Assholes!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 04-04-2012, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Assholes!!!

I'm fucking pissed my jeep got broken into! They went through all of my stuff and stole my subs. It was locked too! Like fuck how can i keep this shit safe? The police are assigning a detective to the case but unless its sold at a pawnshop i won't find it. Thank god for insurance but they are fighting not to cover it. Im so mad my acid reflux is flaring up. Just needed to find a way to vent

sent via SPLOOGE!!

check my site out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 04-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Obvious I know... but make sure they didn't get any receipts or anything like that from the glove-box... oil change receipts, etc.. personal info.

Good luck getting things taken care of.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #3 of 27 Old 04-04-2012, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Obvious I know... but make sure they didn't get any receipts or anything like that from the glove-box... oil change receipts, etc.. personal info.

Good luck getting things taken care of.
i didn't even think about that! Ill monitor my accounts. Thank you

sent via SPLOOGE!!

check my site out

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 04-04-2012, 12:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms5490renegade View Post
I'm fucking pissed my jeep got broken into! They went through all of my stuff and stole my subs. It was locked too! Like fuck how can i keep this shit safe? The police are assigning a detective to the case but unless its sold at a pawnshop i won't find it. Thank god for insurance but they are fighting not to cover it. Im so mad my acid reflux is flaring up. Just needed to find a way to vent

sent via SPLOOGE!!
How do you keep it safe? Don't put it in a vehicle. Doesn't matter what you drive, someone can get in it. Which is why the most valuable thing in my Jeep is a $50 CB radio...

Really sucks to hear your shit got jacked, but it's really inevitable if you have something easy to take or someone wants it. Even if it was super secured to the floor, they'd probably just destroy it and you'd be just as fucked.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #5 of 27 Old 04-04-2012, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
How do you keep it safe? Don't put it in a vehicle. Doesn't matter what you drive, someone can get in it. Which is why the most valuable thing in my Jeep is a $50 CB radio...

Really sucks to hear your shit got jacked, but it's really inevitable if you have something easy to take or someone wants it. Even if it was super secured to the floor, they'd probably just destroy it and you'd be just as fucked.
i only seem to have problems with the OEM top as far as theft is concerned. I'm going to get a more sensitive alarm installed thats for sure

sent via SPLOOGE!!

check my site out

post #6 of 27 Old 04-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Rock God

Garage

I'm sorry bro. I feel your pain. I've had 2 sets of subs, radios, and amps stolen from my old truck. I got tired of buying that shit all the time and said fuck it. Can't have nice shit cuz some ass clown will steal it. Sucks. But insurance was a bitch both times for me. They didnt cover my subs or amp cuz it wasn't "bolt on factory replacement." They gave me money for the radio though. Hope they dont pull that shit with you. Make sure you give the detective every possible piece of info on your stuff too. The first detective never returned any of my calls lol. Hope everything gets better for ya. Good luck.

Need advice or parts without all the bs. Call Marcus at River City Offroad
"Things are starting to come, what I like to call, together."
"Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it."
post #7 of 27 Old 04-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Banned

How to protect against it? Ain't a way I've ever seen. When shitbags want your stuff and you aint there, they're just gonna take it. Best defense there is to leave nothin of value for them.

And as someone once mentioned here in these hallowed halls, it aint so much an if but a when as it applies to someone breaking into a Jeep.

Sucks about the subs.

post #8 of 27 Old 04-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Rock God

Garage

That sucks man. You need a trunk monkey.

2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited, 6-speed, White
1985 CJ-7, 4-speed, 258 I-6, 3" Springs, 33" BFG AT, Gunmental Gray
post #9 of 27 Old 04-04-2012, 01:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sorry to hear.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
post #10 of 27 Old 04-04-2012, 02:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Next time, you make handles with razorblades on the inside. Blood samples will help track the fucker. Sucks this time though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #11 of 27 Old 04-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
Next time, you make handles with razorblades on the inside. Blood samples will help track the fucker. Sucks this time though.
Noted for future use

"Eat Liquid Gold"
post #12 of 27 Old 04-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Coonasian

Garage

Sorry, Man, that sucks but most everyone goes through it at some time. Hold their feet to the fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW
I love Walmart. Cheap shit, guns, knives, ammo, oil, chemicals, the biggest rubber selection I've ever seen and I always wondered how they could keep their prices so low and pay all the "entertainers" in the stores.

"Everything you never wanted to know about Cockatoos!" :
post #13 of 27 Old 04-04-2012, 03:09 PM
V8 dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
Or pufferfish toxin...that'd be sweet.

And when this happened to me years ago, not shit got covered. Had to have a separate policy for added equipment like that. Good luck with yours

Vandy

2010 Silver JKU
post #14 of 27 Old 04-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Rock God

Garage

Personal property stolen from inside a vehicle is often covered under a homeowner's policy. Check your policy coverage if you have homeowner's insurance or renter's insurance. If it was stolen at work, there my be a vandalism and theft rider written in the policy covering the parking lot or parking structure. Ask your office manager or landlord. Hope it works out for you.

post #15 of 27 Old 04-04-2012, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman View Post
Personal property stolen from inside a vehicle is often covered under a homeowner's policy. Check your policy coverage if you have homeowner's insurance or renter's insurance. If it was stolen at work, there my be a vandalism and theft rider written in the policy covering the parking lot or parking structure. Ask your office manager or landlord. Hope it works out for you.
Its going to be covered under my auto. That's good because my homeowners has $1000 deduct able vs $500 on my auto. Thanks tho. Since venting a bit i fell better.

sent via SPLOOGE!!

check my site out

post #16 of 27 Old 04-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Its going to be covered under my auto. That's good because my homeowners has $1000 deduct able vs $500 on my auto. Thanks tho. Since venting a bit i fell better.

sent via SPLOOGE!!
That's great news. Are they going to cover the set of stolen Pro Rock 44s you had sitting in the cargo area also?

post #17 of 27 Old 04-04-2012, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
That's great news. Are they going to cover the set of stolen Pro Rock 44s you had sitting in the cargo area also?
I wish but they told me to sit and spin lmfao

sent via SPLOOGE!!

check my site out

post #18 of 27 Old 04-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
That sucks man. You need a trunk monkey.
Jersey Crew has one.

Quote:

sent via SPLOOGE!!
You're having trouble falling too? That sounds like a rough day. When I have trouble falling, I drink booze. Works pretty well.

post #19 of 27 Old 04-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

That sucks man, I hate guys who take other peoples stuff

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #20 of 27 Old 04-05-2012, 10:05 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

That's why I have a shitty bazooka sub and nothing of value besides my iPod normally and I take that with during stops. Maybe an alarm would help?

Sorry to hear about this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #21 of 27 Old 04-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Rock God

Crooks are idiots. Once someone broke one of my windows and tried to use a crowbar to remove two of my doors... and I have a soft top.

Damn the cannons, full speed ahead! |
post #22 of 27 Old 04-06-2012, 12:01 AM
ADDICTION II build begins....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post

And as someone once mentioned here in these hallowed halls, it aint so much an if but a when as it applies to someone breaking into a Jeep.

Hey you remember! It is very true....it's not a matter of if but when. Locks are merely a delay factor against a persistent threat/criminal. If someone wants in bad enough they will get in. If you have an alarm system make sure you have a lock on your hood. Jeep hoods aren't usually secured by alarms and removal of the battery defeats the alarm....has happened to a couple owners on here back in '09. Good luck!

U.S. Army
post #23 of 27 Old 04-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Rock God

It should be legal to shoot petty thieves... that's all I have to add.

2007 Sahara Unlimited - Dana 60/14 Bolt - 5.38's with ARBs - 40x13.50x17 Goodyear MTRs - 3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor Plus - Rubi Rock Rails - XRC 10,000lb Winch
post #24 of 27 Old 04-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Rock God

Matt what part of the city you live in? Even down here in southern brip I haven't had any issues *knock on wood*

2009 Deep Water Blue Wrangler Unlimited X
37x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on KMC Machetes
Synergy 3" Coils/Rancho 9000XL Shocks
Currie Antirock
Yukon 5.13's
Sleeves/Gussetts
JKS Rear Trackbar
ProRock 44
Front/Rear ARB Air lockers
post #25 of 27 Old 04-06-2012, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter Scott View Post
Matt what part of the city you live in? Even down here in southern brip I haven't had any issues *knock on wood*
By avalon hills

sent via SPLOOGE!!

check my site out

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode