Damn Dirty Dealership - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 06-22-2012, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Angry Damn Dirty Dealership

For reference, here's a link to the thread that sets-up this story of woe.

https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75630

And again, I can't thank Adrenaline Offroad enough. They went above and beyond to get my rig fixed.

So, after a few months of trying to deal with Criswell Jeep I finally just gave up. The entire situation is infuriating. I went as high up the food chain as I could, and It was like dealing with cheap politicians. They wouldn't accept any blame for the damage, and they couldn't come up with any other cause. Those of you who know me know I travel a lot for work, so I didn't have time to stand on the bully pulpit outside their front door. I can't count the number of phone calls, texts, and emails that I made/sent ...but the number is just shy of the amount that were NOT returned from the dealership.

Anyone on JKO who read my almost Jeep-b-que thread from way back should recall that once the issue was discovered ...and it was my fault ...I didn't act the dick. I accepted responsibility and paid the repair price ...lesson learned. I don't think it's too much to ask the same from a dealership.

In addition to the above (as stated in the thread link) their standards for overall care and attention to detail are lower than whale shit. This said, I recommend that local folks avoid Criswell Jeep service in Gaithersburg at all costs.

From now on, for any recall or warranty work, I'll be more than happy to travel outside the area to a better dealership. The rest will be done by AOR and me.

My Build Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NE Trail Ride Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-26-2012, 11:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Haven't been back to my shit dealership since my warranty ran out. Hopefully I don't need to have any warranty work done in the future, because I don't like having to deal with them.

Glad you got it straightened out.

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
post #3 of 6 Old 06-27-2012, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc_fjizzle View Post
Haven't been back to my shit dealership since my warranty ran out. Hopefully I don't need to have any warranty work done in the future, because I don't like having to deal with them.

Yeah ...they all pretty much suck to differing degrees around here. I'll have to make the drive to Adams or out to West VA if necessary.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Adrenaline Offroad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 07-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Granite Guru

My wifes WK2 had a headlight socket that needed replaced (long story), so rather then go to DarCars in Rockville, I stopped by Criswell. The douche at the parts counter showed me the diagram of the headlight and that the socket wasn't sold separably. He then explained that he had a headlight in stock and we could check it and see if it was part of the entire headlight assembly. 10 minutes later he walks out with a WJ headlight. I just shook my head and left.

LoD Stinger◊Warn PowerPlant◊RockHard Cage◊AEV Beadlocks◊37" MTR's◊5.38's◊LoD Tire Carrier◊PSC Crusher Flares◊2.5" Teraflex◊1" PA BL
post #5 of 6 Old 07-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Granite Guru

Sorry to hear about your troubles with Criswell E, sounds like you've already got everything under control but if you ever need anything let me know, just trying to watch out for fellow Jeeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc_fjizzle View Post

Your right down the road from me Will, you know I'll take care of you man especially on warranty work
post #6 of 6 Old 07-18-2012, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
My wifes WK2 had a headlight socket that needed replaced (long story), so rather then go to DarCars in Rockville, I stopped by Criswell. The douche at the parts counter showed me the diagram of the headlight and that the socket wasn't sold separably. He then explained that he had a headlight in stock and we could check it and see if it was part of the entire headlight assembly. 10 minutes later he walks out with a WJ headlight. I just shook my head and left.
Yep ...typical for them. I flat out told them that they've lost my business and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. They really didn't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuwirth Motors Parts View Post
Sorry to hear about your troubles with Criswell E, sounds like you've already got everything under control but if you ever need anything let me know, just trying to watch out for fellow Jeeper.
Many thanks brother!!

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Adrenaline Offroad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode