4 wheel parts - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 06-22-2012, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

4 wheel parts

Purchased from 4wheelparts. My smittybilt gear seat covers have now torn at the seam just after a few months and the bungees that hold the bottom together break every couple of months. Just called 4 wheel parts to see if they would warranty or had any suggestions for me. Not going to sweat it but I thought I would give a call. Customer service said "let me transfer you". 39 minutes later (set my phone on my desk next to me) Im hanging up as I have a meeting to get to. Thanks 4 wheel parts for your great service!!

2008 Rescue Green Unlimited Sahara
TF LA 3"
37" GY MT/R's
Manual/4.88's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 06-22-2012, 01:58 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

PM Bustabizz on here. He is a vendor for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 22 Old 06-22-2012, 03:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Don't order online.
Go to a shop and make friends with the peeps there. My local shop hooks me up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 06-23-2012, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnord5 View Post
Don't order online.
Go to a shop and make friends with the peeps there. My local shop hooks me up.
Live in Iowa..... No shops.

TF LA 3"
37" GY MT/R's
Manual/4.88's
post #5 of 22 Old 06-23-2012, 11:17 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I have a 4WheelParts not far from me in Raleigh. Some people in the regional section of the forum say they've used them and like them; I can't stand to go up there. I've met one guy who was nice and chatted it up with me, but the rest of the staff blows me off and acts like I'm wasting their time. I think it's because I'm younger (but not that damn young!) and they think I'm just up there kicking tires.

Thankfully, I found Marcus at RCO and haven't and will not ever go back there for anything.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but IMO bigger companies like that are more concerned with bottom line numbers than customer interaction and customer service, regardless of what anybody says.

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
post #6 of 22 Old 06-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Rock God

Garage

The 4 wheel parts in Memphis is TERRIBLE. Worst customer service ever. I try and avoid them as much as possible.

Need advice or parts without all the bs. Call Marcus at River City Offroad
"Things are starting to come, what I like to call, together."
"Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it."
post #7 of 22 Old 06-24-2012, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Are 4wheelparts.com and 4wd.com the same company?

TF LA 3"
37" GY MT/R's
Manual/4.88's
post #8 of 22 Old 06-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Granite Guru

Yea, I believe 4wheel parts is the parent company. The one here is horrible; the guys aren't knowledgeable, they peddle inferior products, and fix death wobble with dual steering stabilizer setups...paff!

08 2dr JK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIG View Post
All BJís are not the same manÖ I am sure you have had a good and a bad BJ in your time.
post #9 of 22 Old 06-24-2012, 08:42 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

You can call Smittybilt and talk to them directly. The guys there are actually pretty good to work with and should be interested in helping you out.

Marcus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 22 Old 06-25-2012, 12:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
You can call Smittybilt and talk to them directly. The guys there are actually pretty good to work with and should be interested in helping you out.

Marcus
See that? Dishing out customer service when he's not even the vendor you bought from

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
post #11 of 22 Old 06-25-2012, 12:36 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc_fjizzle View Post
See that? Dishing out customer service when he's not even the vendor you bought from
Marcus is the best.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
post #12 of 22 Old 06-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Rock God

Garage

I have ordered plenty from 4wd.com and picked up from my local 4WP. It is always quick and painless. There is one dude that is cool and talks to me and has general CS skills. I wouldn’t say he is particularly knowledgeable about 4x’s but he is willing to help. The rest of the staff there, however, seems irritated to help a customer and look so dumbfounded when asked a question.

I have ordered (direct phone call) from Dave at NR4X4, Chris at Jeep Add Ons, Jason from Krawl and Thean from Poly and have all been exceptional. I haven’t ordered from Marcus yet or even talked to him on the phone but he has PM’d me quotes when I asked and I WILL be ordering from him SOON.

-Dan

2008 JK X: Sold
post #13 of 22 Old 06-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Granite Guru

Marcus! To you! :thank you:

I order most of my stuff from Marcus as well as in my lift kit, shocks, spacers, y-pipe etc. etc.

I had the local 4 wheel parts put my lift on and wasn't very happy at first but a phone call and follow up appointment solved the issues to my satisfaction.

Of course I know several of the guys that work there lol!

2012 JK Crush, RK 2.5 max travel, Bilstein 5100's, 35" MT/R with K, AFE Y-pipe, Spidertrax 1.5" spacers, VDP stubby bumper kit, handmade dead pedal, handmade aluminum rails
post #14 of 22 Old 06-27-2012, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Well, I followed up by filling out a "contact us" form on their website. I let them know I called about trouble with one of their products. I spoke with someone briefly who then transfered me which ended up leaving me on hold for almost 40 minutes before I threw in the towel. I have not received a response, but as I check my email I see I am now on their mass email advertising list............

TF LA 3"
37" GY MT/R's
Manual/4.88's
post #15 of 22 Old 06-27-2012, 09:51 AM
Wheeler

About 6 years ago they had the CEO's email address on their website. I had a horrible experience with one of their locations in SoCal and let him know about it with a carefully worded email. Within 10 minutes I was copied on his response to his regional and store managers and 10 minutes after that my cell phone rang. They had me bring the Jeep in and had it fixed and out the door in 45 minutes. They have since removed the CEO's email address from the website.
post #16 of 22 Old 06-27-2012, 01:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulewhisperer View Post
Well, I followed up by filling out a "contact us" form on their website. I let them know I called about trouble with one of their products. I spoke with someone briefly who then transfered me which ended up leaving me on hold for almost 40 minutes before I threw in the towel. I have not received a response, but as I check my email I see I am now on their mass email advertising list............
why didn't you PM bustabizz? Bryan has fixed this kind of shit for people before.

he's extension 938 at 4wd hardware if you want to actually call him.

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #17 of 22 Old 06-27-2012, 02:01 PM
JKowners Vendor

Ill try and help whatever way I can. Honestly I think its how they fit the JK seats thats the problem. Feel free to give me a call and I will try and get you in touch with who you need, 800-333-5535 ext. 938.
post #18 of 22 Old 06-28-2012, 05:10 PM
Wheeler

I ordered a rim/tire package from them 12 days ago. 2 days ago I went online to find out the status of my order...couldnt find anything out from the website, so I called. Come to find out the tires I ordered were backordered and the lady had no idea when they'd be in.

So much for my plan of having the tires waiting for me when I get home next week. Thats the last time I try ordering from them as well. If they would have just informed me they were backordered I would have just chosen a different tire - I was torn between 3 different ones anyway...that would have helped me make my decision!
post #19 of 22 Old 06-29-2012, 07:16 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blstr88 View Post
I ordered a rim/tire package from them 12 days ago. 2 days ago I went online to find out the status of my order...couldnt find anything out from the website, so I called. Come to find out the tires I ordered were backordered and the lady had no idea when they'd be in.

So much for my plan of having the tires waiting for me when I get home next week. Thats the last time I try ordering from them as well. If they would have just informed me they were backordered I would have just chosen a different tire - I was torn between 3 different ones anyway...that would have helped me make my decision!
Should have called me, I am here to help you guys. Anything I can do for you let me know.
post #20 of 22 Old 06-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustaBizz View Post
Ill try and help whatever way I can. Honestly I think its how they fit the JK seats thats the problem. Feel free to give me a call and I will try and get you in touch with who you need, 800-333-5535 ext. 938.
i havent had any problems with mine and i have had them on for a couple years, also, i have neoprene seat covers under them. They take a little finagling but i got mine on with a nice fit. Pay attention to the velcro, it adjusts in more than one way.

Rescue Green 2008 Sahara Unlimited; RK 3.5 max travel; 37" Toyo Mt; PSC Brawler lite front bumper; PSC rock brawler rear w/ tire carrier; OR-Fab rock guards; Aev hood

post #21 of 22 Old 07-02-2012, 01:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustaBizz View Post
Should have called me, I am here to help you guys. Anything I can do for you let me know.
ya WTF. why are people ordering off the website when your deals are always better

so about those seat brackets i need to order...

31 jeeps in... still have issues
post #22 of 22 Old 07-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulewhisperer View Post
Purchased from 4wheelparts. My smittybilt gear seat covers have now torn at the seam just after a few months and the bungees that hold the bottom together break every couple of months. Just called 4 wheel parts to see if they would warranty or had any suggestions for me. Not going to sweat it but I thought I would give a call. Customer service said "let me transfer you". 39 minutes later (set my phone on my desk next to me) Im hanging up as I have a meeting to get to. Thanks 4 wheel parts for your great service!!
That's when you call them on all lines, repeatedly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode