FAWKING 4WP AND 4WD LYING BASTA@%&*!!!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 Old 03-24-2009, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
FAWKING 4WP AND 4WD LYING [email protected]%&*!!!!!

Then....Yes Mr. terrahawk, we caN get those XRC fenders in BY mid March, thank you for your money.

Now...Fawk you Mr. terrahawk, we killed to many Chinese in our sweatshop, so we might ship these this summer, agh hell make that a maybe for Thanksgiving. Oh yeah, fawk you again!

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 03-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Granite Guru

why don't you tell us how you really feel

Jeff M.
2007 Rubicon Unlimited 4", 37's, 5.13's, and stuff
jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, jeep jk unlimited, jk rubicon,
post #3 of 39 Old 03-24-2009, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 4:15 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Smittybilt.com - Contact Us Form Completed

Hello Joseph,

Flares are still in R&D, rough ETA is Summer 09.

Ray Anamos
Technical Assistance
Smittybilt Automotive Products
400 West Artesia Blvd
Compton CA 90220
PH: 888-717-5797 ext 8774
FX: 310-763-0957
,[____l,
_ -o==o-_
) ()_)Į ()_)
HOW THE FAWK CAN YOU SELL SOEMTHING THAT IS STILL IN FAWKING R&D? GIVE ME A FAWKING BREAK!!!! AYE CARAJO!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 Old 03-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Rock God

Glad i didn't try to order them....

07 JK Unlimited X- mildly modified

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 39 Old 03-24-2009, 01:22 PM
Rock God

Almost all smitty stuff(YJ, TJ, JK) is like that right now... makes you wonder if they are on the brink of going under or what.

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #6 of 39 Old 03-24-2009, 01:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

They should post that sh!t upfront on their website.....all of the suppliers.Two fingerz up for not being forthright:

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
post #7 of 39 Old 03-24-2009, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Fawk'em, I just contacted Kenny. His stuff is better anyway LOL.

post #8 of 39 Old 03-24-2009, 05:43 PM
JKO Addict!

I'm with ya, fuk 4wpuss and 4wd hardfuks. I'm glad I started ordering from Phil he will let you know if you are not ever going to receive an item. I ordered t poison spyder rocker knockers from 4wpuss after 3 months of calling them and being told they are on the way I finally called poison spyder and was told we have sold what we have and wont be making any more.

|
|
post #9 of 39 Old 03-24-2009, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

4wpuss hahahaha I just spit out my DP!

post #10 of 39 Old 04-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Rock God

Well, not happy about your situation(s), but I'm glad there are others that feel this same way. You would think I would have learned a lesson the first bunch of times I *tried* to order things from 4WP & 4WD. I had an issue back in Spet/Oct/Nov '08 with a front D44 axle (finally got resolved -- the sales-dude told me "no way" I was going to get my money back on the *special order* item I wanted to "return" (funny thing -- I never got the damn axle, so how could I "return" something I never "received"?) Spoke to the manager, who started in on the same bull--it, and then I flipped him my card (I happen to be an attorney) and I suddenly got a full refund.)

But, I did it again. I ordered something, a Smittybilt product, pretty sure I'll never see it. (where is the "head-banging-against-the-wall icon?)

Ty...
post #11 of 39 Old 04-24-2009, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

pm 4WheelParts.Com (Tim)

He is a stand up guy and will get you the "honest" answers you seek.

post #12 of 39 Old 04-24-2009, 01:41 PM
TrailDuty.com

Not defending 4WP, but sometimes the manufacturers "release" products before they've made them. I've had this happen a few times, the product is launched via media releases, etc, and becomes "available" for ordering, sometimes with a ship date. Sometimes it is just pure optimism from the manufacturer, they just get way behind for whatever reason, and only after chasing them up forever do they actually say that the product won't be available.

I've had one particular product on order since December and must have had half a dozen ship dates from the manufacturer, and they've never met any of them.

Of course this makes no difference when you are waiting for the product. I'm a customer too, and get impatient as the next person, especially when promised a delivery date that goes and comes.
post #13 of 39 Old 04-24-2009, 02:13 PM

First off, terrahawk thank you for the post.

Smittybilt is not going under. They are doing very well right now and currently developing more products that you guys will hopefully like.

PhilD pretty much nailed it on manufacturer releases. We get a certain date from the mfg. and release information in the magazines and online for the customer to see. The issue in this thread is another problem that we (4WP) have dealt with and I have already explained to terrahawk. If we are told that on June 1st a product will be ready to sell we will start advertising it a certain amount of time ahead of the release. We are relying on the mfg. very heavily at this point to deliver. In many cases parts are coming from China and have to go through customs before we can take possession. If something holds up customs we are going to be delayed. We do what we can, as I am sure most vendors do, to prevent major mishaps. Sometimes this just is not avoidable, especially when the mfg. is giving us bad ETA's. I am not calling out ANY mfg.'s here since at some point they have all been guilty of this, I am simply trying to shed some light on the situation.

If anyone has any questions or complaints please feel free to PM me and I will see what I can do. I am sure that most if not all of the vendors here will do this.

4x4LOYR, you have a PM.

Thanks,

Tim
post #14 of 39 Old 04-24-2009, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Note: I was really pissed at the time LOL. Everything I order goes to immediate backorder, gears, wheels, anti-rock, lights, etc... I am the backorder king! The funny thing is all the custom stuff makes it in less than two wks...go figure!

post #15 of 39 Old 04-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Alec W

Iíve been really lucky with everything Iíve ever ordered. No backorders and everything gets here in 5 days. I guess I should tip Phil
post #16 of 39 Old 04-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WheelParts.Com View Post
Smittybilt is not going under. They are doing very well right now and currently developing more products that you guys will hopefully like.

Tim
Don't you guys own SmittyBuilt?
post #17 of 39 Old 04-24-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverkid View Post
Don't you guys own SmittyBuilt?
Smittybilt and 4WheelParts are sister companies.
post #18 of 39 Old 04-25-2009, 08:05 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Smittybilt and 4WheelParts are sister companies.
Who's your daddy?
I mean, who's the parent company?
post #19 of 39 Old 04-25-2009, 08:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromedome View Post
Who's your daddy?
I mean, who's the parent company?

Personally I hate to see our stuff being delivered on a slow boat from China or anywhere else but the good ol' USofA. I know that it is business and I know that a BUNCH of stuff comes from over there and I will just about have to get the small stuff from over there but for major purchases I am going to try to keep it here. The main reason that I went with Shrock was because they are from Houston... they have also missed several delivery dates on their stuff but at least I am supporting the home team. The Expedition One folks (Utah) were great to deal with.

Last edited by Mr.RonGilbert; 04-25-2009 at 08:31 AM.
post #20 of 39 Old 04-25-2009, 08:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
First off, terrahawk thank you for the post.

PhilD pretty much nailed it on manufacturer releases. We get a certain date from the mfg. and release information in the magazines and online for the customer to see. The issue in this thread is another problem that we (4WP) have dealt with and I have already explained to terrahawk. If we are told that on June 1st a product will be ready to sell we will start advertising it a certain amount of time ahead of the release. We are relying on the mfg. very heavily at this point to deliver. In many cases parts are coming from China and have to go through customs before we can take possession. If something holds up customs we are going to be delayed. We do what we can, as I am sure most vendors do, to prevent major mishaps. Sometimes this just is not avoidable, especially when the mfg. is giving us bad ETA's. I am not calling out ANY mfg.'s here since at some point they have all been guilty of this, I am simply trying to shed some light on the situation.

If anyone has any questions or complaints please feel free to PM me and I will see what I can do. I am sure that most if not all of the vendors here will do this.

4x4LOYR, you have a PM.

Thanks,

Tim
Its refreshing to see products from China............we hardly ever see that
post #21 of 39 Old 05-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Granite Guru

You guys are starting to get me worried.. I ordered XRC front and rear bumper with carrier last night from JC Whitney . With a ship date of the 25th hope it shows
post #22 of 39 Old 05-15-2009, 11:01 AM
Rock God

Ha, you guys are all amatures. Where I work we are 3 years behind on one first article part. ONE PART. THREE YEARS. How does this happen you ask? How does a project get three years behind? One day at a time.
I know it sucks waiting on a part, especially if you were under the impression it was in stock ready to go. Hope you get it soon, TerraHawk

/jl

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
post #23 of 39 Old 05-15-2009, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John L View Post
Ha, you guys are all amatures. Where I work we are 3 years behind on one first article part. ONE PART. THREE YEARS. How does this happen you ask? How does a project get three years behind? One day at a time.
I know it sucks waiting on a part, especially if you were under the impression it was in stock ready to go. Hope you get it soon, TerraHawk
I cancelled my order and dropped some jack on Crossed Up Off Road tube fenders. Money well spent and Mike had them made in less than two weeks.

Tim did calm me down (I was really pissed after I got the real story from Smittybilt), those guys at 4WD I ordered them from on the phone back in January were just ill informed, stupid, or both. At any rate, I'm glad it turned out the way it did, because I got a much better product that I am very pleased with despite the cost.

post #24 of 39 Old 05-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrahawk View Post
I cancelled my order and dropped some jack on Crossed Up Off Road tube fenders. Money well spent and Mike had them made in less than two weeks.

Tim did calm me down (I was really pissed after I got the real story from Smittybilt), those guys at 4WD I ordered them from on the phone back in January were just ill informed, stupid, or both. At any rate, I'm glad it turned out the way it did, because I got a much better product that I am very pleased with despite the cost.
That's cool it all worked out. I've been eye'n the Smitty tube doors, I like 'em alot. Wonder when they'll be on the shelf....

/jl

Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
post #25 of 39 Old 05-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by John L View Post
That's cool it all worked out. I've been eye'n the Smitty tube doors, I like 'em alot. Wonder when they'll be on the shelf....
Looks like it won't be anytime soon.

Their system shows 0 in stock and 0 on order for both the front and rear...

JKOWNERS Member Discount Available at:

Click the link to automatically apply the current offer!

Follow us on:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode