Websites that don't show shipping... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 05-04-2012, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Websites that don't show shipping...

They irritate the hell out of me.

I hate it when vendor websites require you to basically get right to the point of clicking submit for your order before you can find out what shipping is going to be for your items or they make you create an account with them before you can see shipping.

It's irritating. Why do some do this and some do not? Is this something intentional to hopefully lure people in without putting an overpriced shipping quote in their head? Or is it just a function of whatever shopping cart software they use?

In this hobby you have about 1000 vendors that all sell generally the same merchandise for roughly the same prices. Usually shipping is what sets them apart. So of course when you see an ad for X% off your order you go check it out only to find out that there are 5 hoops you have to jump through to find out that they still aren't cheaper than the other guy after you factor in shipping.

Sorry. Just my little for the day.

2007 Sahara Unlimited - Dana 60/14 Bolt - 5.38's with ARBs - 40x13.50x17 Goodyear MTRs - 3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor Plus - Rubi Rock Rails - XRC 10,000lb Winch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-04-2012, 07:54 AM
Rock God

Garage

I didn't read your entire post BUT I read the title.

When this is the case with a vendor/website I just don't shop with them, EVER. Only diversion would be like River City Offroad (used as an example since I placed a phone order and customer service rocks) or the like who does not list all their products.

Shipping should be upfront without the vendor trying to collect personal user data first. Funny how I start getting these different SPAMS after I go through this bullshit process of trying to figure out shipping, which always requires an email address.

Fuck 'em!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Disabled & Mental
U.S. Army Veteran

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
post #3 of 8 Old 05-04-2012, 08:27 AM
JKO Addict!

Mostly it's just the way the different shipping cart software packages work. I spent a lot of time customizing my software so you can see the total with shipping and discounts without keying in anything other than a zip code.

Alec Wallis, Owner |
| 303-918-6167

|
| 888-521-0170
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 05-04-2012, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisaMent View Post
I didn't read your entire post BUT I read the title.

When this is the case with a vendor/website I just don't shop with them, EVER. Only diversion would be like River City Offroad (used as an example since I placed a phone order and customer service rocks) or the like who does not list all their products.

Shipping should be upfront without the vendor trying to collect personal user data first. Funny how I start getting these different SPAMS after I go through this bullshit process of trying to figure out shipping, which always requires an email address.

Fuck 'em!
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAD Offroad View Post
Mostly it's just the way the different shipping cart software packages work. I spent a lot of time customizing my software so you can see the total with shipping and discounts without keying in anything other than a zip code.

I wish everyone thought that way...

While I know it doesn't always lead to a sale, but sometimes I'm tire kicking and I want to know how much something REALLY costs. Shipping is retarded these days. Then there are companies that I'm positive pad their bottom line with larger shipping charges. Either way shipping is typically an important factor these days even if you are ordering something small.

2007 Sahara Unlimited - Dana 60/14 Bolt - 5.38's with ARBs - 40x13.50x17 Goodyear MTRs - 3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor Plus - Rubi Rock Rails - XRC 10,000lb Winch
post #5 of 8 Old 05-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
They irritate the hell out of me.

I hate it when vendor websites require you to basically get right to the point of clicking submit for your order before you can find out what shipping is going to be for your items or they make you create an account with them before you can see shipping.

It's irritating. Why do some do this and some do not? Is this something intentional to hopefully lure people in without putting an overpriced shipping quote in their head? Or is it just a function of whatever shopping cart software they use?

In this hobby you have about 1000 vendors that all sell generally the same merchandise for roughly the same prices. Usually shipping is what sets them apart. So of course when you see an ad for X% off your order you go check it out only to find out that there are 5 hoops you have to jump through to find out that they still aren't cheaper than the other guy after you factor in shipping.

Sorry. Just my little for the day.
What he said!

2008 JKU Sahara, Auto, 513s, TeraFlex performance leveling kit, 33" BFG ATs,
LOD Stubby front bumper, OR-Fab rear sheetmetal bumper,
Rugged Ridge 8.5k winch w/synthetic rope.

The voices in my head aren't real, but sometimes they have good ideas!
post #6 of 8 Old 05-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

We are reworking our entire store based on issues like this. I don't like shopping this way so I'll be damned of my customers have to!

post #7 of 8 Old 05-04-2012, 10:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVENSLAT4X4 View Post
We are reworking our entire store based on issues like this. I don't like shopping this way so I'll be damned of my customers have to!

post #8 of 8 Old 05-04-2012, 10:14 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVENSLAT4X4 View Post
I agree and we are doing the same! LOL... most of the time, it is the software that does it. I know ours right now is pretty shitty like that and that is why we are changing it. That boils down to we are not computor programers like some guys nor are we a massive company with the funds to have a entire site built to spec! So we are doing what we can in house to change it and make our site esier to use and faster!

Now, I do have to say this. We ALL have to fallow rules on our sites. That is just a given! Now, if you call in (864-353-5486) we can usually help you out a lot more and can get all of your questions answered! Sometimes looking up shipping cost is a pain and we find it is easier just to do free shipping...

-Jason

:

Phone: 864-437-8029
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode