Don't open this thread! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-18-2012, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Don't open this thread!

You were warned. I need to rant but my wife doesn't understand car stuff so you guys are getting it. (I was going to put this in JK General but figured DL is probably a better location.)

Before you call me a bitch and tell me to get over it let me just say this:

Now that that's over...

Cliff's: JK was leaking transmission fluid. Dealership fixed it but ticket was messed up. Now JK is leaking transmission fluid somewhere else. I got fucked hard on a brand new Mustang. Whine, whine, whine. Beer, cigar, dogs. Do not reply. Good night.

Last week I dropped off my JKU because two transmission lines had rubbed together, as referenced HERE. We were leaving for vacation the next day so I told them to take their time; they could keep it through the weekend if needed. They called the day we were leaving to say it was ready to be picked up. No big deal- checked the leaky location (driver side frame at radiator) to be sure they got it right, drove it home, parked it, hopped in wife's car and left for GA.

While in GA a few things bothered me. They said "no problem found" regarding the ticking cylinder head despite that the tech AND service advisor called me to explain that they hear the ticking and all the JKs on the lot have the same tick. That's not "no problem found" that's, "we don't want to fix it." Then, they reference both the leaky transmission lines and the power steering whine as repaired by a replaced power steering pressure line. Didn't mention anything about transmission lines being replaced, despite that I saw they had been replaced.

I returned home today to find a small puddle of transmission fluid on the concrete, on top of all my skids, and covering just about the entire passenger side under the Jeep. I was pulling the crossmember and transmission skids so I could install the aFe crossover pipe. Called the dealership who simply asked me to return the Jeep ASAP. I left the two skids off for simplicity. I dug as much as I could to figure out where the leak was coming from. For starters, the power steering line was original and untouched. There's what looks like a juncture box on the passenger side of the motor where the transmission lines from the cooler connect to the lines from the transmission. It appears the lines from the cooler (the ones that were leaking) could have been removed from that box without affecting the lines from the transmission. However, it seems the fitting at the transmission is what was leaking, now. I drove it to the dealership and before we discussed the current repair I requested that they do the following:

1.) Modify the previous ticket to note that the transmission lines were replaced.
2.) Modify the previous ticket to note that the cylinder head IS ticking.
3.) Modify the previous ticket to note that the power steering hose was NOT replaced.

4.) Figure out the new leak and fix the damn thing without creating another one.

I was very level-headed with the service guy. For starters, he wasn't the one under my Jeep. Beyond that, I understand some times shit happens and moreso, the ticket is a reflection of the technician telling the service advisor what was done, etc. Things get lost in translation. I'm giving them that benefit of the doubt.

It just bugs me because I caught eight kinds of Hell trying to get my 2011 Mustang GT repaired when the transmission started grinding two weeks after I bought it. NOT an operator error- it's a common problem that has been investigated by the NHTSA, but like Chrysler and JK fires, Ford dodged the bullet with a bunch of BS. Anyway- the different dealerships kept giving me different stories, different repairs... the tickets rarely reflected what they told me was/wasn't done and it was Hell getting everything straight every time. That's why I finally traded the POS for a JK.

This go around I'm being significantly more pro-active with things. I'm doing my own investigating (without actually disassembling anything) to see if I can figure out what's going on before I drop it at the dealership. I'm also following up with the dealership to make sure all the paperwork matches all the stories and repairs they're telling me about. With the Mustang I blew it off the first few times thinking, "Oh, well- they say it's fixed so I'll let it ride," and it bit me in the ass. So I'm keeping more organized this time.

That's all I have. I'm sure they'll get it right- it's just a damn leak. I didn't expect them to try to repair the cylinder head since there's still a national backorder on them, but I want it noted so that if/when I have an issue I can show that the dealer did acknowledge the ticking. I'm done. Time to blow it off, crack open a beer, burn a cigar, and play with the dogs before bed. If you really still feel the need to pop off about how I need to get over it, feel free, but know I won't respond because IDGAF. I'm not posting this to bash the dealership or Jeep. Shit happens and that's why we have warranties. I simply needed to get it out of my head so I can sleep tonight.

1988 Wrangler YJ, Q78-15s, some of this, some of that...
2014 Grand Cherokee Limited, EcoDiesel, RWD...
2013 RAM 1500 4x4, more buttons that I'm usually allowed to touch...
2007 JK X, just getting started...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-18-2012, 07:22 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Good night john boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-18-2012, 07:44 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

So, how is that JCR Bumper working out now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-19-2012, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Don't know- still can't drive the fawkin' Jeep!!

Honestly though, I listened to you guys and I'm over it. In the grand scheme they handled it well and I've advised a few people to check out their stuff lately. Haven't decided what to do with that thread but didn't want to come off as one of those HGTD guys.

post #5 of 8 Old 06-19-2012, 03:41 AM
JKO Addict!

Got me, your life sucks, that makes me feel better, mine don't. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Official sponsor of the Jersey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew

"Wasn't Me I was in Sweetwater"
post #6 of 8 Old 06-19-2012, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Never said life sucks. Just seems that the Jeep has been down for all the good weather and rides lately.

post #7 of 8 Old 07-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshmeat View Post
Never said life sucks. Just seems that the Jeep has been down for all the good weather and rides lately.
It breaks fix it yourself. Even when mine was under warranty, I never went to the dealership. In the old days, America had a some what skilled workforce, now all we got are bunch of fuck tard Obama graduates that got hired because a piece of paper says they know what they are doing.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-03-2012, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austex View Post
It breaks fix it yourself. Even when mine was under warranty, I never went to the dealership. In the old days, America had a some what skilled workforce, now all we got are bunch of fuck tard Obama graduates that got hired because a piece of paper says they know what they are doing.
That's no joke. Sunday I installed my old level lift on my uncle's *2010* Rubicon. He said he had a power steering leak so I looked around under ghe hood, baffled by a 2yo Jeep leaking already. Apparently the dealer replaced his transmission lines or something and to make room they pulled the power steering hose to a 180* bend to the back side of the steering box. Then left it there, which caused the hose to weaken and break. $30 later we had him all cleaned up and back on the road. Just blew me away that people are so negligent and at the same time, knowing it's a dealer, I'm not surprised at all.

On a brighter note, I'll get to wheel my pile for the first time in two months this weekend!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode