Wurx Bumper - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 06-19-2012, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Wurx Bumper

I have tried numerous times following my purchase of Wurx front and rear bumper from Canada requesting for Mark to please send me the accompanying mount for the winch. My son who recommended him likewise emailed him several times.

He promised to send them to me as soon as he gets them from the laser cutter. This has been for several weeks now. I have not received the mounting piece for the winch as of now.

My experience with the owner of Wurx is that the bumpers are extremely well built and well engineered products. However, the business management of Mark the owner on a scale of 1-5 is -1. When he finished his product and wanted to get paid whether I have received the merchandise is fine and I am willing to help him do that knowing that he just started on his own, but the inefficiency and tardiness in the shipping of parts that I have paid for many months ago has no excuse in business. I hope you well Mark, but you have to change your ways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 06-19-2012, 06:44 AM
Rock God

Garage

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #3 of 27 Old 06-19-2012, 06:46 AM
Rock God

Garage

BTW we have tried for approx 4 weeks. to get his winch plate sent...

When you are buying a product of course you get instant response.

Not really a rant, but rather a "just thought" someone may want to know this beforehand.

2011 Jeep Green JKUR

Cincinnati JKOs join our Facebook group
CJKC
Cincy JK Crew - rides only, no BS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 06-19-2012, 07:08 AM
Rock God

Garage

Stuff like this helped me to appreciate how quickly JCR resolved my issues without complaints.

1988 Wrangler YJ, Q78-15s, some of this, some of that...
2014 Grand Cherokee Limited, EcoDiesel, RWD...
2013 RAM 1500 4x4, more buttons that I'm usually allowed to touch...
2007 JK X, just getting started...
post #5 of 27 Old 06-19-2012, 07:23 AM
Rock God

i have to agree with the OP's comments on the service......Wurx had stated that they would sell me their prototype agression rails for $200.00. I contacted them numerous times with little response. I was also going to purchase the rear Agression bumper with tire carrier for giving me the opportunity on the rails. They make amazing looking products but totally lack in the Customer Service department....looks like JCR or ACE will possibly see my money in their pocket instead. Nothing worse than false promises.....as always honest/open communication will determine whether or not these guys survive the competition.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 27 Old 06-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Granite Guru

wow! sucks that it is being problems for you. I got the wrong rear lights for my rear bumper from him and he sourced me the correct ones and sent them to me no extra charge and didnt want the wrong ones back.
post #7 of 27 Old 06-19-2012, 08:43 AM
Rock God

Garage

Now he just ignores our emails and PMs

Just don't tell us next week if its really not next week.

2011 Jeep Green JKUR

CJKC
post #8 of 27 Old 06-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Wheeler

Several weeks.....well you must have never ordered anything from shrockworks, try months. Lol wurx and shrockworks are both very nice bumpers, but when your dealing with a small company that makes each bumper after they are ordered, you just have to expect the wait.

2010 JKU Rubicon, Rock Krawler 3.5 X Factor, Teraflex Elka's, Raceline Beadlocks, 37in Goodyear MTR Kevlars, Teraflex Speedbumps, Warn Powerplant, Shrockworks front and rear bumpers, Redneck Ram, OR-Fab Sport cage
post #9 of 27 Old 06-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ails85 View Post
Several weeks.....well you must have never ordered anything from shrockworks, try months. Lol wurx and shrockworks are both very nice bumpers, but when your dealing with a small company that makes each bumper after they are ordered, you just have to expect the wait.

Actually this is my second set ordered from Mark. I have his Gen 1 and now my Dad has his Gen 2 bumpers. Both the delivery of the bumpers was an acceptable week or two.

What wasn't so good was the communication post sale.

2011 Jeep Green JKUR

CJKC
post #10 of 27 Old 06-19-2012, 05:25 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

Road trip!
post #11 of 27 Old 06-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Wheeler

Interesting. I'm experiencing the same thing regarding the winch plate. Mark really makes some nice stuff and can have a really good thing going here. I can't believe after all the great fab work on the bumpers he would lose his customers trust over a simple bent plate with a half dozen holes in it.

I just got my bumpers back from the powder coater. They look awesome.

Mark - if you are out there, please take care of our winch plates. Thank you,

Mark

Mark
2012 2dr Rubicon, OME Long Travel, Rockhard skids, Nitto Trail Grappler 37's on Hutchinson Rock Monsters, White Knuckle sliders, Wurx Aggression bumpers, Rough Country winch, OR-Fab front cage, Poly Performance rear cage
post #12 of 27 Old 06-19-2012, 08:36 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Before JCR showed up here I almost bought from Mark, then I read some of the complaints and backed off. Really a bummer because he makes nice stuff. Hope yiu guys get your issues resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #13 of 27 Old 06-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Granite Guru

Hey guys, really sorry about all this, trying my best to get the plates out when I can, I am getting a little stone walled from a company I buy some of my laser cutting from. I had 15 of them and I had to send them to people that ordered, but that still leaves me short. I can refund the cost of the winch plates, not a problem there, once again sorry, just my hands are really tied, they told me they would be done 2 weeks ago, and nothing yet. I use to buy everything seperate from different companies due to cost, some companies gave better pricing for certain parts then others, so I would mix and match, its the only way I could keep the price of the bumpers down, but doing that has caused alot of problems for me. Several of you's know that I recently just went on my own, long story short, I use to have a big company backing me, but I decided to go on my own cause I was doing all the work and basically making nothing out of it.
Once again I am sorry for all the issues with the winch plates and I hope to make it up, if you need a refund on the winch plates just let me know I have no problems

Coming soon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 27 Old 06-21-2012, 08:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurx View Post
Hey guys, really sorry about all this, trying my best to get the plates out when I can, I am getting a little stone walled from a company I buy some of my laser cutting from. I can refund the cost of the winch plates, not a problem there, once again sorry, just my hands are really tied, they told me they would be done 2 weeks ago, and nothing yet. I use to buy everything seperate from different companies due to cost, some companies gave better pricing for certain parts then others, so I would mix and match, its the only way I could keep the price of the bumpers down, but doing that has caused alot of problems for me. Several of you's know that I recently just went on my own, long story short, I use to have a big company backing me, but I decided to go on my own cause I was doing all the work and basically making nothing out of it.
Once again I am sorry for all the issues with the winch plates and I hope to make it up, if you need a refund on the winch plates just let me know I have no problems
People need to understand the difficulty in running a small shop (and I think most do). People just want open lines of communication to know what's going on. When having to deal with other companies, lead times can get all messed up, but emailing people and letting them know this can go a long way.

BTW, I love your bumpers. Wish you had been around when I was doing my build.

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
post #15 of 27 Old 06-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc_fjizzle View Post
People need to understand the difficulty in running a small shop (and I think most do). People just want open lines of communication to know what's going on. When having to deal with other companies, lead times can get all messed up, but emailing people and letting them know this can go a long way.

Ya I try to keep time lines but like you said, they get screwed up. The last 2 weeks have been pretty brutal for me.. and my family in general, was waiting on parts to finish some bumpers, so I had all these orders that I had to finish and no parts, so as soon as they arrived I had to put in alot of long nights... Once again, I am really sorry, if I dont get back to you by email etc please call me 819-823-4383 for anyone that has any problems

P.S if you get the answering machine, dont be alarmed, the message is in french, but just leave a message and I will call you back.

Coming soon

post #16 of 27 Old 06-22-2012, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

Mark
I do not want a refund, please. Just ship my winch plate and all is cool.
Bill G
post #17 of 27 Old 06-22-2012, 05:54 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc_fjizzle View Post

Exactly.

And BTW Mark I still push your bumpers because they are simply fantastic bumpers. And if you throw in the price they cant be beat.

All that being said. Bill G still wants his plate because your stuff fits your stuff

Take it easy.

2011 Jeep Green JKUR

CJKC
post #18 of 27 Old 06-22-2012, 06:14 AM
Rock God

No hard feelings Mark......i TOTALLY understand your position and going on your own is a big leap! Keep up the great fabrication work!....i still want your prototype agression rails though...lol!

post #19 of 27 Old 06-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Granite Guru

thanks again, will ask my old shop to make a plate.

Coming soon

post #20 of 27 Old 06-25-2012, 07:24 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurx View Post
thanks again, will ask my old shop to make a plate.
Gotta love it when a vendor steps up to make things right. Good for Wurx, hope that you have lots of success.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #21 of 27 Old 06-25-2012, 07:31 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
Gotta love it when a vendor steps up to make things right. Good for Wurx, hope that you have lots of success.

Like I said, he makes great stuff and i'm glad to see him moving forward. I wish Mark great success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #22 of 27 Old 06-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billgcpa View Post
I have tried numerous times following my purchase of Wurx front and rear bumper from Canada requesting for Mark to please send me the accompanying mount for the winch. My son who recommended him likewise emailed him several times.

He promised to send them to me as soon as he gets them from the laser cutter. This has been for several weeks now. I have not received the mounting piece for the winch as of now.

My experience with the owner of Wurx is that the bumpers are extremely well built and well engineered products. However, the business management of Mark the owner on a scale of 1-5 is -1. When he finished his product and wanted to get paid whether I have received the merchandise is fine and I am willing to help him do that knowing that he just started on his own, but the inefficiency and tardiness in the shipping of parts that I have paid for many months ago has no excuse in business. I hope you well Mark, but you have to change your ways.
4 weeks does not compare to 6+ months for orfab
post #23 of 27 Old 07-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Wheeler

Mark - please check for PM from me. Thx
Mark

Mark
2012 2dr Rubicon, OME Long Travel, Rockhard skids, Nitto Trail Grappler 37's on Hutchinson Rock Monsters, White Knuckle sliders, Wurx Aggression bumpers, Rough Country winch, OR-Fab front cage, Poly Performance rear cage
post #24 of 27 Old 07-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Granite Guru

you have mail.

Coming soon

post #25 of 27 Old 08-02-2012, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Dear MARK

I want to let you know that I have received the plate I had discussed in my previous letter. I wish to express my appreciation for your continuing efforts to survive despite the hardship accompanying any new start-ups. As before, despite our issues, my son Mike and myself together with the rest of our CJKC group here in Cincinnati, admire and continue to appreciate your good design both front and rear bumpers especially the tire carrier. Here is hoping that you continue your business well and may God bless you.

Bill

Last edited by Billgcpa; 08-02-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode