Black interior on 2012 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 03-20-2012, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Black interior on 2012

Have jeep engineers never driven with the top off. For 2012 the interior color options are black with silver or saddle trim. The dash and seats are black......not very nice when it is 100 and your sitting in traffic. The light greyor biege was nice.....why not leave 1 as an option. Good thing is u can fry bacon on your seats in the summer......and us Canadians like our bacon eh!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-20-2012, 09:01 PM
JKO Addict!

Canadians........Bacon??? Oh, you mean those round ham things! You silly confused Canucks!

Sent from my chocolate starfish at the speed of smell

United States Army 1997-Present

When a life or death decision must be made in seconds.....the police are only a minute away.
post #3 of 11 Old 03-21-2012, 03:40 AM
JKO Addict!

I'd bet the engineers didn't make the decision on interior color options...

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 03-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Granite Guru

I don't see the problem. Don't they sell towels up in Canada???? We live down in the desert and the color of the seats make no difference in summer, and that is even on a convertible with black leather seats.
post #5 of 11 Old 03-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Rock God

park next to a lake somewhere. Leave the top off long enough and the damn seaguls (or pigeons) will turn the interior white.

2016 JKU
post #6 of 11 Old 03-21-2012, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Round ham stuff is peameal bacon......i mean just good old strip bacon. Ya most likely wasn't an engineer......probably a bean counter that calculated they could save a few bucks by not offering more options. Yes black leather is "hotter" when in direct sunlight. Get in a light grey cloth interior with your shorts.....then jump in black leather seat with the top off......if u can't feel the difference u have leather legs or should back off the pain killers!!!!! We don't live in the winter tundra here, southern Ontario is farther south than the Utah, California and Nevada's northern border was 77 here today and is suppose to be over 80 by the end of the week, above average for this time of year but i'll take it!!!
Just saying it would have been nice to have something other then "black" with different colored trim!
PS our beer is better then that watered down stuff u drink..... how do u guys get drunk off that weak stuff?!?!
post #7 of 11 Old 03-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

For top off guys the black sounds like a bad idea. The dark grey is hot enough!

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #8 of 11 Old 03-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Granite Guru

I live in a desert. The black does not bother me. That is why I got cloth.

2011 Cosmos Blue Rubicon
Rough Country 2.5" coils/shocks
MOPAR front winch bumper/MOPAR rear bumper/Smittybuilt XRC8 w/ synthetic line
Custom hi-tuck exhaust

2013 Stone White Unlimited Sport
Rubicon rock rails
post #9 of 11 Old 03-22-2012, 01:21 PM
JKO Addict!

That's what you get for having a leather interior in a vehicle where it doesn't remotely belong.

And you silly canuck, the US currently makes the best beer in the world (took a long time to get to that point though). Just stop drinking the stuff you see advertised that looks like pee-pee and you'll be fine. Now ship me some moose jerky, eh?

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman

Last edited by BADGER; 03-22-2012 at 01:23 PM.
post #10 of 11 Old 03-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Granite Guru

What the hell people keep calling that Canadian bacon,you would ask Canadian bacon in most restaurant and they would look at you with a weird wtf look. Its back bacon for sake and while i do love Samuel adams,the best beer are still over sea.

And leather black seat....did you not get the memo?Chrysler don't sell off road vehicle anymore,they sell incredible soccer mom vehicle with the ability to deal with any situation you could encounter in a walmart parking lots.

Winter is coming.

Last edited by virtual_mage; 03-22-2012 at 04:56 PM.
post #11 of 11 Old 03-23-2012, 03:49 AM Thread Starter

Some of those soccer moms looked damn nice driving around the mall in there jeeps!!! I get mine all muddy then write "wish my girlfriend was this dirty" and then go troll around the mall to see if i can catch one.............then the wife catches me and i'm in the doghouse for weeks:shitstorm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode