell

The other day I had to tell the FedEx guy off , because this last ass was leaving my pkgs in the mail box and not on my front porch I ask wtf he couldn't remember and it was just the day before , finally after helping him remember he say yeah I live in the mail box because I have been in a hurry I look at him and tell him

One you are not supposed to leave pkgs in the mail box , two I don't care how much you are in a hurry you bring it to the door

The reason I am so pissed it because my mail box is not near my house , I can see you drive up to my mail box take my mail before I could I could run off my property to even yell at you

So in short both have issues and problems and shit happens , on a average week I deliver over 1250 pkgs a week and that is just my route
post #15 of 62 Old 07-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Rock God

Pretty sure it's some federal offense to open a mail box if you are not the resident or a postal worker. Maybe that's just an urban legend though.

All shipping companies suck if you use them long enough. I've had some problems with UPS and Fed Ex in the past.

Just for fun here is an old video that is all over You Tube of a Fed Ex employee caught on CCTV

Fedex Man Throws Package Over Gate(CCTV) - YouTube

And just to keep it even here is one from UPS:

UPS Employees at their best! - YouTube

Mike
'07 2 door soft top
post #16 of 62 Old 07-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Wheeler

I had a ridiculous experience with FedEx last year with a cell phone. It showed online as out for delivery every day for more than a week, and every evening it showed as no delivery attempted. No one at FedEx could tell me why it wasn't being delivered, and they wouldn't let me come get it because of the way it had been entered in their system. We also have a lot of problem with FedEx leaving things in front of our garage instead of going the twenty extra feet to my porch. I've had electronics left in front of my garage door in the weather more than once, and almost ran over something that was in a smaller box until I noticed it at the last second. And calling to complain has done no good as I'm told every time that leaving things in front of the garage is not their policy. We gave up on UPS a long time ago when they kept calling to say they couldn't find our house, even though they drive right by it every day. It's now in their system to leave our stuff at the post office and the mail people deliver it the next day.

Becki
07 Wrangler X 2Dr Soft Top
92 XJ
post #17 of 62 Old 07-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Banned

Why anyone would do business with a company whose name is a homophone for OOPS is a mystery to me.

post #18 of 62 Old 07-15-2012, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

07/14/2012 UPDATE:

Yesterday morning, when I got to my office, I had a voice mail from the evening/night supervisor at the Austin Dock, Kris. This is the lady I spoke and dealt with when I went and picked everything up. Kris was calling to tell me that she "forgot" to collect the $279.11 that was due, since it was shipped Receiver Pay, and that she MUST have this paid, immediately! Now, mind you, this message was left at 2237 (10:37pm) on Friday night. At my office. Not on my mobile, which I had given to HER no less than three times...

BUT WAIT...! She was, not the first to tell me this, either! First the Dock Manager, then the Customer Service Manager, then THE SAME DOCK MANAGER, AGAIN, told me that I still needed to pay for it...! Except that I called UPS Freight's Customer Service number at 1820 on Monday, 07/09/2012 and paid for it! It hadn't been in UPS's possession for 20 minutes when I paid!

So, after calling in to the Freight Customer Service Center - again - and giving them my Payment Confirmation Number - again - I was told that yes, my shipment had been paid, already, and it was already delivered... After several minutes and two more supervisors, I got someone who actually spoke English as their first language. He apologized for everything, and offered to refund 50% of my shipping charges! Within 10 minutes of speaking with him,I had the paperwork in my grubby, little paw to fill out and return to UPS Freight for my refund.

Now, as long as the ass-clowns at the dock in Austin don't get all retarded ('get retarded'... that's kind of funny, seeing as the clusterfuck on their end seems to be never ending) and try to charge my credit card, hopefully I can put this entire shit-storm behind me, and get my shit installed!
post #19 of 62 Old 07-15-2012, 05:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggles View Post
07/14/2012 UPDATE:

Yesterday morning, when I got to my office, I had a voice mail from the evening/night supervisor at the Austin Dock, Kris. This is the lady I spoke and dealt with when I went and picked everything up. Kris was calling to tell me that she "forgot" to collect the $279.11 that was due, since it was shipped Receiver Pay, and that she MUST have this paid, immediately! Now, mind you, this message was left at 2237 (10:37pm) on Friday night. At my office. Not on my mobile, which I had given to HER no less than three times...

BUT WAIT...! She was, not the first to tell me this, either! First the Dock Manager, then the Customer Service Manager, then THE SAME DOCK MANAGER, AGAIN, told me that I still needed to pay for it...! Except that I called UPS Freight's Customer Service number at 1820 on Monday, 07/09/2012 and paid for it! It hadn't been in UPS's possession for 20 minutes when I paid!

So, after calling in to the Freight Customer Service Center - again - and giving them my Payment Confirmation Number - again - I was told that yes, my shipment had been paid, already, and it was already delivered... After several minutes and two more supervisors, I got someone who actually spoke English as their first language. He apologized for everything, and offered to refund 50% of my shipping charges! Within 10 minutes of speaking with him,I had the paperwork in my grubby, little paw to fill out and return to UPS Freight for my refund.

Now, as long as the ass-clowns at the dock in Austin don't get all retarded ('get retarded'... that's kind of funny, seeing as the clusterfuck on their end seems to be never ending) and try to charge my credit card, hopefully I can put this entire shit-storm behind me, and get my shit installed!
All I can say I feel you I don't group freight with pkg car guys , it really is a whole different world with the freight guys they don't care for us pkg car guys at all
post #20 of 62 Old 07-16-2012, 02:25 PM
JKO Addict!

My 4.88s were supposed to arrive this afternoon, apparently UPS can tear up a set of Dana 44 ring and pinion.

Quote:
The package was damaged in transit. UPS will notify the sender with the details.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #21 of 62 Old 07-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Rock God

Not really helping the F you theme but my ups guy delivered my RK lift today and knew exactly what it was. He is a JK owner himself. Awesome!!

Big B.

2011 4Dr Unlimited... Rubi springs & shocks, Rubi tires, JKS QD's, CoverKing Seat covers, Rugged Ridge trail doors, A.C.E. stubby bumper, A.C.E. Rock Rails, A.C.E. Hi-lift jack mounts, Superwinch LP8500.

1983 CJ7 LAREDO, AMC 360, 5" lift, 33's
post #22 of 62 Old 07-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Granite Guru

UPS Freight is a fucking joke. I ordered 15 sets of universal running boards for a customer. They lost the shipment- couldn't figure out if it was lost in the Minneapolis warehouse or the one before Minneapolis. Then when they gave up and paid for the new order it came all beat to shit.

Not to mention I had a pissed off customer because the vulnerable adults they transport were falling trying to climb into vans.

If I ever get a choice it is never UPS Freight.

Lord, give me patience. I'm afraid that if you give me strength I'll need bail money too.
post #23 of 62 Old 07-16-2012, 05:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeeJaySeven+JKU View Post
Not really helping the F you theme but my ups guy delivered my RK lift today and knew exactly what it was. He is a JK owner himself. Awesome!!
Most of the jk guys on my route know I drive one , the bad is I never delivered anything for their JKs to most of them , out of the ten two of them get stuff I deliver more jk stuff to myself then them
post #24 of 62 Old 07-16-2012, 08:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I ordered a new wheel for my spare and it arrived today via UPS. I was in the living room when I heard the truck pull up. A few seconds later I heard the "ping" from the sound of the wheel in the box being dropped on my concrete porch.

POISON SPYDER • ROCK KRAWLER • POLY • RCV • YUKON • AEV • TATTON • MBRP • TERAFLEX • BILSTEIN • JKS • RAMSEY • ROCK HARD • WURX • NEMESIS • SPOD • RIGID
post #25 of 62 Old 07-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjeep95 View Post
I ordered a new wheel for my spare and it arrived today via UPS. I was in the living room when I heard the truck pull up. A few seconds later I heard the "ping" from the sound of the wheel in the box being dropped on my concrete porch.
Coincidentally, the last thing the driver heard was Perry's shotgun...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode