Smittybilt Help - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-02-2012, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Smittybilt Help

I am sure others have had this problem but I cant get any resolution from Smittybilt at all, they want me to go through a major ordeal of picture documentation and purchase orders and blah blah blah.

So to start I have a Smittybilt XRC competition winch, SRC front and rear bumper and the Overhead IGear rack. All three of these products have failed. The winch refuses to work, the rear bumper wont stay shut and leans extremelly bad and the igear rack fabric just last night decided it was tired and fell down while I was driving. I have been calling Smittybilt for over a month about all these problems and all they will tell me is that they will look my case over once I send them all the documentation in the world.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of anyone in the smittybilt world that can help me. I work at a dealership and if its on my jeep then that is what goes on every other jeep we modify and I am tempted to change what we put on our factory jeeps if I dont get some help from them.

ANYONE HELP PLEASE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-02-2012, 10:19 AM
JKO Addict!

What's wrong with asking for pics of the problems?

08 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon: lift, wheels/tires, bumpers, skids, sliders, winch, lights, cb. All the normal stuff, plus some.......
Build thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-02-2012, 10:47 AM
JKO Addict!

You need to be much more descriptive with your problems if you want help over the internet.

"winch refuses to work", out of spite? Does it do anything? Are you rotating the controller connection 1/8 turn clockwise? Does it click?

"bumper leans", what leans? The swing? The entire bumper? I have the exact bumper and will bet that is all installer error. There are several places to adjust "leaning".

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 07-02-2012, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Gotlime? nothing is wrong with giving them pictures, but the pictures they have arent good enough for them and they have several from all angles. The latch mechanism will not stay shut and the connector from the bumper to the tire swing is what is leaning. They have pictures of all of this in great detail.

Goodysgotacuda I have had this rear bumper set up installed at a formidable company and adjusted several times. They know what they are doing and state that the mold is bad for my bumper. However they also are having the same issues with Smittybilt backing up the product. The winch is totally inoperable, no free spool, no engage, just nothing. I have called smittybilt and so has the company that installed the entire set up and all smittybilt wants to do is send us a part at a time to see if it gets fixed.

Sorry for my lack of detail but I am more than frustrated, I am frustrated to the point that I just got new bumpers and a new winch. Seemed easier
post #5 of 8 Old 07-02-2012, 11:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Interesting, good luck. I have both their rear XRC bumper and XRC 12000 winch and have had no problems with either.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Just curious on this, your very first post on this forum and you start a bitch fest against smittybilt and ask for help. But when members want more information you say that smittybilt has everything and that they are dragging their feet.

How many other forums have you just joined to bitch about smittybilt? Obviously you have had your jeep for awhile. Which forum do you hang out the most on and what did they say about your scenario? What "formidable" company keeps telling you things? What does your own research say about the problems?

You bought cheap and got what you paid for. Now you wanna come in here and have us feel sympathy for you?

I have a xrc8 and have only used it twice in the 3 years that I have owned it. If it dies tomorrow I am not going to bitch and whine about it. I think I got my moneys worth out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-02-2012, 01:05 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Wouldnt be my first post.... but i sympathize..

I had some smitty rock rails... they flexed up into the body and damaged my tub on both side. I emailed Smittybilt, and simply stated that this was the scenario and I wanted to provide the info so that they could re-design or re-evaluate the rails...

then i did some research and found that many people had the same problem, some were reimbursed, some received another smitty product ... so i again emailed them, they asked for pics... then they asked for high resolution pics... never heard anything back...

oh, well, sold the rails and advise anyone against their products... but the truth is.. . The company survives and thrives making a decent product for the masses who arent going to damage it, so a few random rock crawlers can see that they should have bought a better product.

but the masses will still buy Smitty, and they will still make a ton of dough, without the quality customer service of other companies.

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #8 of 8 Old 07-02-2012, 01:16 PM
JKowners Vendor

Contact Ray at Smittybilt, he should be able to save your day.

Ray Anamos
Rubicon Express
Tech / Sales / Customer Service
400 W. Artesia Blvd
Compton CA. 90220

P: 800-776-0767 Ext: 8774
F: 310-747-3911
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode