Fuck Thieves - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 05-25-2012, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Angry Fuck Thieves

Came out this morning to find my driver's side passenger window busted out.
Took the GPS from the center console. $135 to replace.

MikeP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 05-25-2012, 05:40 AM
JKO Addict!

Shit. that sucks! I'm more and more tempted to just never lock my doors. They are usually unlocked, but not always..About the only thing worth something, to me, is my winch remote.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #3 of 18 Old 05-25-2012, 05:43 AM
Granite Guru

I know mine isn't nearly as bad, but someone snagged my CB radio antenna couple days ago while I was parked at work.. Fuck thieves for sure!

Best of luck.

2010 Mango Tango JK

35 spline d44 ARB RCV G2 front
30 spline d44 Nitro Detroit G2 rear
Rear bolt-on coilovers Fox Poly
Coast front shaft, Tatton rear shaft
RK 3-link rear, Currie Antirock
Toyo 37s, MB wheels, BORA spacers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 05-25-2012, 05:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've left my jeep open for days with no top, no doors, and with currently my Go Pro on the dash....nobody ever messes with it in my neighborhood.

My guess is between the carrying of guns to and from the Jeep, the certain variety of stickers I have, and having parked this in my Driveway once....they pretty much figure its not worth the off chance that they'll get caught....

/

post #5 of 18 Old 05-25-2012, 06:30 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice tow rig, Loki. Ever wheel it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #6 of 18 Old 05-25-2012, 06:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
Nice tow rig, Loki. Ever wheel it?
<----that's all I'm gonna say...(not actually mine either)

/

post #7 of 18 Old 05-25-2012, 08:13 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

The only reason i lock mine at all is on the off chace that some dick JK owner (or more likely some one who knows what they are and knows that they could get a few $$ for them) would try and take my half door uppers

How I LEARNED TO STOP GIVING A SHIT AND LOVE MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE

Itís time to reevaluate the way we coddle the future generation. Making mistakes and getting hurt is how you grow. Teaching kids to fear Pop Tarts is how you promote xenophobia. Letís get it together, America.
post #8 of 18 Old 05-31-2012, 08:11 AM
Granite Guru

I stopped locking the doors on all my vehicles a long time ago. If a thief wants anything inside they will get it one way or another. At least with unlocked doors they don't cause any major damage getting in.

You can live in your Jeep, but you can't off-road your house.
post #9 of 18 Old 05-31-2012, 08:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

Damn Mike, that sucks.... sorry to hear. since moving to the apartment, i try to make sure my JK is parked under the street lamp out front. and since the back windows are out for the summer, i dont bother to lock the doors.

a few years ago, while parked at the firehouse on a night shift, the heap was doorless and some damn fool broke into the glove box, destroying it. the funny thing was that, at the time, the only thing in there was my owners manual. everything else was in the center console and they didnt even try to open it. instead of getting another plastic glove box, i got the tuffy one. everything valuable is locked up in there

post #10 of 18 Old 06-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Too bad you didn't catch the fucker who did it. So far I've been lucky.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #11 of 18 Old 06-04-2012, 06:10 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i am still split on the lock/no lock thing. my mom always said a locked door keeps the honest people honest... you cant stop a thief but you can stop some punk thats just walking through the parking lot trying doors.. so i dont know, some times i do, some times i dont.

Itís time to reevaluate the way we coddle the future generation. Making mistakes and getting hurt is how you grow. Teaching kids to fear Pop Tarts is how you promote xenophobia. Letís get it together, America.
post #12 of 18 Old 06-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramaniac View Post
Damn Mike, that sucks.... sorry to hear. since moving to the apartment, i try to make sure my JK is parked under the street lamp out front. and since the back windows are out for the summer, i dont bother to lock the doors.

a few years ago, while parked at the firehouse on a night shift, the heap was doorless and some damn fool broke into the glove box, destroying it. the funny thing was that, at the time, the only thing in there was my owners manual. everything else was in the center console and they didnt even try to open it. instead of getting another plastic glove box, i got the tuffy one. everything valuable is locked up in there

I actually had somebody steal only my manual out of glovebox...had a checkbook and some fairly expensive sunglasses in center console ...ya criminals suck

Geaux Tigers! Who Dat Say Gonna Beat Dem Saints!
08 Unlimited X//RC 2.5 Coils and Shocks//Benchmark Sport Bumper//Ace Rock Rails//305/70/17 GOODYEAR MT/R
post #13 of 18 Old 06-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Yeah, I've always gone by "Locks keep the honest thieves out"

I usually lock mine. I figure I pay to have a $0 comprehensive insurance deductible for something.

But more often then not, I don't really keep anything worthwhile in there anyway.

RK 2.5" Flex - Body Armor Front Bumper - Superwinch 8500 lb - Rigid Industries Dually Flood Lights and Diffused Reverse Light - G2 Gear & Axle Diff Covers - Dynomax Exhaust - Drake Off-Road Billet Knobs - Oliver's Driveshafts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
Coming to JKO to get educated on politics is like a marathoner watching the Special Olympics to get technique pointers.
post #14 of 18 Old 06-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Granite Guru

As unfortunate as having your vehicle broken into, the lesson of the day is, "Leave nothing valuable, inside your vehicle. Out of sight, out of mind."

2011 CANADIAN BEAR JK

/l ,[__
]
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
post #15 of 18 Old 06-13-2012, 06:39 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtmaniac View Post
I stopped locking the doors on all my vehicles a long time ago. If a thief wants anything inside they will get it one way or another. At least with unlocked doors they don't cause any major damage getting in.
A buddy just had his side and rear windows stolen out of the back of his JK this weekend. He took the top down while out and about and just layed the windows in the cargo area, came out from a store and they were gone.

Back when I had my 95 YJ with soft top and aftermarket alarm I never locked my doors. At the time, aholes were going around and slashing the door/side windows looking for sub boxes and amplifiers. I figured/hoped they'd open the door and find nothing rather than cut my top. Came out to my alarm sounding many nights but never had the top cut.

First day at the police academy in 97, they went down our line of personal cars in the parking lot and tried all the handles as well as inspected for violations and of course found my Jeep "unsecured". They tore me a new asshole until I explained why and then said "Oh" that makes sense...........still had to do a shit-ton of extra pushups just to break balls LOL

======================================
Brian
Jersey
Crew
post #16 of 18 Old 06-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Granite Guru

Philly is the worst. In all the years ive had Jeeps, never locked the doors, they'd just cut the top. You name it, Change from cup holders, old boots, dirty work clothes and my favorites, half eaten hoagie and SOME, not all the cds in glove box, Elvis Costello wasn't to their liking f'n music critics.
post #17 of 18 Old 06-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Wheeler

I don't usually lock my doors for the same soft top preservation reasons. Don't have much of value in the Jeep anyway so it doesn't really matter. A phone charger is much cheaper to replace than a top.

Becki
07 Wrangler X 2Dr Soft Top
92 XJ
post #18 of 18 Old 06-14-2012, 09:30 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trunkmonkey View Post
A buddy just had his side and rear windows stolen out of the back of his JK this weekend. He took the top down while out and about and just layed the windows in the cargo area, came out from a store and they were gone.

And that is my biggest fear. thieves

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode